Kmart FAQ

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 05:07 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Storeinfo Kmart FAQ

Here you will find a list of Kmart FAQ regarding policy, sales, and how information is given here on AFC.

Due to the many special prices Kmart runs on different cycles, I'd like to be more user friendly in how those prices appear when I list them. Please see below.

Price Drop: These items have blue tag prices which typically run during a month long sale cycle. Each tag has an expiration date. These prices were not universal until recently, so they will now be included in all pertinent scenarios. Price drop prices will be reflected in its corresponding bold blue.

Regular price: Any item that does not have a special tag color such as blue, yellow, or red is regular price. These prices will be reflected in bold black. Sometimes it is better to hold onto a high value coupon and get the item at full price during a doubles cycle than it is to grab it any other time; due to this, regular price items will often appear in scenarios.

Sale price: These items are included in your weekly sale flyer and will appear as a red tag in the store. They will also show an expiration date and are nationwide. Often sales offer special bogo pricing. These prices will be reflected in its corresponding bold red.

Clearance: These items are given a yellow tag in store. Clearance items are not nationally available like sale, regular, and price drop items are. Clearance items are specific to its individual store and as a result are a YMMV. Items can be placed on clearance for any number of reasons and are unadvertised in sale flyers. These prices will be reflected in its corresponding bold yellow.

Here is an example:
Price drop - Tide Pods $5.89
Regular price - Tide Pods $6.49
Sale price - Tide pods $5.00
Clearance - Tide pods $2.00

Double Coupon Events

Kmart no longer offers double coupons during your regular shopping. Kmart now offers special double coupon events, where customers will be able to double a total of 5 coupons per day. Maximum values and purchase minimums apply. You must be a shop your way rewards member to double coupons during these Kmart promotions.

As it stands right now, Kmart is currently offering the following during doubles events.

Quote:
  • Will double a maximum of 5 coupons, per SYW account, per day.
  • A minimum purchase requirement of $25 applies. (This is before coupons!)
  • A coupon of $2.00 is the maximum value that will be doubled. This means after doubles, your $2 coupon now equals $4!
  • You can stack a kmart coupon with a MF coupon during doubles, but the kmart coupon will auto deduct from the overall price of the item in the system- thus reducing your overall purchase. This may cause you to fall under your purchase requirement. You will need to plan accordingly.
  • During a B1G1 50% sale, your 50% off item coupon will often double at full value for overage.

Kmart Coupon Policies

Kmart does not have a corporate policy. They have provided a generic policy to each store as a suggested guideline to follow. Most stores follow this policy; however, it is up to each store manager to make their own policy. As a result changes to the generic policy may be made on the spot.

Quote:
KMART IN STORE COUPON POLICY
This policy is effective as of February 11, 2014 and applies only to coupons accepted in store. We may change the terms of this policy at any time without notice.

MANUFACTURER COUPONS
• All coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase
• We uphold all purchase stipulation requirements set forth by the manufacturer.
• Coupons must state “Manufacturer Coupon,” contain a scanable barcode, valid ‘remit to’ address, and have a valid expiration date.
• Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.). There is a limit of one coupon per item.
• Buy One Get One Free Coupons (“BOGO”) cannot be combined (i.e., you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free).
• Coupons and their face value cannot be exchanged for cash, money orders, postage or prepaid/loadable cards including but not limited to gift cards and cell phone minutes.
• Coupons cannot be used to pay sales tax. Sales tax will be calculated at the register based on the type of coupon presented, in accordance with state law.
• Kmart may, from time-to-time, offer Double Manufacturer Coupon promotions. The terms and conditions of any Double Manufacturer Coupon promotion shall be published in Kmart advertising and available in participating Kmart stores. Please contact store for more information.
• All add on fees (examples: bottle deposits and battery core charges) on purchased and free items (including coupon items) are paid for by the customer.
• No purchase required coupons, free coupons, and coupon discounts over $9.00 are subject to approval by the manager or lead supervisor on duty.
• Coupons void where prohibited. We do not accept expired coupons, counterfeit coupons, coupons from other retailers or coupons for products or services not carried in our stores.
• Kmart may not accept digital reproductions or photographs of coupons or coupons distributed through channels not approved by Kmart (examples: websites, smartphone applications, etc.).
• Management reserves the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon at its discretion.

KMART STORE COUPONS (Including Shop Your Way coupons)
• We uphold any purchase stipulation requirements set forth on the coupon.
• Select Shop Your Way member coupons have the option of loading the coupon to the member’s account or printing the coupon to redeem in-store when making an applicable purchase.
• Kmart gladly accepts Kmart print-at-home coupons as long as they are legible, provide a scanable, valid barcode, and are not altered in anyway.
• Print-at-home coupons must scan at the registers. Kmart associates will not override the registers to award any print-at-home coupon.
• In the event of a return, coupon value is pro-rated across all qualifying items and will be deducted from any refund.
• If a customer presents a paper coupon and also has a digital coupon clipped and/or loaded to their Shop Your Way account for the same item in the same transaction, the paper coupon value and requirements shall take precedence over the digital coupon in that transaction.
• If there are multiple digital Kmart coupons that have been clipped and/or loaded to a member’s Shop Your Way account that are redeemable in the transaction, the coupon offer that provides the best value, discount or savings for the purchased items will take precedence and apply in the transaction.

Shop Your Way Rewards (SYWR)

This system allows you to earn points on every purchase at Kmart and Sears stores. It is free to sign up, and offers access to special bonus point coupons, and digital coupons. Shop your way also provides special privileges when ordering from Sears Corporation online. Shop Your Way is the best part about couponing at Kmart and the special points deals are often built into and necessary for a scenario. Right now, new members get a $10 point bonus. You can spend points as cash on anything in the store. Kmart regularly offers special promotions where they will give you $5 in points for spending $50 (on anything in the store!). This is a great program which basically gives you free money for shopping!

Quote:
  • You can not use points to pay for sales tax.
  • You must pay for part of a transaction with cash to earn points.
  • Special promotion points built into sale pricing where "x" item offers "x" points back with purchase expire between 30 and 90 days after purchase.
  • Regular SYW points do not expire for a year.

Additional Promotions

Many products often offer special sale promotions as rewards for purchasing their product. These promotions will run for specific times and will offer you "x" back on your next order (ONYO) for purchasing "x" items. These coupons are printed as CRT's (cash register tape- provided with your receipt), or as CAT's (catalinas- which print as a long skinny coupon from a separate machine at check out) so be sure you get every one of your receipts.

Additionally, SYW offers special promotions too, giving you "x" back in points for purchasing "x" items. Some of these offers are built into the system, so they will automatically trigger when you make a purchase. Other times, these offers are printed as CRT's with your receipt. Be sure to select 'print' receipt at check out and to look at them all closely!

These special promotions combined with sale pricing and good coupons create the ultimate deal on the item. Some of these promotions may be unadvertised, and only discovered after a purchase. We keep a current list of ONYO and SYW points promotions here.

We discuss scenarios in preparation for a trip here. This is where you will find those wonderful lists of member compiled scenarios for doubles events.

We post our hauls here, and we LOVE to see what you got!

We discuss those rare and coveted clearance finds here.

All other discussion and questions go in the general kmart section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2014, 01:16 PM

RE: Kmart FAQ

My Mood/Status:
shauna0616 has posted more than 200 great deals!shauna0616 has posted more than 200 great deals!shauna0616 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I know the crt's say they are valid for the member it was given to but I was wondering if the ones that have an actual barcode can be used with another sywr member.I went shopping for both my mom and I and I got the coupons mixed up.Now I cant tell which one went to which.Is there a way to tell or can you use them with any card? Thanks
Old 11-30-2014, 01:40 PM

RE: Kmart FAQ

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have heard mixed things. I have heard that they are assigned a unique code which ID's the SYWR account, and I have heard that they never trigger the specific account. I have also heard that the q will state the account IF it is specifically assigned. The only thing you can do it is give it a try and see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post: