Kroger Mailed Coupon Books?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:34 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

castoral has posted more than 10 good deals
Kroger mailed coupon books?

We've shopped Krogers fo pretty much ever but through all our moves, we didn't even know the phone number, let alone address that was registered on our card. I really never thought anything of it though until I found out they were mailing things to that address. So about a year and a half ago, opened a new Kroger card with our new address and phone number which we've used at least once a week since then. But I've never gotten one thing from them. Not even coupons that came out at the end except for maybe Gerber baby food which was odd since I make my own/buy formula from Sams Club/and cloth diaper, s I'm not even really sure how they picked up on the baby thing anyway.

BUT, I found out my mom has been getting these coupon booklets in the mail. She goes to the same Krogers we do and makes maybe 2-3 trips per week spending about $20-$30 each time, less than us and never uses coupons.

I know from a presentation in college from the marketing team that works for Krogers that the card is used to "identify" your family based on your shopping habits, but still, that should take less than a year and a half.

Any idea on how I can get those coupon in the mail? Or get good coupons to print at the end of my order again? (I used to get about 20 per order, usually thing like Kroger ice cream, Kroger salad dressing, etc.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to castoral For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 AM

RE: Kroger mailed coupon books?

My Mood/Status:
trailride4me has posted more than 150 good deals!trailride4me has posted more than 150 good deals!
You can call customer service1-888-904-0800. Talk to them, we had the same problem once. They said that they send the list (of names) out to the source that handles that part only every so many months. Then it can take time to get the mailings. But I would think 1 1/2 yrs should be long enough. They were very friendly to talk to. Mary.
The Following User Says Thank You to trailride4me For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2010, 07:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!krystenn88 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Everytime I have called Kroger's CS, they have always been extremely nice. I was told the last time I called about the coupon books, they send it when you spend $500 quarterly. HTH!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystenn88 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 03:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
duranik has posted more than 150 good deals!duranik has posted more than 150 good deals!
I didn't get the coupons until I registered my card and address on the Kroger website.
The Following User Says Thank You to duranik For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM

hautie has posted more than 25 good deals
I have always received the coupons by mail since they started the program.

But my parents never did. And they were easily spending 500.00 a month at their Kroger (Lewisville).

When I ask about it my store (McKinney) I was told to registered their cards online. Which I did and month or so later they started to receive the coupons too.

But I have notice that I will get odd little set of coupons for dairy products only. Which annoys my Daddy cause he spends more on dairy that I do. So I tend to give the dairy coupons to him. Since I have turned him into the coupon maniac.

I realize I have cut my spending by at least by 1/3. If not in half, on most trips. But it does take the forethought to sit down and plan it all out before I enter the store. Or I miss really good deals.
The Following User Says Thank You to hautie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
ameliabedelia has posted more than 100 good deals!ameliabedelia has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystenn88 View Post
Everytime I have called Kroger's CS, they have always been extremely nice. I was told the last time I called about the coupon books, they send it when you spend $500 quarterly. HTH!
I spend more than $500 quarterly and have never gotten the Kroger coupons by mail. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to ask, and got a response that they have a "very complex formula" to determine who gets it. I did register my Kroger card on the website a few days ago, so maybe that's the magic part of the formula? Here's hoping!
The Following User Says Thank You to ameliabedelia For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Did you also fill out all of your details on kroger.com? After you login, it's under "my account" and it asks about your ages range, kids, pets, etc. That can only help! Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ldbollen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 02:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!funnybottoms has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't think I've ever spent over $500 quaterly, but was receiving the coupon books until recently. Usually I would receive one around the time that the previous one expired, but my last one expired 4/17 and I haven't received a new one yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to funnybottoms For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 02:41 AM

Jesus I trust in you

My Mood/Status:
atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by castoral View Post
We've shopped Krogers fo pretty much ever but through all our moves, we didn't even know the phone number, let alone address that was registered on our card. I really never thought anything of it though until I found out they were mailing things to that address. So about a year and a half ago, opened a new Kroger card with our new address and phone number which we've used at least once a week since then. But I've never gotten one thing from them. Not even coupons that came out at the end except for maybe Gerber baby food which was odd since I make my own/buy formula from Sams Club/and cloth diaper, s I'm not even really sure how they picked up on the baby thing anyway.

BUT, I found out my mom has been getting these coupon booklets in the mail. She goes to the same Krogers we do and makes maybe 2-3 trips per week spending about $20-$30 each time, less than us and never uses coupons.

I know from a presentation in college from the marketing team that works for Krogers that the card is used to "identify" your family based on your shopping habits, but still, that should take less than a year and a half.

Any idea on how I can get those coupon in the mail? Or get good coupons to print at the end of my order again? (I used to get about 20 per order, usually thing like Kroger ice cream, Kroger salad dressing, etc.)
My sister had the same problem. She called Kroger; I believe the phone number is on your card. They were glad that she called. The next time she shopped, coupons printed for her at the register. They immediately sent some rather generic coupons. On the next Kroger mail-out of coupons, she began to receive coupons based on her purchases. Happy Krogering!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
JGJG has posted more than 400 great deals!JGJG has posted more than 400 great deals!JGJG has posted more than 400 great deals!JGJG has posted more than 400 great deals!JGJG has posted more than 400 great deals!
I am having the same problem. I think I will call them too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to JGJG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
ameliabedelia has posted more than 100 good deals!ameliabedelia has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atinywhisperingsound View Post
My sister had the same problem. She called Kroger; I believe the phone number is on your card. They were glad that she called. The next time she shopped, coupons printed for her at the register. They immediately sent some rather generic coupons. On the next Kroger mail-out of coupons, she began to receive coupons based on her purchases. Happy Krogering!
Does Kroger mail out coupons other than in Kroger My Magazine? Because I'd think the ones in the magazine are all the same, not dependent on what you buy. Is there a name to these other ones that they mail out?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:06 PM

Jesus I trust in you

My Mood/Status:
atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atinywhisperingsound has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliabedelia View Post
Does Kroger mail out coupons other than in Kroger My Magazine? Because I'd think the ones in the magazine are all the same, not dependent on what you buy. Is there a name to these other ones that they mail out?
Yes, there is another mailout besides My Magazine. They come about every three months - I'm expecting some in May. These coupons are related to the products that you normally purchase. I don't remember if they have a specific name.
The Following User Says Thank You to atinywhisperingsound For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM

dubbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dubbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dubbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dubbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dubbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dubbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atinywhisperingsound View Post
Yes, there is another mailout besides My Magazine. They come about every three months - I'm expecting some in May. These coupons are related to the products that you normally purchase. I don't remember if they have a specific name.
I think they are called Preferred Customer Coupons or something like that. They used to have the free item coupons with those but now I have been getting post cards with free items on instead from Kroger. They come out every 3-4 months and are good for 90 days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubbs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ldbollen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
And I'm not getting the free item coupons anymore (but still getting the Preffered Customer Coupons). I do get about every month a 5x7 folded piece of mail with one coupon on it, ie., $2.50 off of any two Suave or $1.50 off of any Pampers diapers. These can be used anywhere as they are MANU coupons (I cut Kroger off of the bottom for those finicky stores).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldbollen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Jesus I trust in you

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldbollen View Post
And I'm not getting the free item coupons anymore (but still getting the Preffered Customer Coupons). I do get about every month a 5x7 folded piece of mail with one coupon on it, ie., $2.50 off of any two Suave or $1.50 off of any Pampers diapers. These can be used anywhere as they are MANU coupons (I cut Kroger off of the bottom for those finicky stores).
I cut the Kroger symbol off the My Magazine coupons for "those finicky stores."
Old 05-03-2010, 05:34 PM

Jesus I trust in you

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
I think they are called Preferred Customer Coupons or something like that. They used to have the free item coupons with those but now I have been getting post cards with free items on instead from Kroger. They come out every 3-4 months and are good for 90 days.
I think that sounds about right. We'll know for sure soon.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vabreadbaker has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've been getting those "personalized" Kroger q's for quite a while, but haven't received a new set for a couple of months. Today, I received the Mother's Day Traditions issue of My Magazine with q's, recipes, and lots of Spanish features (for Cinco de Mayo?).