Fry's Policy On "Printed Coupons" From The Internet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign Fry's Policy on "Printed Coupons" from the internet

Well I went to Fry's today, and i NEVER have issues with q's.....ever. The register clerk informed me that they are no longer taking printed coupons off the internet UNLESS they are printed in color.

I had 1 internet coupon for "softsoap' that ended up with me getting the item free, but the kid at the register said "we have issues with fraud, and your coupon looks fraudulent". I told him I printed on my printer from the website, but he said "we'll take it this time, but next time we wont accept printed coupons from the computer unless they are in color".

Yikes...I dont want to spend the $$ on a color ink cartridge!! So perhaps I'll have to print them at work? LOL ...anyone else heard of this?

The Following User Says Thank You to mommyof1beauty For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 PM

RE: Fry's Policy on "Printed Coupons" from the internet

My Mood/Status:
HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!HaroldS has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Well no, but I use color to print. I use CVS extra bucks to buy the ink so not as painful.
Did you seek out the mgr? I think I would do that rather than take a kid's word for it. Also call Fry's main office and inquire about it. Or do you have another nearby Fry's to try? Good luck.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:33 AM

chop has posted more than 50 good deals
there is NO WHERE on coupon policy that says it has to be in color! and if someone said mine "looked" fraudulent........but would take this time.........i would be just about screaming for a manager. and as a frys cashier.......when i think a printed doesnt look right.......i never tell my customer that! i tell them i need to get the coupon cleared with the manager first, because there have been some issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mommyof1beauty has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ya I was upset...but I had my screaming kid at the register so I didnt wanna argue, plus it was a Friday evening (supper time) at the store so it was JAMMED.

When I got home, I noticed that the printables from online say "Cashier may accept in black and white"........I was like WTH? I always use this one cashier, but she was not there, and this kid was about 18-19 and thought he was "the fastest checker" (you know those kind) and I was taken so off guard. I dont think all of us print using color, most of us print trying to save paper!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:26 PM

don't mind my freaky avatar

My Mood/Status:
5X5 has posted more than 25 good deals
You were in the right.

I completely understand you not wanting to 'get into it' right then and there. I think we can all sympathize with those situations. Fry's has no policy regarding the printing preferences of their coupon customers.

In a situation such as this, I would recommend writing a short letter to corporate using their "comments" section on the website. I find that this way, you get something back in writing that you can print out and just show the next cashier who is mistaken. Often, Fry's will also compensate you for your troubles..at the very least, you will most likely get an apology.

Never had a problem with black and white coupons myself. I use the lowest print quality setting and have been known to re-use paper by printing coupons on the back of scrap printer paper. The whole point of using a coupon is to save money!
The Following User Says Thank You to 5X5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 01:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
thank you! I'll take your advice and do that. I have never read a policy from them that says they dont accept them. Even the coupon says (most times) store may take "in black and white". I too print on the back of other paper LOL (saving me money..)

I just like Fry's so much, they never give me hassles usually so it was odd this time that they did.

The Following User Says Thank You to mommyof1beauty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
jgarcia has posted more than 200 great deals!jgarcia has posted more than 200 great deals!jgarcia has posted more than 200 great deals!
That sucks out loud.. I normally would not be in this thread, but my friend in AZ wants help, so I was checkin out her store? And it's owned by Kroger. Which we have PLENTY of, in Indiana.. And I have had no issue like this? I hope it gets better for you!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Run with the wind!

My Mood/Status:
xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!xsdmom has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
technology now a days is making it harder to tell between a copy and a real one. I print all my first in quick print mode unless it a very important document.
I can understand Fry's. If these people who do make copies can't be stopped. WE WILL BE the ones losing.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
alot of us print them in Black and White on quick print. Most of the B&W q's on line (coupons.com/smartsource.com) say on them "retailer should accept in black and white" - I just went today to Fry's, they took them this time. I think sometimes i get bad cashiers. UGH.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 PM

cluffgirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cluffgirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cluffgirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cluffgirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cluffgirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!cluffgirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have had issues with my Fry's lately with their competitors coupons. I tried to use the 6/30 fresh and easy coupon a few weeks ago. I had bought a little over $30 dollars worth of groceries, handed that coupon first and the cashier just set it aside and asked for the rest of my coupons. I gave him the rest and at the end he just handed it back to me. Didn't take it off, didn't say anything just handed it back to me. It was about 11:30 at night and I was exhausted so I just left.
The next day I looked more closely at the coupon and no where on it did it say that the $30 had to be after coupons (I mean really, why would it matter? Coupons SHOULD be the same to them as cash). So I went in to dispute it. The Woman at the customer service desk was incredibly rude about it and acted like I was trying to pull one over on her, so I asked for a manager. I explained that no where on the coupon did it say that the $30 had to be after coupons. He then tried to tell me that this was Fry's policy with those types of coupons. Okay, but it's not a Fry's coupon, it's a competitor coupon! And I asked him where it say's that in their coupon policy. The guy looked totally flabbergasted, and finally just said that if I spent the few more dollars I need to be over $30 after the coupons he would give me the $6. He then told me to come back to costumer service to check out. When I came back with a few groceries the first woman was there and told me that there was no way I was checking out there because she was WAY too busy to do all my grocery's (there was no one else in line). So I had to go to a lane and explain my whole situation over again and try to find the guy who helped me!
What a mess it was! Has anyone else had any trouble with the $x/x fresh and easy coupons with coupons?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 AM

chop has posted more than 50 good deals
in the ad it clearly states that they take competitor coupons but also they go by the rules and restrictions of each one. now most of safeway and albies will say "after all deductions including manufacture coupons", then that is the rule for that. but since fresh and easy dont take man coupons.........there is NO WHERE on that coupon that say it. also,........in the paperwork handed down from corp on these coupons........it doesnt say anywhere that the fresh and easy are after the coupons either. the only problem we have in our store about the fresh and easy is each manager tells us something different. one says yes we take them the other says no.......then the third is a yes or no again.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:20 PM

coupons

My Mood/Status:
ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ingramdeb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Oh ya im not the only person with coupon problems at frys a few weeks ago they had the $5.00 off when you buy 10 participating items i had the bogo on the old spice bbody wash they refused to take the manufactures coupon due to i was getting the .50 cents off with my frys card. I tonld the cashier she was wrong take my grocies and shove them went 3 blocks down the street to another frys and got the deal.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
JD76 has posted more than 10 good deals
Each store can be slightly different on the policies. So it can be a little frustrating. Kroger's primary policy is not always the same as the Fry's store policy so I ask at the customer service counter if I am at a different Fry's as soon as I walk in the door prior to shopping.

Edit: I can not post links yet, however Katie A. has posted the Fry's coupon policy facebook link in a sticky. Even though some stores may differ, printing this off and keeping it with you when you shop is a good idea. I also noticed the bulk of this post is over a year old, so the rest of my response wouldn't apply.

Last edited by JD76; 06-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Cavecreekguy has posted more than 25 good deals
As JD76 says, the complete Fry's coupon policy is on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, here's the link:

Fry's Coupon Policy

Here are some sections I copied from the policy on Facebook that relate to a couple of the posts here:

$ amount off total order

- All competitor amount-off total order coupons will be redeemed after all other discounts and coupons have been applied, as long as the purchase requirements of the coupon have been met.

Stated again, in the FAQ section of the page:

What about Fresh & Easy Coupons for an amount of order?
These offers imply that the customer must spend $xx to receive the dollars off order so they will be taken after all discounts and coupons are applied like all other competitors.

Black & white vs. color printing

The policy on Facebook does not specifically address manufacturers coupons but there is this item:

I have a competitor coupon from the internet from one of the competitors listed above, do you accept these?
Yes, we do accept Print at Home Competitor coupons.
Competitor coupons printed from the internet may be printed in black & white.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
mrsfancypants has posted more than 10 good deals
I love my frys and VERY rarely do I have a problem and it was with the fresh and easy coupons quite a few months ago when they would apply them before any other coupons.. oh well... I still get really good deals so thats all that matters
Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 PM

katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!katie a. has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingramdeb View Post
Oh ya im not the only person with coupon problems at frys a few weeks ago they had the $5.00 off when you buy 10 participating items i had the bogo on the old spice bbody wash they refused to take the manufactures coupon due to i was getting the .50 cents off with my frys card. I tonld the cashier she was wrong take my grocies and shove them went 3 blocks down the street to another frys and got the deal.
eCoupons come off before paper coupons. Be sure not to put eq's on your card if you think you'll have a better paper coupon.