What Am I Doing Wrong? Update Post 6

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 05:14 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

mommy2f!ve has posted more than 75 good deals!
What am I doing wrong? Update post 6

Went to Kmart tonight and tried making a purchase. Here was the scenario

1 pkg cookies - $6.49
1 pkg diapers - $8.29
2 sodas - $3.07

I used a $5 kmart store cat, $2q on diapers and was going to use a $2 from glade and $3 cat from cottonelle. The $2 and $3 cat both beeped and I was told I can't use them in conjunction with any other coupons period. I had enough items for them to attach to, so that wasn't the issue. We even tried it without the $5 kmart store cat and it wouldn't let me use the smaller cats with a mq. Can anyone help?

Last edited by mommy2f!ve; 09-29-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 05:25 PM

RE: What am I doing wrong? Update post 6

is surfing AFC for the latest deals

My Mood/Status:
railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
For some reason the CATs tend to do this at the register. If they scan the smaller bar code, they will usually go through. The excuse they gave you was incorrect. If anything, they could've just manually entered them as coupons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2012, 05:27 PM

paying off debt and organizing the home

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yup, just have them scan the short bar code on the cats....it will then work!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:32 PM

They tried that and it prompted for an amount then said that it had to match previous order and they wouldn't over ride it.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've had cashiers do that too (usually newer ones), but I kindly ask for someone in charge to come over and they fix it, which is usually just to scan the short bar code only.....I have started folding the cats so that just the short bar code shows.....some still unfold it, but I nicely say that I know that it is the short bar code that needs to be scanned to work and that is why I folded it.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:39 PM

So I talked to my friend who is a front end manager and she told me that the cashier and CS person was wrong. I was informed to call the manager on duty to let them know how I was treated. The manager told me she was sorry and was pretty sure without seeing the cats I was able to use them and was treated wrong. She knew without me mentioning names the 2 associates in question. She is forwarding it to the store manager and told me I could come in tomorrow and be taken care of. Of course my friend is working so I will be going back in and redoing my purchase.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mommy2f!ve For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2f!ve View Post
So I talked to my friend who is a front end manager and she told me that the cashier and CS person was wrong. I was informed to call the manager on duty to let them know how I was treated. The manager told me she was sorry and was pretty sure without seeing the cats I was able to use them and was treated wrong. She knew without me mentioning names the 2 associates in question. She is forwarding it to the store manager and told me I could come in tomorrow and be taken care of. Of course my friend is working so I will be going back in and redoing my purchase.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:02 PM

CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CRStrom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I feel like I have posted this cat advice/instruction about twenty times in the past 3 days. When it asks for the amount, the long bar code has been scanned. They need to only scan the short bar code and it will work just fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CRStrom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM

Shopping Til I'm Dropping!

My Mood/Status:
thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
And to further solve this issue....have them fold between the 2 bar codes so that the scan gun does not scan the larger bar code, or hold your hand over the larger bar code, easy! I always give the line, "Oh and these are always troublesome, if I remember correctly its the smaller bar code that scans correctly", the newer cashiers always seem to need a lil more help, so I know that helps....plus that helps to train them too for next time! =)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thriftyCAmom For This Useful Post: