What To Do If Store Only Doubles To $1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ikeranya has posted more than 200 great deals!ikeranya has posted more than 200 great deals!ikeranya has posted more than 200 great deals!
Help Sign What to do if store only doubles to $1?

I'm sorry if this info has been posted before. I was told in my Kmart today that they only double up to $1 making it a $2 discount. The store is on the list that was published here. But I can't find any official announcement that I could take to the store that states that they supposed to double up to $2.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikeranya For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:00 PM

RE: What to do if store only doubles to $1?

Loves her Friends! :)

My Mood/Status:
morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here is a copy of the email I got from Kmart. It says the information for doubles. Right in there it has doubling up to $2 coupons. HTH

Thank you for contacting Kmart regarding the Double Coupon Event. We
appreciate your interest in this promotion.

Kmart will be offering Double Coupon Events from 04/04/10 - 04/10/10.
Below is a list of stores in Illinois that are NOT participating:

1150 WEST CARL SANDBURG GALESBURG IL Unit # 3620
5000 AVENUE OF THE CITIES MOLINE IL Unit # 4297
3840 46TH AVE ROCK ISLAND IL Unit # 3287
2901 E LINCOLNWAY UNIT E STERLING IL Unit # 3105

Please know that all other stores in Illinois are participating.

Below are details regarding the Event:

Manufacturer Coupons up to and including $2 Value
Does not include Kmart Store Coupons
Does not include Kmart Pharmacy Store Coupons
Limit 5 total coupons per customer per day.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your business
and value you as a Sears Holdings customer. We certainly hope you will
continue to make Sears Holdings your choice for quality and value.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth A.,
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation

~Central Area Kroger Shopper~
The Following User Says Thank You to morefree4me For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
ikeranya has posted more than 200 great deals!ikeranya has posted more than 200 great deals!ikeranya has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thank you, Heather. I emailed corp, hoping for an email addressed to me with specific reference to my store and I'll try again tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikeranya For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!AdamsMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
ikeranya.. did you try a $2 coupon and it didn't double? If I were you, I would try the coupon before even taking their word for what they are doubling. The computer does it automatically for the first 5 coupons once your card is scanned. The cashiers at my store had no idea they were doubling even though there were signs RIGHT AT THE REGISTERS!! sometimes they are a little clueless... but the computer should know whats up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you accept a raok/pif from me, please PM me with the item you are taking as the subject and your address in the message (even if we've traded before)..it'll make things much quicker moving! Thanks!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdamsMom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 04:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!morefree4me has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamsMom View Post
ikeranya.. did you try a $2 coupon and it didn't double? If I were you, I would try the coupon before even taking their word for what they are doubling. The computer does it automatically for the first 5 coupons once your card is scanned. The cashiers at my store had no idea they were doubling even though there were signs RIGHT AT THE REGISTERS!! sometimes they are a little clueless... but the computer should know whats up!
Exactly! My store didn't even know how many coupons would double so they rang someone in front of me up with a TON of stuff and then when the coupons stopped doubling the lady (cust) said she didn't know there was a limit and either did the cashier....

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks, AdamsMom! I decided to do just that. I walked in, picked up my Gillette BWs and went to check out. On the cashier's counter (different than last night) there was a HUGE sign that they double up to $2. So I went ahead and had one of the bottles scanned, gave my card, gave my q and surprise, surprise all I owed was 7c tax. The cashier actually asked me if I gave her a $4 q. I told her no, I gave her a $2 q that doubled. She had no problem ringing up the rest of my stuff in a separate transaction. Lesson learned! Don't ask! You may know more than the store associates. Thanks wonderful AFC community!

Last edited by ikeranya; 04-07-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeranya View Post
Thanks, AdamsMom! I decided to do just that. I walked in, picked up my Gillette BWs and went to check out. On the cashier's counter (different than last night) there was a HUGE sign that they double up to $2. So I went ahead and had one of the bottles scanned, gave my card, gave my q and surprise, surprise all I owed was 7c tax. The cashier actually asked me if I gave her a $4 q. I told her no, I gave her a $2 q that doubled. She had no problem ringing up the rest of my stuff in a separate transaction. Lesson learned! Don't ask! You may know more than the store associates. Thanks wonderful AFC community!
That's great! I'm glad it worked for you!