Cleveland Store Closing.

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 10:08 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

poppy_786 has posted more than 25 good deals
Cleveland store closing.

Has anyone checked out what's marked down at the brookpark rd store that is closing? Just curious what is marked down and if it is worth the time going there. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to poppy_786 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2014, 08:51 PM

RE: Cleveland store closing.

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not that this has anything to do with your store. I'm interested to see how it goes for you.Wow haven't heard about a closing in a couple months. A while back when a lot of closures seemed to be going on at the same time it was reported that prices were being marked up to compensate to the percentage off. Also Some stores took coupons others did not.Some stores only took Man Coupons and not IPs some stores did overage into basket. So YMMV is the mantra of the day for K Mart closures. I did best during the last few days.They would take the IPs as long as they scanned including overage into my basket. But they did NOT take K mart coupons or have any in store flyers like reg open stores. Even at the end some of the prices were higher than drugstores without a card Good Luck have fun and check check check prices LOLOL.

Last edited by lyn96; 08-06-2014 at 08:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2014, 11:57 AM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
One suggestion is to look for "odd" items - those things you need or could use but aren't often on sale.

We've had several K-Mart stores closed here (3 recently and a couple further back) and I found things like tubes for a bike tire, a filter for the lawn mower, even a garage sale sign to replace one that was broken.

These items will sometimes hang around (using the filter as an example, since it fits some machines but not all, so only a limited amount of people would have use for it) and you may get them at a better discount.

And, if it's like the others recently, there should be a couple pallets of Prefer toilet tissue that will hand around until the end (or nearly so) - I thought it was just here, but saw pictures from a store in MI with the same stuff, so they must have bought a warehouse full of it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillyGr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 09:25 PM

poppy_786 has posted more than 25 good deals
Thanks! I planning on going Sunday. Hoping they haven't done the mark up thing...but probably did! I'll let you both know how it went :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to poppy_786 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 10:14 PM

muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
when they close the stores here they take the good stuff to the other stores. hope you find some deals!
Old 10-12-2014, 05:32 PM

Yakimchuk has posted more than 25 good deals
This store closed tonight. I used to shop there almost daily when they had doubles all the time. I'm really going to miss it.

I never even worried about it closing. It was a Super Kmart. It was clean and modern. Many of the employees were wonderful. It was open 24 hours and it always had customers.

It was the only Super Kmart around here. There are still a handful of Big Kmarts but they can't compare to this one.

I'm very sad that it closed. There was a Kmart in that area since I was a kid. And I'm old enough to remember Kresge's before that. I really hope they can turn things around.