No More Special Orders For Couponed Items

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 AM

RE: No more special orders for couponed items

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
ladygaga

My Mood/Status:
sulma1 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I did not know that you could pre-order! I honestly hate that TLC show. Why? Because thery never have a problem with their coupons when they have 10 carts full of stulff! I think it is fake. I might have 10 things & the cashier always tries to find a problem my coupons ( I follow my coupon rules). Something like, " you have too many coupons". I hope they cancell that &*&$# show.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
When they say "regular customers," I in no way believe they are saying couponers and/or "special order people" aren't customers. What they are saying is that there are still people out there who don't use coupons, and who want to be able to go in and get that box of cereal for $2 or the toothbrush for $1, and they can't because other folks called dibs on it before it even reaches the store. It's been mentioned that the stores aren't as worried about irking the 8 couponers as they are the 92 "regular customers." It's all a numbers game, and we simply have to keep up with the constant changes to do what we can to "win" in a legitimate and respectful way.

Holy "quotation marks" "Batman!"

Last edited by clover317; 05-15-2011 at 08:48 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to clover317 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I do agree with comments in this thread and have always felt the TLC show would have far ranging repercussions as the year progressed. HOWEVER, concerning shelf clearers, not only couponers clear the shelves.

Last edited by TJ_2008; 05-16-2011 at 06:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to russman4 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 09:06 AM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
^^ what clover317 said.

while it is true that couponers who special order are still customers, it cannot be avoided that those who place SO are lumped together with business owners who place those orders way ahead knowing they can pay for all of them in coupons. With this scheme, there's no need for them to buy wholesale where they pay cash/credit when they can use MQs and let the mfr pay for their items. Customers may order 6, 12, 18 of an item which they can say are for personal HH use, BUT how can retailers know which are for resale and which are for HH use? They can't and they won't spend time finding out. Therefore, it'll be a lot easier for them to just take away the privilege and let everyone take their chance and buy regular retail ~ meaning store advertises a sale and the shopper goes to the store to avail of it while using their coupons to get some discount. The retailer, can exercise their right to limit how many coupons they want to accept from a buyer. If let's say a buyer got 15 like items and the retailer will ONLY take 4 coupons for those while allowing the shopper to buy the 11 w/o coupons, it is now up to shopper if they'll go ahead with trxn or leave the 11 for others to buy. If they have companions, then they get give them 4 of the coupons to use and they can still buy all they want with coupons. The main thing here is ~ couponers may have to work harder if they want to get all the freebies. Retailers should give everyone a chance to avail of their loss leader sales.

While many will think it is still unfair to bring the whole clan to use as props to use coupons, THAT remains to be their strategy and we have to learn to live with that since that is not illegal. Maybe unfair to others but if that is their strategy, so be it. We cannot question people who bring their family since each one of them is considered a customer. Now, if retailers come up with X limits PER HOUSEHOLD, that is another thing and makes it harder now for clans and it is up to them to be discreet if they want their plan to work.

Overall, for those who are determined to get all the sale items cheap/free, they may have to work harder now unlike the current set up where many (there may have been an increased since this became widespread since EC) will just place SO with store personnel and they are informed once the items are available. While a few who SO get all they want, ALL THE REST of REGULAR SHOPPERs are left with nothing to buy on the shelves.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:55 PM

doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I am also really tired of those claiming "donations" for their greed to wipe out the shelves of a store. Someone else on this board said "donation is not justification" and I totally agree!

Most places people are claiming to donate to get government support and almost ALL of the people using the donations already get food stamps so their food is already free. I think the claim to wipe out a store for donations is basically fufulling the greed of the couponer to get their "high" for the day.

I personally do not have a huges stockpile. My pantry is full and my 18 inch linen closet is almost full. It is plenty for our family of 5 and I still have some to donate every few months.

I have to say I do not feel sorry for anyone that can no longer pre order and they already have an entire room or garage filled to the brim with stuff. If your stock is full then lay off and let others get a few good deals.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodle286 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 03:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I know there is no offense meant by your comment regarding the MORMONS... but you have to understand that it is a principle that they live by to be prepared and be able to support their family. I seriously doubt that those "MORMONS" were intending to do harm by buying a bunch of pasta. If you would go up to one of those "MORMONS" and ask them for a package or two, I bet they would immediately give it to you if not even offer to buy it for you.

Please don't make this a religious discussion, people. There are plenty of Survivalists and Preppers out there who would do the same thing!

Imagine this..... a mormon who uses coupons... now you are all in trouble! hee hee
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!DrSherry has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Maybe we should all go back to the Rationing days of Russia. One loaf of bread, one package of pasta and one jar of ragu per address per week. No exceptions.

The last I checked, we are still living in a free market capitalist society. There are no rules against a stockpile. There are no rules against how much food a person can eat or buy.

Economically, the market is self adjusting right now. There is obviously not enough supply for the demand. The demand is artificially high due to several factors: Fear, Greed, Common Sense to be prepared and a TV show that follows the unique shopping habits of a few people.

Grocery stores were so excited to be featured on this show because they wanted the world to see how friendly their associates are. TLC wanted to spin the show to make the shoppers look like freaks. The exact opposite reaction has happened. Now you have stores having to cover their butts when it comes to offering loss leaders. Now you have every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to have an over night stockpile. (those Mormons as mentioned earlier have been doing this for decades)

Now you have a wave of new interest in something that can turn into an economic necessity for some families.

I, personally, am fine with the limits of the sale items imposed by the stores. Over time, the coupon usage (and abuse) should slow and you will see Kroger noticing that hey, they don't sell pallet after pallet of TP anymore, what is going on?

What really needs to happen from an economic standpoint... the prices on these items need to increase and they need to stop allowing overage on coupons ... PERIOD. If an item such as a toothbrush had an oop price of .25 after coupon, I think everyone would think twice about ordering 300 of them.

HOWEVER, please really think about this: It is not OUR sale, we (as couponers) did not design the flier and encourgae shoppers to come shop. They are not OUR coupons, we as couponers simply take the manufacturer's advertising scheme and pair it with a store's sale for us to come out ahead. Don't you think someone along the way should coordinate the coupon schedule with the store promotion schedule and look at supply of goods along with pricing of the goods so that the store comes out on top as well???

I do, however, remember when Crest toothpaste was on sale for $1.00 a tube. This was before P and G had the limit 4 on their coupon. The Kroger regions were having a contest to see who could sell the most Crest. Crest was allowing the winning store to have preferential pricing for the following quarter. In other words, they sell a ton now, win the prize and they will make killer profits on toothpaste over the next 3 months. Guess what! My store won. They were begging me to buy, they OFFERED to special order in the formula that I wanted if I needed that.

I did get over 500 tubes of toothpaste after ordering coupons to get that many. Those went right to two different food banks... one was a local church pantry and the other was Harvester's. I did, however take one for my family... shame on me for not donating the entire 500.

My store won the pricing war and everyone was happy. Everytime I was in they would talk about that trip. There were 3 cashiers who rang that up so that we could split the time it would take to ring up 500 coupons.

For them, it was like a public relations stunt to see how many they could sell. While I was there ringing it up, all I did was talk about what a great deal it was. People were buying cases of it for themselves even though they didn't have any coupons.

Why do I present this scenario??? Sometimes there are marketing goals and market shares to be had by some manufacturers. We are simply the vehicles for companies to make profits... even with coupon use.

So, in these crazy times of limits and all the coupon newbies, I do think this too shall pass. I don't see the market sustaining such controls long term. Eventually companies like Crest will wonder why after all the coupons they publish that they only have x# of sales when they expected 10x# of sales.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSherry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 03:59 PM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have to disagree with you OP, Crest made by P&G probably realized they are not making money when they are the ones paying for all those Crest TP sold @ $1 and paid for the $1 MQs. Is it the consumer who paid for those that are donated to charity?

If P&G is satisfied with their profit margins, why would they come out with a revised proper coupon redemption policy agreement with retailers? This revision came out in January 2010 so it is obvious that they have been monitoring percentage of coupon use and how it is affecting their profit margins. If it wasn't broke, why would they fix it?

The fact that they came up with revisions and they put additional verbage on brandsavers inserts coupons starting Sept 2010 is another confirmation that they are regulating, if not outright restricting the distribution and use of their mfr coupons. We may have different interpretations to this but the fact remains, they have been monitoring the market and are starting to put a cap on what they are willing to give away, not according to retailer's terms BUT according to their terms.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clover317 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Another factor is that the ads and coupons are created so far in advance. I'm sure none of the stores had any idea how much coupon usage was going to explode in the time between when they decided on sales and when the sale actually happened, so now they're doing what they can to adjust. I'm sure they've gotten more complaints about items not being in stock then they will about taking away special ordering.

*ETA- OP, I don't want you to feel ganged up on by the people like myself that don't agree with your feelings. I understand that you're upset about not being able to do what you've been doing, and that it's going to make things more difficult for you. However, I think that the problem lies much more in the consumers than it does in the stores right now. While you might only pre-order a dozen of something, the person in line behind you might have pre-ordered ten times that.

Last edited by clover317; 05-15-2011 at 04:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to clover317 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 PM

doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!doodle286 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Back in October Red Plum and P&G pulled from about a dozen city newspapers in the DFW, Tx area. That is about the same time PG changed its policy to 4 like coupons, I think.

There was also a rumor at one time that they would pull from all papers and just be mailed to each household giving us all just one insert a piece. I sure hope the ones that use 200+ coupons for 200 body washes for example realize that their extreme couponing could lose it for us all. Free world or not, mfg will put a stop to it if the need to.

I just wish the extreme couponers would slow it down for a while. I feel like they are going to ruin it for everyone including themselves!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodle286 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSherry View Post
Please don't make this a religious discussion, people. There are plenty of Survivalists and Preppers out there who would do the same thing!

Imagine this..... a mormon who uses coupons... now you are all in trouble! hee hee
I did not in any way attempt to make it a "religious discussion" as you state - my point was exactly as I stated, that it isn't always couponers who clear the shelves, so please do NOT try to extend it beyond my point. This was just ONE example because it was what was related to me - the fact that it was Mormons or whatever was not the point, and I know my post in NO WAY tried to say anything else than what it DID say - and that was that it isn't only couponers who can and do clear the shelves, and they do it for very good reasons. And that is ALL my post was saying.

simple as that. Please don't try to make my post anything else than what it really was. Do not put words in my mouth, so to speak, To that end I would appreciate the "religious" remark in your posting be edited out, because it is irrelevant to the point of my post. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited by russman4; 05-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Booking Newborn Photo shoots!

My Mood/Status:
QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Where is your Dillons? I go to Lawrence KS for the mega sales about 5 times a year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In search of Pampers Gifts to Grow codes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBMOM View Post
Where is your Dillons? I go to Lawrence KS for the mega sales about 5 times a year.
Leavenworth
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!sunflory has posted more than 300 great deals!
Read that

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahJane View Post
In case you haven't read the Coupon Information Corporation's website here you go....Coupon Information Corporation: CIC Position on Extreme Couponing
Read that as " now that you found that loop hole, we'll see what we can do to close it"
ergo because of that stinking channel and it's stupid show, we all will suffer for it in the future.

TLC .......... JUST SAY NO !!

C
Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
tenam has posted more than 25 good deals
I am so tired of people not understanding couponing!!!I don't recall asking Kroger to double or triple their coupons and I can't help now they can't honor their policy..When Kroger stops doubleing in our area, then I will start back shopping at Walmart..
What is the difference in me buying 20 items and 20 different people coming in using a coupon? If all Kroger's would have a corp. policy and all of them would following it would make couponing so much easier...A cashier at Kroger tried to deny coupons today because she said it was a Family Dollar coupon but it was a manf. coupon so I had to get store manager involved, she didn't even try to scan she said they don't take that coupon...This drives me crazy!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM

mother of 2 beautiful daughters

My Mood/Status:
julesh30 has posted more than 300 great deals!julesh30 has posted more than 300 great deals!julesh30 has posted more than 300 great deals!julesh30 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I think it's only going to get worse because of this show. What kills me is how many of these episodes were filmed at a Kroger?? You can't tell me that their corporate office didn't know what was about to happen. SEveral of these people got ads ahead of time and ordered their coupons from a clipping service. Would love to know how "God" is sending that one lady all her inserts??? I have a friend who is an editor of a newspaper and I asked about buying extra inserts once and he told me he couldn't because they are accountable for all inserts they don't use and have to send them back in. Sure hope we can still get the deals because with gas prices continuing to rise, we are all going to be hurting in our pocketbooks.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!oldsgt24 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Okay I would like to say that I have had problems with even employees checking for stock in the back and when I asked about pre-orders I was denied. They always told me that they don't do such things. I guess this is another of not being the click or being in with managers or employees.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 PM

cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenam View Post
I am so tired of people not understanding couponing!!!I don't recall asking Kroger to double or triple their coupons and I can't help now they can't honor their policy..When Kroger stops doubleing in our area, then I will start back shopping at Walmart..
What is the difference in me buying 20 items and 20 different people coming in using a coupon? If all Kroger's would have a corp. policy and all of them would following it would make couponing so much easier...A cashier at Kroger tried to deny coupons today because she said it was a Family Dollar coupon but it was a manf. coupon so I had to get store manager involved, she didn't even try to scan she said they don't take that coupon...This drives me crazy!!!
I see this question asked a lot on AFC, and I don't think it's difficult to understand the answer IF you think about coupons from a "what is the manufacturer's INTENT" point of view. After all, coupons are provided by the manufacturers and THEY pay the cost of them, NOT the retail stores. I copied most of this explanation from another post I made a month ago addressing this same question.

I don't think the manufacturer's object with coupons is just for people to buy the product on the coupon. It's not that simple. The object is get the consumer to LIKE and PREFER the product to other possible products out there in competition. By offering a coupon, it's an inducement to get someone to purchase the product, yes. But what the manufacturer wants to see happen is for the person who purchases it to LIKE it and purchase it AGAIN, without a coupon. So yes, it DOES matter to the manufacturer whether 100 people try their product with a coupon or 20 people stockpile their product with a coupon. The more people who try their product, the more chances the manufacturers have for repeat sales, which is the entire reason they're in business. Remember, coupons go back thru a clearinghouse to the manufacturer and it is the MANUFACTURER who pays to redeem them. Do the math. If 100 coupons are issued by the manufacturer and 80 are redeemed, the manufacturer pays for 80 coupons. If 20 were used by individuals and 60 were used by 2 extreme couponers (22 possible converts to the product), versus 40 being used by 10 couponers limited to 4 coupons each, and 40 by individuals (50 possible converts to the product), which scenario benefits the manufacturer more? It's easy to see why P&G instituted their policy, and it seems quite likely more manufacturers will be following suit.

Manufacturers aren't dumb. They adjust. When their "advertising dollars" via coupons aren't bringing them the same return they've historically gotten (due to the social changes in coupon redemption), they are going to adjust their policies and retailers like Kroger and other stores will have to adhere to them or the stores will lose money, which only drives up consumer prices. We have to remember that we (serious coupon users) are NOT the actual target audience and manufacturer and store policies are not designed to cater to us and our "needs".
The Following User Says Thank You to cyndibru For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011, 08:24 PM

Excited Spring is here and it's beautiful...

My Mood/Status:
gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!gradycandace has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Must not be at all Dillons stores yet, I was able to order 30 packages of Kandoo Wipes this week, and my P&G coupons DO NOT state limit to 4 like coupons per trip!
, and Lillian Presley 2