Coupon Won't Double If It Is Over Half The Value Of The Items?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 01:57 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Coupon won't double if it is over half the value of the items?

I just went today and had the $1.50/2 of febreeze coupons spent $25.00 but the coupon would't double. So I ask the manager and she said it would be over half the value of the items so it wouldn't double.

Anyone else have this problem?

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DawnG; 09-29-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 03:46 PM

RE: Coupon won't double if it is over half the value of the items?

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
That makes no sense. The febreze is 2 for $5. The coupon is $1.50/2, it would double to $3.00/2 making it $2.00 oop for the febreze. Did the cashier hit the correct item on the screen to apply the double? Did you use a kmart coupon on the items that did not double or any item in your transaction?

The Following User Says Thank You to medic2midwife For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2014, 03:51 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
BTW: I'm still obsessing over this because its really beginning to bother me when managers make up random stuff to justify not following through on the offer Kmart has put into place.

Plenty of people are doubling coupons to over half the value of the item and/or total value of the item for a free and having no issues.

I'm really wondering if the cashier didn't hit the right item to apply the double, because on their screen a bunch of buttons pop up with the items listed and they have to select the correct one. I've had a cashier make a mistake before and hit the wrong item which negated my double. I watch them carefully now.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:43 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Probably that, or maybe only picking 1 item instead of 2 (though even that way it should still give you the extra $1).

For a minute there it sounded like they were Price Chopper
(Local joke - that chain in NY used to only double coupons up to 1/2 your order - so if your total was $20, the coupons would stop doubling after it was reduced to $10).
The Following User Says Thank You to BillyGr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jacnjill has posted more than 100 good deals!Jacnjill has posted more than 100 good deals!
There are some coupons that are 1/2 that won't double because it doesn't attach to two items. It's confusing. However there are some that some along that won't do it on the system. My Quaker 1/2 coupon would never double. They are making up whatever excuse sounds good. Truth is, it is their system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacnjill For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2014, 03:52 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
She did the buttons for the febreeze and each chashier had a print out with the rules of the couopns on it. I didn't personally see ot but the manager said it was on it.

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other
, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
The Following User Says Thank You to DawnG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 AM

Thinking mode

My Mood/Status:
Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've ran into this problem many times. And this is how I see it. If the coupon is 1.50/2 and the item is only $2.50 each (2/5) the coupon will only double to $2.50 and not $3 even if you have them attach both items.

I remember when they were doing $1 doubles. I had $1/2 Hershey mq that should have doubled to $2 making both items free. It did not double at all because the item was under $2 even though they attached both items on the q.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tana Thlang For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2014, 08:17 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
I've built a febreze into my scenario for today so I can see first hand what is going on.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:29 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tana Thlang View Post
I've ran into this problem many times. And this is how I see it. If the coupon is 1.50/2 and the item is only $2.50 each (2/5) the coupon will only double to $2.50 and not $3 even if you have them attach both items.

I remember when they were doing $1 doubles. I had $1/2 Hershey mq that should have doubled to $2 making both items free. It did not double at all because the item was under $2 even though they attached both items on the q.

It didn't double at all for me yesterday.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 AM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
I did it today and it works. The cashier has to select both febreze items for it to double. Mine doubled without incident.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:10 AM

kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!
Try to stick to your guns on this one, because you should ask them where it says that in the ad. The ad clearly states will double up to $2 coupon in value, so your point should be pretty clear already.

I did my Kmart trip on Sunday. I bought 3 6pks Olay Bar Soap. They were $5.49 each - $2 MQ that doubled to $4, more than half. I also bought two Loreal Advanced Haircare products @ $4.24 each, and used my $2 off coupon that doubled to $4.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalderete For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 AM

Thinking mode

My Mood/Status:
Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tana Thlang has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalderete
Try to stick to your guns on this one, because you should ask them where it says that in the ad. The ad clearly states will double up to $2 coupon in value, so your point should be pretty clear already. I did my Kmart trip on Sunday. I bought 3 6pks Olay Bar Soap. They were $5.49 each - $2 MQ that doubled to $4, more than half. I also bought two Loreal Advanced Haircare products @ $4.24 each, and used my $2 off coupon that doubled to $4.
I think we are just trying to establish why a coupon doesn't double when it's off two instead of one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tana Thlang For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2014, 11:54 AM

Eat,Love,Coupon.

My Mood/Status:
sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sunflowercafe has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
It is Kmart!!!!!!
All the IPs at both my Kmart here wouldn't scan, luckily, I had a cashier knows how to press some magical button and had a screen pop up, and then just manually select the item for coupons to apply. Not so much luck last time, I actually " broke" the scanner.

I quilt using the $/2 at doubling events, they have always give me problem.

A first time SAHM to my dearest Faith Aurora
A devoting wife
to a wonderful Coastie
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowercafe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 AM

tried to stay away...but the deals are too good!
Coupon Ninja

My Mood/Status:
daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!daised has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a headache too because my Ziploc coupon attached to my Glade items and the cashier refused to honor my glade coupons and was really really nasty about it too.

I love coupons!
The Following User Says Thank You to daised For This Useful Post: