First Time Kmart Coupon Shopper.

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Crystal_C has posted more than 100 good deals!Crystal_C has posted more than 100 good deals!
First time kmart coupon shopper.

So I haven't been to Kmart in about 7 years o_O ( makes me feel old )
But I wanted to start with P&G. I have 7 $1/1 Covergirl qs and 2 $2.50/1. I think I saw that I have to reach $25 to get qs to double and only up to 10 double. With 6 eye shadows bogo 1/2 off and 2outlast bogo 1/2 off it should be $27.22. After qs $10.22 but if I add $3 in kool aid ill have $30.22 & after $13.22 then receive $10 P&G and $2 kool aid. Is this correct? If so could I roll the $10 to another transaction to get sparkle paper towels?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crystal_C For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 PM

RE: First time kmart coupon shopper.

ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Couple notes.

The covergirl q is 4 per transaction so they may not let you use 6 unless you have different printings.

Also to get the $10 p and g back you need to have $30 worth before the bogo fifty percent off, so depending on the prices at your store you may not be there.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM

muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Um no, that will not work

you need 30 of P&G products, adding in koolaid wont help you at all.

ladygodiva02 is right about the cover girl q's also, the terms on them expressly forbid more than 4 per household per day!

Last edited by muffythebear; 10-01-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM

muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
outlast lipstick ( you can use the coupon on the nice outlast brand ones to get to 30)
8.49 x 2 = 16.98

4 eyeshadows
3.29 x 4 = 13.16

16.98 + 13.16= 30.14
These 2 lipsticks and 4 eyeshadows at these price points will get you there and you wont be using the coupons fraudulently

discounts
-5 ( 2.50 x 2 coupons)
-8 ( 4- 1/1 coupons for the eyeshadow)
-4.24 BOGO automatic discount for the lipstick
-3.29 bogo for the 4 eyeshadows
= -20.53

30.14- 20.53 = 9.61 $ OUT OF POCKET cost and you get back the 10 CRT to use next week

you have 6 doubles spot open to double other coupons .

HTH!
The Following User Says Thank You to muffythebear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 AM

Crystal_C has posted more than 100 good deals!Crystal_C has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thank you so much! Yea it did slip my mind having to get the last few dollars in P&G also. But that transactions looks about the same prices as my area. I hope store has the eye shadows

Yes I had 3 different $1/1 for Covergirl and 4 from the current P&G.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crystal_C For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 02:20 AM

I should have included that first because some people would have jumped to the conclusion that I'm fraudulently using qs ;-)
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_C View Post
I should have included that first because some people would have jumped to the conclusion that I'm fraudulently using qs ;-)
No one here would care probably! But you wouldn't want to have any trouble at a store . Some kmarts could care less about wording on the coupon. But the stores in my area.... Are all very picky

Oh boy, there is one that would be mad as crap that some one used more than 4 per household per day. One store the cashier saw that more than 5 doubled on my receipt and told the store manager. The store manager was mad at me and he called corporate " on me" because I had some how scammed his store registers to double more than 5. They told him apparently it is a glitch.

Yeah , some kmarts are great and some are jerks of epic proportions!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
locate has posted more than 1 good deal
Kmart trouble

The Kmart near me always gives me trouble. I stopped shopping there with coupon deals.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locate View Post
The Kmart near me always gives me trouble. I stopped shopping there with coupon deals.
I am sorry your Kmart gave you trouble. They are not all bad. Hopefully op's Kmart will be a good one!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffythebear

No one here would care probably! But you wouldn't want to have any trouble at a store . Some kmarts could care less about wording on the coupon. But the stores in my area.... Are all very picky

Oh boy, there is one that would be mad as crap that some one used more than 4 per household per day. One store the cashier saw that more than 5 doubled on my receipt and told the store manager. The store manager was mad at me and he called corporate " on me" because I had some how scammed his store registers to double more than 5. They told him apparently it is a glitch.

Lol I can't believe the manager called corporate because he believed you scammed his register. That was over board.
But I'm trying to learn as much as I could. It's more difficult than cvs and it's further away so I don't want to waste a trip & end up with nothing
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 AM

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffythebear View Post

I don't think it's a glitch. I think they are allowing 10 coupons to double now. I went to Kmart and Super Kmart on Sunday and Monday and both doubled 10 coupons. I had an issue with not doing my transaction right and the cashier called her manager for help on how to refund and do over. The manager told her make sure that all 5 coupons doubled and I told her it's actually 10 that will double and sure enough 10 doubled without assistance from the cashier. So I don't think the cashiers know. They just have to make sure that if the Q is keyed for 2 products to pick the right 2.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_C View Post
Lol I can't believe the manager called corporate because he believed you scammed his register. That was over board.
But I'm trying to learn as much as I could. It's more difficult than cvs and it's further away so I don't want to waste a trip & end up with nothing
oh and before the 10 started doubling, he was mad I was able to do more than one transaction... and HE HAD THE CASHIERS make A GIFT RECIEPT of ALL my transactions so HE COULD PERSONALLY REVIEW THEM and make sure I wasnt using the coupons fraudulently. He is a real tool. I had no problem letting him review all my transactions as I am very picky about following the details on them.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:25 AM

my3littleextras,

I dont think it is a glitch either. they did a 2 week test run in parts of the country....in august..... and then after that it went national. No way did the registers "accidentally" start doubling 10 and they cant figure out how to put it back to 5 for 3 weeks now?? yeah, it isnt a glitch , but he said that is what corporate told him. This one manager is just a nasty little turd.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 AM

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!my3littlextras has posted more than 400 great deals!
muffythebear

LOL!! Boy I would have had a ball!! If my DD was with me I would have told her, "Now honey what did I tell you about playing with my magic coupon wand in Kmart?!! Only at Target and Farm Fresh sweetie!!"

Or I would have gotten on my cell phone and called my husband and said, "Honey I think my nose is broke cause it only double 10 coupons this time!!"

LOL!! I kid, I kid!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my3littlextras For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM

I was mad!

It makes me mad that when I go there, the manager and cashier assume I am going to use a coupon incorrectly and "commit coupon fraud" and when they review my transactions and see I have not used them incorrectly, they then assume I am somehow magically scamming them by tricking their registers into giving me extra discounts!

Now when I go there I am shopping out of spite. I make sure all terms are followed and I make sure my OOP is very low and the rest is paid with points or gift cards. I wouldnt want them to think that I "pay" for anything there at this point.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM

OP, I should add that there are good stores in my area too. Even the good stores read each of my coupons and all the terms on them to make sure it is being used correctly, but only the one store is bad. The others are mostly very nice about coupons.

The problem seems to have started with a company in Phoenix that printed a LOT of fraudulent coupons. Some one in my area took THOUSANDS of dollars of these fake coupons to all the stores and the coupons scanned and the stores were all out on a lot of money. They had all sorts of trouble with this person who came in with stacks of these fake coupons getting stuff for free. Literally the coupons were for stuff totally free.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I was mad!

It makes me mad that when I go there, the manager and cashier assume I am going to use a coupon incorrectly and "commit coupon fraud" and when they review my transactions and see I have not used them incorrectly, they then assume I am somehow magically scamming them by tricking their registers into giving me extra discounts!

Now when I go there I am shopping out of spite. I make sure all terms are followed and I make sure my OOP is very low and the rest is paid with points or gift cards. I wouldnt want them to think that I "pay" for anything there at this point.

LOL!! Sorry to laugh but it just makes me crack up to see how silly they can get. Now if I came in there with 100 coupons for $5 off a product that never has been more than a $1 item then I would understand them wanting to throw up a red flag and try to be wary and make sure the rules are being followed to the T! Or something to that effect. The girls at this Kmart don't know me cause they're all new and I haven't been going as much as I used to but they didn't give me any problems. One lady was amazed at how I got from over $50 down to around $23 and all of it was paid w/ a giftcard. I could have gotten it lower but I was buying stuff for the House Party thingy and it needed to be Halloween candy or stuff so I didn't really care. And still got to stretch it into a P&G deal cause we are going to play a game where u wrap up like a mummy with TP & another we are going to stuff the scarecrow w/Puffs tissue!! LOL!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my3littlextras For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM

yeah, it is crazy. We spend a LOT of money OOP at kmart... but just a different one now.
last week alone we spent over 400$ OOP at the store that doesnt treat us like we are a criminal.
DH bought bedding, toys, automotive stuff, pinatas , birthday supplies ect... and was happy to do so, because they treat us like we are valued customers and they have our business.

The crappy store though, I now only go there .... if they have stock on a good deal and the other stores are sold out. and I make very sure that I use coupons to pay for nearly every penny. I went there last for the glade deal ( but they were out of stock too) . that was when they informed me that they had called corporate on me because I was some how getting the register to double 10.
The Following User Says Thank You to muffythebear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
Caeridwen has posted more than 100 good deals!Caeridwen has posted more than 100 good deals!
It must have been evil magic you were doing!
That doubling must be wrong! LOL
Maybe you should call corporate 'on him' and complain that
After you spend hundreds of dollars at KMart you are getting harassed
When you want to shop there.
Don't mean to inflame you though!
Love Kmart but I'm in Ohio and everybody there is really nice
even with my evil stack of Qs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YOU SAVED HOW MUCH?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM

Planning and plotting!

hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
It's become a big deal to me recently (especially since starting shopping with Kmart) to use coupons exactly as stated. Not so much because I always agree with how logical the terms may be (4 per household per day?!), but because I don't want to give Kmart ANY reason to become less coupon friendly.

If cashiers or managers are getting in trouble with corporate when their receipts and registers are showing that more than 4 were used in a transaction - that means that Kmart isn't going to get reimbursed for the ones used after that 4th coupon - and Kmart will lose money - and then Kmart will crack down on their already clueless managers, so that all the managers are hearing is "coupons lose us money" and then they're projecting that on us.

So, yeah - haha. It's best all around to make sure we're doing our best to go by the coupon's terms, so we know we aren't in fact losing Kmart any money - and they have no reason but to love us

Last edited by hdtracy; 10-02-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 AM

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
Crystal_C

If you at least 4 of each different make-up and if you have the $.75 off Puffs Q you can get to $30 on P&G. I think there is a $2.50 Outlast Q that is still good and there are several $1 Covergirl Q's and a $3/2 Covergirl Q that can be used on anything Covergirl. Check out the Wetslicks, eyeliner, Outlast topcoat. There was also a $3 off disposable gillette razors and you can use them on daisy (check the expiration date though) Just some suggestions. Also make sure you get your freebie item for spending $25. And double check to see if your store is a no ad store cause you will have to bring ad coupons & or proof of deals with you cause the store doesn't carry them. I have 2 stores w/i 20 miles of each other and the SKmart doesn't carry the ad so they told me to bring ad from other store and they will honor it. The other store didn't have the ad with weekly coupon deals so I will have to look for them online. Uggghhhh!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to my3littlextras For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 AM

Planning and plotting!

hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!hdtracy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
oh and before the 10 started doubling, he was mad I was able to do more than one transaction... and HE HAD THE CASHIERS make A GIFT RECIEPT of ALL my transactions so HE COULD PERSONALLY REVIEW THEM and make sure I wasnt using the coupons fraudulently. He is a real tool. I had no problem letting him review all my transactions as I am very picky about following the details on them.
I'd definitely call up CS on that guy... coupons or not, it's none of his business what you're buying. I'd feel like that was a total invasion of privacy if it were me.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtracy View Post
If cashiers or managers are getting in trouble with corporate when their receipts and registers are showing that more than 4 were used in a transaction - that means that Kmart isn't going to get reimbursed for the ones used after that 4th coupon - and Kmart will lose money
Proctor and gamble and this Kmart were not in trouble over the wording with 4 per day.
The problem was NOT the one off of one cover girl coupons. The problem was there was a lady who is using coupons that were totally fradulent and not from Proctor and Gamble

That store was never audited for use of more than four coupons per transaction.

They were not reimbursed for coupons that Proctor and Gamble and other companies never made and were sold fraudulently on eBay and other websites The manager is simply using the wording on coupons to try to harass customers so they don't want to shop there because he and his supervisors do not like coupons.
If you look through my posts from the past few months you can read about the trouble that store has given me.
a couple months ago they refused to take my coupon because I was not paying enough out of pocket. the coupons were valid and they said i was "saving too much money and i needed to pay more." They said I should not be able to use coupons to reduce my out of pocket even if they would scan fine and They were valid. I called corporate on that.
It was discrimination . You don't size a person up based on how they Are dressed or what they wear and decide what they should be paying.
This is an ongoing beef.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM

Planning and plotting!

Quote:
Proctor and gamble and this Kmart were not in trouble over the wording with 4 per day.
The problem was NOT the one off of one cover girl coupons. The problem was there was a lady who is using coupons that were totally fradulent and not from Proctor and Gamble

That store was never audited for use of more than four coupons per transaction.

They were not reimbursed for coupons that Proctor and Gamble and other companies never made and were sold fraudulently on eBay and other websites The manager is simply using the wording on coupons to try to harass customers so they don't want to shop there because he and his supervisors do not like coupons.
If you look through my posts from the past few months you can read about the trouble that store has given me.
a couple months ago they refused to take my coupon because I was not paying enough out of pocket. the coupons were valid and they said i was "saving too much money and i needed to pay more." They said I should not be able to use coupons to reduce my out of pocket even if they would scan fine and They were valid. I called corporate on that.
It was discrimination . You don't size a person up based on how they Are dressed or what they wear and decide what they should be paying.
This is an ongoing beef.
Oh, no I totally understand - what you were talking about was a completely different incident. I was just making a general statement about coupon limits

I have read some of your older posts and it's truly awful the way some Kmart employees have treated you. The idea that they think it's "wrong" that you're saving so much money is crazy. It's worse that they try to get in the way of that.
The Following User Says Thank You to hdtracy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
nothing2seehere has posted more than 150 good deals!nothing2seehere has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:

That is one of the funniest coupon stories I have heard.... I'm sorry you have to deal with so many jerks like that. It's sad that a manager would think that is even possible. Shows he knows way too little about how the registers and coupons even work.