Suprise Points Question

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2014, 10:42 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Suprise points question

Can surprise points be used at Sears.com?

I want to order a lamp that both Sears and Kmart carry and I just received an email for Surprise points at Kmart. I plan on paying for the lamp via a rewards app earned gift card and can redeem for either Sears or Kmart. But, we dont really have any Kmarts open locally anymore so it would be much easier to use the remainder of the GC at Sears.

Alternatively, does anyone know if a Sears GC could be used at Kmart? That would also work for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-22-2014, 05:48 PM

RE: Suprise points question

Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
The surprise points should say whether they are restricted to one store. Without seeing what the points actually say when you log into syw, I don't know how else to answer that. The gift card should be usable at sears - see here: https://www.sears.com/community/ques...-retail-store/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 08:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks Jakejake. The email says K mart only ( well, it doesn't say ONLY, just that it doesn't list sears as well). I don't think I've ever noticed one that listed both or only sears so I was just kinda hoping that it would likely be good for both.

That's good to know I could use a kmart gc at Sears. Makes it a much easier decision. Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sywr points can be used at either Sears or Kmart as long as your signed in

The Following User Says Thank You to dsaenz6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 05:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaenz6
Sywr points can be used at either Sears or Kmart as long as your signed in
I know that's true for earned points. Do you believe that is also true for surprise points?

Old 11-23-2014, 07:58 AM

Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Have you tried signing into your shopyourway account, and looking at the surprise point description there (as opposed to what the email says)? That's where I've found details in the past. Unfortunately I have no surprise points right now, so I can't check where to find the description.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 08:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakejake
Have you tried signing into your shopyourway account, and looking at the surprise point description there (as opposed to what the email says)? That's where I've found details in the past. Unfortunately I have no surprise points right now, so I can't check where to find the description.
That's an excellent suggestion. I will do that later.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ok, so this afternoon I got an email stating I had $20 in surprise points. So I just logged on to my account and saw that the $20 is good at either, the $7 at Kmart.

Looking through the T&C I saw "Limit 1 offer per trxn". I am guessing that means that the surprise points are not stackable and that I cant get $27 off a single item. Every so often I interpret things to be more difficult than they are so I wanted to make sure that means what I think it means.

This is the lamp I am looking at: Sears.com In case someone know of a better upcoming deal. I dont follow Kmart anymore since our stores all closed. This will be an Xmas gift for a good friend.

Thank you for all the help so far.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:05 AM

mosafam has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Ok, so this afternoon I got an email stating I had $20 in surprise points. So I just logged on to my account and saw that the $20 is good at either, the $7 at Kmart.

Looking through the T&C I saw "Limit 1 offer per trxn". I am guessing that means that the surprise points are not stackable and that I cant get $27 off a single item. Every so often I interpret things to be more difficult than they are so I wanted to make sure that means what I think it means.

This is the lamp I am looking at: Sears.com In case someone know of a better upcoming deal. I dont follow Kmart anymore since our stores all closed. This will be an Xmas gift for a good friend.

Thank you for all the help so far.

yes your right the suprise points are not stackable.
and for your lamp you can buy it on kmart.com and have it shipped if your order is more than $59 shipping is free. if its under that and your a max member and your item is $10 or more it will ship for free.
also you can log into kmart add the item see if this shipping deal works for you or not and go to check out and just see if your suprise points show up
and if your ordering from sears you can check on the check out menu if your points show up if the suprise points are not showing up it means it was for kmart only then. any other questions?
The Following User Says Thank You to mosafam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 09:12 PM

Eat,Love,Coupon.

My Mood/Status:
sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Kmart.com is totally crazy. Sometimes, at midweek they would have extra 30% off on Toys and select electronic, but at 10:00 CT everything goes back to RR. If u check next day afternoon, it is extra 30% off again.

A first time SAHM to my dearest Faith Aurora
A devoting wife
to a wonderful Coastie
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowercafe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2014, 06:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowercafe
Kmart.com is totally crazy. Sometimes, at midweek they would have extra 30% off on Toys and select electronic, but at 10:00 CT everything goes back to RR. If u check next day afternoon, it is extra 30% off again.
So of I see a dip in price, jump on it?! I should have the Sears gc by Wednesday afternoon. Both sears and Kmart say that each gc works at the other and the bigger surprise points are void at either.

I guess the one remaining question I have is do surprise points have a nasty habit of going poof before they should, do you ever find they have just disappeared when still valid? That will happen sometimes with cvs crts so I am a little paranoid.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:29 AM

mosafam has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
So of I see a dip in price, jump on it?! I should have the Sears gc by Wednesday afternoon. Both sears and Kmart say that each gc works at the other and the bigger surprise points are void at either.

I guess the one remaining question I have is do surprise points have a nasty habit of going poof before they should, do you ever find they have just disappeared when still valid? That will happen sometimes with cvs crts so I am a little paranoid.
yes sometimes it does disappear . mostly like 2 hours before they expire but sometimes they still do show up at checkout. so just use it a day before it expires and dont keep emptying your cart and adding something else and stuff i didd that before n my suprise points were not showing up at checkout once.
also yes sometimes the prices are one thing and the next day its something else. its usually when its sunday and a new ad comes out so the prices change or unless its noted under the price if the price changes higher call customer service tell them what price you saw yesturday and place the order thru the phone since they can change that price and have them use your suprise points and all
Old 11-28-2014, 05:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
THank you everyone that helped.

i ordered the lamp today. It was on sale for about $30 off, plus I had the suprise points, plus 10% back through eBates today for BF. After the reward app gift cards I paid $5.74 and I expect to get back either $12 or $14...I am not sure if ebates "sees" the surprise points. I am very happy and I hope my friend likes it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2014, 07:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I came here wondering about surprise pts.I want to get my daughter a drum set ,I was going to use the "earn $10 in points on a $50 purchase" and also use my earned points and the $7 in surprise points.I go through checkout online and it even says I will earn $20 in pts after checkout and it also says I will only pay $66 after points.when I go to use my points and the surprise pts it says I am elagible to use $13 in pts (thats mine and surpise combined)....but when I redeem it only goes down my pts and not including the surprise pts.so from reading this I am gathering that I can't use the kmart coupon of earning $10 for next purchase with the surprise points ? I will have to go back to checkout and see if thats what my problem is.thank you op for your question ,it also might have help me : )
Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!realsweety has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
well I went back and took off the kmart coupon off and thats exactly what was wrong,the $7 in surprise pts couldn't be used with the earn $10 in pts on a $50 purchase.now I have to decide on wether or not I would rather use surprise pts to make it $13 cheaper or just use only my measly $6 pts earned and earn a total of $20 back in pts .thank you for the help : )