No More Special Orders For Couponed Items

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 04:13 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Facts No more special orders for couponed items

Well, I would personally like to thank the following for ruing a good thing:

TLC and your show, Extreme Couponers
And...... the people who decide that they want to complain when they can't build their stockpile in a day.

Dillon's ( a Kroger affiliate) announced today that as of Wednesday of this week, they will no longer be special ordering ANY merchandise that is for a coupon or a MEGA sale.

Reasons cited: Dillon's does not get reimbursed for the whole value of the coupon ( I need to verify this with a few manufacturers)
No Stock in the warehouse to supply the QUOTE "regular Shoppers" END QUOTE. (Aren't we all customers?"

3rd reason: "An overwhelming interest in special ordering due to the Extreme Couponers" will require us to have a whole department dedicated to calling people to let them know their order is there and warehousing the carts with all the products so it does not get placed out on the floor for sale. (Okay, I get this one)

4th Reason: Customers complaining when they can't get a product on the shelf. (Not my problem, Kroger... order more Reach Toothbrushes from the manufacturer!

I knew there were issues with P and G with Kroger and affiliates where P and G did not want to reimburse them for all the coupons redeemed. It has now trickled down from Corporate to all the stores.

Fair warning.... and if you care, I would write letters ( NOT E MAILS ) send them a piece of paper that they have to deal with, telling Kroger how much you appreciate their sales and great service and you think it is a shame that they can not do special ordering any more.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:20 PM

RE: No more special orders for couponed items

My Mood/Status:
eluper has posted more than 50 good deals
That is so sad!!! I never used that but I think it is ridiculous that they won't do it anymore. Why aren't they getting paid the full price of the coupon? Is it because of the doubling and tripling? Down here Kroger doesn't double and triple anymore so it is face value so like the Nivea was still fine, it wouldn't have doubled anyway, my 75 cent vitamin water wouldn't have and neither would the pasta ones that I used.

I like the show on TLC though. I watch it every Wednesday. But I don't do huge trips like that. I leave with one buggy full! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to eluper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!

Last edited by DrSherry; 05-16-2011 at 06:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
SavannahJane has posted more than 150 good deals!SavannahJane has posted more than 150 good deals!
I personally hate that Extreme Coupon show. It is indeed ruining it for us all. I watched the series premiere and that was enough to make me sick. Now we are seeing the effects of that show and I can only guess that it is going to get worse.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SavannahJane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 04:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
eluper has posted more than 50 good deals
I hope they figure out why they weren't able to get the face value of the coupon. That's messed up!

I know some people hate the show and some like it. But I do see how it is messing up the people that are just trying to feed their family for the month, not the entire neighborhood for years! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to eluper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 11:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would hope that they mean the additional amount over & above the coupon ?
Anything else would be an internal problem between corporate and the manufacturer.

C
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunflory For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 AM

My Mood/Status:

Last edited by DrSherry; 05-16-2011 at 06:37 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 12:55 AM

rubymemaw has posted more than 1 good deal
Yes, please do. I would certainly send in a letter. A few months ago when I was at my local Kroger and saw hand written signs stating that they were limiting 'double' coupons to 5 of the exact same, I suspected it would even get tighter coupon policies. I asked the customer service desk about it and she stated that it had 'always' been the policies to double on 5 of the exact same coupon. Somehow I doubt this, their store, their rules, but I can choose to shop elsewhere if I don't like them! I also really dont like the perception that they are giving to couponers. It's almost like they are calling us theives.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubymemaw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
SavannahJane has posted more than 150 good deals!SavannahJane has posted more than 150 good deals!
In case you haven't read the Coupon Information Corporation's website here you go....Coupon Information Corporation: CIC Position on Extreme Couponing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SavannahJane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 AM

It isn't a STOCKPILE if you're selling it.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
He who is greedy is always in want.

I have had SM's tell me that shelf clearers wipe out the shelves AND the warehouse.
Apparently it's been a real problem.
Pr-ordering does hurt others.

Last edited by couponwannabee; 05-14-2011 at 07:32 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to couponwannabee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 10:33 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Springfieldian has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Woo hoo! Thanks for the good news! I was sick of encountering empty shelves or small limited numbers on the shelves while seeing and hearing about pallets and cases of pre-orders rolling out the door!

Last edited by Springfieldian; 05-14-2011 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Springfieldian For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!couponwannabee has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
How will the people on TLC EC coupon now?
A big part of their appearances seemed to be based on this.
That one guy was shopping Kroger I'm pretty sure and others as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to couponwannabee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 05:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
jerzeygirl1223 has posted more than 100 good deals!jerzeygirl1223 has posted more than 100 good deals!
special ordering is fine for hard to get items or special circumstances but when an extreme couponer orders 200 boxes of cereal?? to me thats greedy. It's great when we all donate to charities and such but there were a few people on that show who seemed to be hoarders. MAybe they should do a show called extreme couponing hoarders for those so addicted to getting free stuff that they can't eat sleep or spend time with their families until they've cleared the shelves!! LOL it's funny but really it's sad
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerzeygirl1223 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Since there's mention of P&G, it seems that they're finally acting on reports from consumers and reviewing their own terms of redemption which they revised in Jan 2010. After all, what's the use of telling retailers they reserve the right to deny payment for coupons that are redeemed against their rules, IF they will not follow through? Good to know those aren't just hollow threats

If special orders cannot be paid with coupons, maybe there will be enough stocks to be put on the shelves now since they don't go from warehouse straight to trunks of vehicles.

Last edited by joshmamabear; 05-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Did yall see this post?

Coupon news
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to couponwannabee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Maybe P&G are not paying due to stores & customers not following the rules.I have seen people go thru the line at walmarts with 20-30 of the same P&G coupon.The cashier scanned a few then pushed the rest thru. What happen to the limit 4 of the same coupon? Rules broken!!!!!!!!!!!No wonder there not paying.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momabrown3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:51 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
For me, it's about time that P&G mean what they say in those brand savers inserts coupons of 4 like coupons per shopping trip. If consumers continue to pass the blame on cashiers/store management for not strictly enforcing limits or reading the terms on coupons, then why be surprised if retailers start getting strict and scrutinizing all coupons presented to them @ check-out? It cannot be denied that special orders paid with coupons more often go over limits that the manufacturer(s) consider as excessive and therefore, they reserve the right to deny payment for those. They do not intend hundreds of their coupons to be used by one person purchasing their items, regardless of purpose for buying those items but most especially those they suspect being bought for purposes of resale.

If mfr denies payment to retailers, it is now up to retailers to provide proof they did not violate the terms of redemption. This is probably the reason why retailers are getting strict now; I expect other retailers to follow, even drugstores.

What do we expect if we are looking for loopholes to go around rules? Since manufacturers are now applying pressure on retailers, it is expected retailers will also start a crackdown to protect their interests. It is understandable why retailers will refuse such sale from special orders paid with coupons when they know the mfr will likely deny them payment. It is a huge loss to them in the long run.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 06:54 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I also think pre-ordering will stop everywhere eventually.
Can you imagine the hate mail TLC will get?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:57 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponwannabee View Post
Can you imagine the hate mail TLC will get?
I think they are already being bombarded with hate mails BUT they may be looking at it as a sign of people's interest and that encourages them to do another season based on casting calls We're stucked with EC now
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 07:03 PM

likes $3/$5 off Nature Mades
Kansas Sunflower

My Mood/Status:
bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
ewwww, Dr Sherry thats not good because I think you and I shop at the same Dillons. I have never pre-ordered anything, but I do have more than 10 coupons when I shop. Will have to come up with a different startegy. Thanks for the heads up.

**ISO Q's**
Tena
Egglands Egg coupons
Lactaid Milk
Tyson Chicken Sandwich
Angel Soft TP
Land O Lakes butter
Adult type cereal
Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 PM

deals? What deals?
The Duke of BOGOshire

My Mood/Status:
boiler_92 has posted more than 300 great deals!boiler_92 has posted more than 300 great deals!boiler_92 has posted more than 300 great deals!boiler_92 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Extreme Couponing is a piece of crap. Personally, I have learned nothing from watching the show, and once you've seen one ridiculous, staged trip to the grocery store you've seen them all, IMO.

I have no problem with stores enforcing the rules, either their own or the manufacturer's. It would be nice if their employees were fully trained and knowledgeable of them so we were all on the same page, but given that our own government can't seem to get that done (most of my job consists of knowing & implementing government regulations) I don't expect miracles. Of course, I've never attempted one of those outrageous purchases and probably never will so...
Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 PM

beyond a rock and a hard place!

My Mood/Status:
Rolley3 has posted more than 25 good deals
I noticed on several Q's it states the store will be reimbursed face value plus 8,9 cents extra. If they are genuine manufactures Q's then the store should be thrilled to see the Q's. Am I wrong? I don't extreme but I do use all I can. I have 5 people in my house to feed.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 AM

So Many Obsessions has posted more than 100 good deals!So Many Obsessions has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSherry View Post
4th Reason: Customers complaining when they can't get a product on the shelf. (Not my problem, Kroger... order more Reach Toothbrushes from the manufacturer!

I learned a little about this when I (a "regular" shopper who buys only 4 papers and gets unwanted qs from mom/MIL) spent weeks looking for Nivea body wash. Only recently have I committed myself to getting up early on Sunday to go "get the worm".

It works like this (for Kroger, at least)- they get their products from the warehouse/supplier. They have no control over quantity and can't just run out and call the mfg for more. They place orders for products and it's either shipped or scratched off. Nivea body wash was scratched off my Kroger's shipment for the last three trucks.

"special orders" come from the same supplier as shelf products. There's only so much to go around. In essence, it's no different than shelf clearing. When it's gone, it's gone. It isn't the store's fault. It could be blamed on the warehouse not having enough to keep up, but they're probably having a hard time getting it in, too.

Why? Because some people feel the need to buy 20+ body washes. I can understand stockpiling food, and almost justify shelf clearing food (except condiments...come on). Use donating as a cop-out if you want. But if a couponer is so interested in donating, shouldn't they take into consideration that by cleaning the store out, they're taking away other people's opportunity to get something they need for free - something they're trying to save money on? Because they NEED to save?

Back to the point-- special orders are just an easier way to clear a shelf. It may not have been such a big deal before the stupid show that has made ALL our couponing lives more difficult. But now half the country is on the bandwagon and there's only so much one store can pump out. Lately, every time a hot coupon comes out, you've got to RUN to the store before it's all gone. At first I thought it was just stores limiting quantites (which I still believe to be true for drug stores, and know is true with CVS). But I've gotten a lot of information lately and it's simple - higher % of coupons being redeemed, MANY more people buying large quantities...and not enough product to go around.

Okay. I'm done. End rant.

Sorry if my opinion bothers anyone. It's not my intent. If I get flamed, don't take my lack of response as your victory. I just don't have time to get on AFC for arguments or even conversations. I'm here to find deals. That's it.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to So Many Obsessions For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:06 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Many Obsessions View Post
It works like this (for Kroger, at least)- they get their products from the warehouse/supplier. They have no control over quantity and can't just run out and call the mfg for more. They place orders for products and it's either shipped or scratched off. Nivea body wash was scratched off my Kroger's shipment for the last three trucks. Exactly. It is the mfr who sends stocks to warehouse. If stocks allotted for a retailer is already depleted/sold out, the retailer can call for more, but mfr won't necessarily send more. That's all they get!
Quote:
"special orders" come from the same supplier as shelf products. There's only so much to go around. In essence, it's no different than shelf clearing. When it's gone, it's gone. It isn't the store's fault. It could be blamed on the warehouse not having enough to keep up, but they're probably having a hard time getting it in, too.
Right on target
I've always read people blaming store management not ordering enough knowing they're having a sale. Many do not realize that most often, stores get what comes in the delivery truck and that's all they can sell. Ask for rainchecks? Sure! but many times deals won't work with nearly expiring MQs or catalina/RR deals that work only the week of the promo. That is one reason that RCs are not also the answer to most problems. People ask why won't stores order MORE to make more sales? Of course, they want the sales, but they have no control of whatever amount of products the mfr sends them.
Retailers are just conduits/channel of the mfr to get the products to consumers, they have no power to magically produce all items that consumers demand from them. Want unlimited supply of the freebies? Ask the manufacturers if they will supply; this is not under control of the retailers.
Quote:
Why? Because some people feel the need to buy 20+ body washes. I can understand stockpiling food, and almost justify shelf clearing food (except condiments...come on). Use donating as a cop-out if you want. For many, it seems to justify their actions.But if a couponer is so interested in donating, shouldn't they take into consideration that by cleaning the store out, they're taking away other people's opportunity to get something they need for free - something they're trying to save money on? Because they NEED to save?
While I understand some people's need to stockpile overnight (we're in uncertain times), they have their reasons and many will stockpile overnight (if they can). No one can stop them and we just have to deal it. This is where retailers can take control to make sure that the limited number of sale items don't go to one early bird, or else they earn the ire of a lot of their shoppers. Sadly, it is not all retailer's fault
Quote:
Back to the point-- special orders are just an easier way to clear a shelf.
ding!ding! we have a winner It may not have been such a big deal before the stupid show that has made ALL our couponing lives more difficult. But now half the country is on the bandwagon and there's only so much one store can pump out. Lately, every time a hot coupon comes out, you've got to RUN to the store before it's all gone. Ain't that the truth? At first I thought it was just stores limiting quantities (which I still believe to be true for drug stores, and know is true with CVS). With CVS strict limits, many get the chance to buy items because not a lot will bother using their 100 CVS cards, although there are a few who will. But I've gotten a lot of information lately and it's simple - higher % of coupons being redeemed, MANY more people buying large quantities...and not enough product to go around.
ITA with all you said. There's just NOT enough products, especially freebies to supply the demand not just of couponers but non-couponers as well. One SM mentioned to me that they have been discussing that if SO cannot be curtailed, they will ask CASH/DC/CC payment for those and won't take coupons as payments. Let's say on a pre-order of 100 "like" items, they'll take 4 MQs (P&G rule?) and the 96 will be paid in "real money". She said they want to know if those if those who order the freebies/loss leader items on sale will continue to do it on a weekly basis. If they won't allow people to pay with MQs and rolling cats, they will now see if the demand continues. They will exericise their right to payment terms, not MQs for all orders since she said there are couponers that abandon their orders for whatever reason and they cannot control those also. It looks to me like an even playing field I hope they implement that and we'll see if stocks can now be found on store shelves instead of being delivered to just a few people.

Quote:
Sorry if my opinion bothers anyone. It's not my intent. If I get flamed, don't take my lack of response as your victory. I just don't have time to get on AFC for arguments or even conversations. I'm here to find deals. That's it.
Thanks for sharing your views.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
Yep, you and I are in the same boat! And for the record... I don't order things like 200 cases of cereal. I'm talking Olay body wash at $5.00 a bottle type of thing. They only carry 4 on the shelf. In the past, I will order a case of 12 for myself and OF COURSE, I will do the 3 or 4 transactions if needed.

I just feel that special order people are customers too! that should be a t-shirt.

I don't special order every week, or every month, only when something really strikes me.

the SAD SAD SAD part is when they told me about the 4 Special Orders that did not get picked up last week!!! The Dillons we shop at is VERY SMALL and that inventory counts against them. The manager is just sick about it.

So in reality, it's not the 3 or 4 customers who have been doing this ordering for years that are the problem, it's the people who really have no clue what they are doing.

Unfortunately, the learning curve is steep and the EC show does not explain that!