Twenty Eight Cents!!! 51 Items

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 PM
blargh

My Mood/Status:
carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dance Twenty Eight Cents!!! 51 Items

So I had to go to the post office late this afternoon to mail an envie from the auction I had. Since there is a Fry's across the street, I decided to go in and wander and pick up a few freebies and look around for tearpads/blinkies. It's not my usual Fry's, but one I still go in once and awhile.

I had no plan. I just wandered. They were out of some of the items (Puffs, Cottenelle, Armour Sausage) And I had to be careful since it was just me with no kids and I take the bus so I couldn't get too much, but by the time I left my cart had quite a bit. So I check out. I hadn't given him my VIP card as I was still loading as he was ringing. So the total was over $110 which kind of freaked me out a bit since I'm not supposed to be 'spending' money at the moment. But after the VIP card It came down to sixty something and I had a stack of coupons so I figured, okay, it will be $20 or so. Not a problem.

So I gave him the $10/$50 Albertson's Q first. No problem. Didn't make me wait to take it off at the end, which was good. I'm counting Q's and straightening them giving him a stack at a time not really paying attention. Until the last stack. I look at the total of $12 something and I probably just handed him that many Q's. And I'm like, OMG. So I'm watching him take the coupons off, and the total getting lower and lower. He's laughing and having a good time with this, the bagger is getting wide eyed and I'm starting to majorly PANIC. He's getting to the last few Q's and I'm eying the candy thinking, OMG, it's going to go under or beep or something and I need to grab some. But nope, he scans the last Q and the total comes up of TWENTY EIGHT CENTS. I got 51 items and not all of them were freebies.

Anyway, this is what I got. I'm not gonna list the amounts or Q's because I'm not even gonna try to figure it out. I believe the only thing I didn't have a Q for was the Fry's Cooking Spray.

3 - Bounty Basic (FYI: Now 10/$10)
2 - Sunny Delight
3 - Powerade
1 - Kroger Canola Spray
3 - Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes
1 - Halls Cough Drops
2 - Quaker Life Cereal
3 - Capn Crunch Cereal
1 - Quaker To Go Cookie
5 - Green Giant Veggies
3 - Brut Deodorant
1 - Jolly Time Popcorn
1 - Febreze Noticeables
4 - Ice Breakers Gum
6 - Tic Tacs
3 - Nesquik Milk
2 - Maruchan Yakisoba
1 - Pampers Kandoo Wipes
3 - Celestial Seasonings Tea
1 - Valley Fresh White Chicken (Large can)
2 - Sobe Life Water

So 51 items: $.28 cents

Total savings $117.83 (100% Savings)

And the funniest part. I had three reusable bags with me. He didn't take them off. Obviously I didn't go in and complain about my $.15 cents.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to carlsonfour For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM

RE: Twenty Eight Cents!!! 51 Items

The early bird catches the worm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Excellent!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FreebieMama believes in reading
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreebieMama For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ask me about Current Specials!

My Mood/Status:
caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!caitlinn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I am in complete awe! I aspire to do what you did...congrats!!!

Check out my current Thirty One Gifts
!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to caitlinn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 PM

is searching for deals on AFC!

My Mood/Status:
30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!30good has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Way to go. I am more amazed you got all that on the bus!

The Following User Says Thank You to 30good For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 09:23 PM

THANKFUL FOR AFC!!

My Mood/Status:
Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Dianasaves$$ has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow Judi...I am really impressed! you did great. I bet your feeling a little good right about now...LOL
and two
Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 PM

blargh

My Mood/Status:
carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30good View Post
Way to go. I am more amazed you got all that on the bus!
Believe it or not it was all in those three re-usable bags I have except they put the Bounty in a plastic bag. I've become quite adept at hauling to and juggling on the bus. I did have one of my son's meet me at the bus stop though to lug them up to my apartment.

I am SO gonna miss them taking competitor coupons when the promotion ends. Using that $10/$50 from Albertson's (thanks to dancinkeyz ) was nice overage. But I would have still been thrilled paying $10 for all of that.

I am still shaking and in shock. It felt so wrong when I walked out.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlsonfour For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 09:28 PM

is ready for baseball season!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!owens2kf has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Fantastic job! I'm in awe!

The Following User Says Thank You to owens2kf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cindyloo has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
WOW! All of this WITHOUT a plan! Awesome!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cindyloo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
AllisonLiven has posted more than 150 good deals!AllisonLiven has posted more than 150 good deals!
Awesome! You need to come shopping with me...the most I've ever saved is 83%...Not good enough!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:26 AM

blargh

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLiven View Post
Awesome! You need to come shopping with me...the most I've ever saved is 83%...Not good enough!
Oh come on. 83% is nothing to sneer at. I'm usually between 80-90% on most trips. This was a first at Fry's other than just running in to pick up a couple things to use up expiring coupons when I pay a dollar or two after Q's.

And the funny thing is that when I got home, I found one of my powerade Q's that slipped out of my 'pay' slot in my folder. So I would have gone negative with that. I probably would have had a heart attack!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 AM

... is planting her garden!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dancinkeyz has posted more than 400 great deals!dancinkeyz has posted more than 400 great deals!dancinkeyz has posted more than 400 great deals!dancinkeyz has posted more than 400 great deals!dancinkeyz has posted more than 400 great deals!
Great trip! And on a whim ... AWESOME!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dancinkeyz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Booking Newborn Photo shoots!

My Mood/Status:
QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Amazing trip!
The Following User Says Thank You to QBMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 AM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
wow!! what a trip

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
The Following User Says Thank You to tootsie roll For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 10:43 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gmpaula has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
WOW! great job

The Following User Says Thank You to gmpaula For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 10:51 PM

Lost in a maze of moving boxes

My Mood/Status:
tazzini has posted more than 100 good deals!tazzini has posted more than 100 good deals!
you're my HERO
The Following User Says Thank You to tazzini For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 AM

is happy.
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angelger28 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well that's one receipt you need to frame!
Amazing job, must feel wonderful! You're probably going to be thinking about that trip for awhile!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't even imagine it - I'm still thrilled with 50-75% off!!

Good for you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to julieleaps For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 02:34 AM

Very Happy I got my mousie smilie back!

My Mood/Status:
CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponMouse has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Amazing job!
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponMouse For This Useful Post: