KMART Shopping 101!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 12:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
KMART shopping 101!

Here is some of what you need to know about shopping at kmarts across the country! I'd like to thank HDtracy a previous forum manager from whom I edited much of the previous post she had taken the time to write up. Thanks HDTRACY!

Kmart does not have an official coupon policy. EACH store manager is allowed to make ANY rule they see fit over their store. Lots of times it’s a matter of trial and error.
When possible, always ask here or directly to your store manager. It’s unfortunate, but most store employees are truly unaware of how their coupon policies actually work. Often if they don't know how to use the registers they are put on. Training is scarce and frankly the system isn't super user friendly.

Always hand over your SYWR card (Shop Your Way Rewards) first.BEFORE scanning any items or any coupons, get that entered.

When checking out, scan any CRTs or kmart coupons you want to use before scanning any Kmart and manufacturer coupons.

you can check to make sure they are not going to be kicked out of the system by having the cashier hit total, then scan coupons. generally if your kmart coupon is getting kicked out a blue box will pop up after hitting the total button.

Always hand over any CATs you plan to use last so they attach to items not already discounted by manufacturer coupons.

You will earn points for each $1 you spend in Kmart. 1,000 points = $1. Stores will calculate this before manufacturer coupons, but after Kmart coupons. ( although this MAY be changing soon)

Kmart does not allow cash back overage or overage applied to other items in your cart UNLESS your manager says it is ok. If your coupon exceeds the retail value, the coupon should be adjusted down to the price of the item.

Kmart has two sale circulars - a monthly ad and a weekly ad.

Coupons with BOGO Sales/Coupons
Kmart registers allows for the use of " dollar off " coupons when an item is BOGO by store sale.
If an item is on sale for BOGO free and you have a coupon for BOGO free, you will get both items for free.
Some store managers do NOT allow this so check with your store beforehand.

What is a CRT?
CRT stands for ‘Cash Register Tape’ and it’s a coupon that prints at the end of your receipt. These are Kmart Store Coupons. For example it could be a dollar amount off a $50 or more purchase, or get 5,000 points when you purchase a certain item - things like that.

You can only use one Kmart Savings coupon CRT per transaction PERIOD. The coupon value is prorated to all items in a transaction also, so if you do a return, it will NOT be the same as what you were charged as they will deduct your "crt discount)

Sometimes when these print, they will have a prorated date, meaning they won’t be valid until the following week. It will vary from week to week whether these can be rolled.

What is a CAT?
CAT is short for Catalina. These are the coupons that print at the little printing machine by the registers, and are usually manufacturer coupons for ‘$3 off your next order’ or things along those lines.
As long as they state “Manufacturer Coupon” along the top, you can use more than 1 of these per transaction.
For each CAT you use, there needs to be something in the order for it to attach to that doesn’t already have a manufacturer coupon attached.

Store coupon CATs fall under the category of a 'transaction' coupon as opposed to an 'item' coupon and are one per transaction.

What is SYWR?
SYWR stands for Shop Your Way Rewards - Kmart’s customer loyalty program. You’ll need to enroll in this to get member prices and offers. you can tie it to your phone number so you do not need to remember the actual number.

It is free to enroll and can be done online (for an e-card or printable card)

If you register this card online, you will become a “bonus member” - meaning you’ll earn bonus points on promotional items. You will also be able to see your points balance and manage your account easier.

What is a 'VIP' Member?
There are different levels of membership in the SYWR program that each come with their own benefits. When you first sign up, you are a Bonus member.

When you hit a certain spending threshold, you will progress to Silver( 2500) , then Gold(5000), then Platinum (10,000)member status.

Suspended Account
If a box pops up on the screen after you've done a few transactions saying that your account is suspended - don't panic. You can still continue to use your SYWR card and earn points, but you won't be able to redeem these points as payment until your card has been un-suspended (all this takes is a phone call to SYWR CS). They will suspend an account if there are many back to back transactions because they want to make sure it isn't being misused by an employee throughout the day to earn points on customer's purchases. There is no set number of back to back transactions that will cause your account to be suspended - some have reported it after 3 or 4 back to back transactions in the same store.
The Following User Says Thank You to muffythebear For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 PM

RE: KMART shopping 101!

My Mood/Status:
rodeo momma has posted more than 1 good deal
does Kmart double or triple q's and if so up to what amount?
The Following User Says Thank You to rodeo momma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 01:21 PM

muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!muffythebear has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeo momma View Post
does Kmart double or triple q's and if so up to what amount?
As of Jan 11th nationwide they stopped the doubling program. Coupons are redeemed at face value as of Jan 12th
Old 01-15-2014, 01:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffythebear
As of Jan 11th nationwide they stopped the doubling program. Coupons are redeemed at face value as of Jan 12th

Looks like my kmart trips will be very rare ...

The Following User Says Thank You to dsaenz6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM

StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!StacieM99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffythebear View Post

When checking out, scan any CRTs or kmart coupons you want to use before scanning any Kmart and manufacturer coupons.

you can check to make sure they are not going to be kicked out of the system by having the cashier hit total, then scan coupons. generally if your kmart coupon is getting kicked out a blue box will pop up after hitting the total button.
If my store hits total before coupons, the whole tx has to be voided and started over. They cannot put coupons in after the total is hit. Not sure if this is all stores. It happened after they did the updates last year on all the registers.
The Following User Says Thank You to StacieM99 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM

when they hit total they have three options
add items
scan coupons
take payment

only if they press "take payment" is that an issue. they MUST hit total and respond to the "may i put this on your sears card" grey box before scanning manf coupons.

the first 2 boxes of scan coupons or add more items, will pop out a crt that isnt going to take.

they can hit total and scan coupons after each coupon if we need to be sure they are going to work!
we all hate that take payment button though!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Professional Fangirl

My Mood/Status:
medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!medic2midwife has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Basically Kmart doesn't know if it has a policy, because they state they do not have one, then they state that they do and list the exclusions. I would follow the list they provide until your local store tells you otherwise.

Quote:
August 10, 2014 8:24 pm
What is the coupon policy for kmart?

September 2, 20147:41am
This is what I got when I contacted Kmart..

Kmart Help
12:37 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
Dear Shayla Mihalcin,

Thank you for contacting Kmart. I appreciate hearing from you.

My name is Kim-Marie, and I am a Customer Care email advisor. I will be
looking to resolve and assist you with your concern. I apologize however
Kmart does not have a corporate coupon policy. It is up to each
individual store manger directly.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. Thank you
for shopping at Kmart. I appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Kim-Marie S.
Sears Holdings Corporation

Flag(0)Helpful

Comm Mgr
SHC-WendyFD-2
Hoffman est, IL
August 10, 20148:42pm
Hi couponqueen1998!

Welcome to the MyKmart Community!

This is the current policy that has been made available to us through our contacts.

KMART IN STORE COUPON POLICY
This policy is effective as of February 11, 2014 and applies only to coupons accepted in store. We may change the terms of this policy at any time without notice.

MANUFACTURER COUPONS
• All coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase
• We uphold all purchase stipulation requirements set forth by the manufacturer.
• Coupons must state “Manufacturer Coupon,” contain a scanable barcode, valid ‘remit to’ address, and have a valid expiration date.
• Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.). There is a limit of one coupon per item.
• Buy One Get One Free Coupons (“BOGO”) cannot be combined (i.e., you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free).
• Coupons and their face value cannot be exchanged for cash, money orders, postage or prepaid/loadable cards including but not limited to gift cards and cell phone minutes.
• Coupons cannot be used to pay sales tax. Sales tax will be calculated at the register based on the type of coupon presented, in accordance with state law.
• Kmart may, from time-to-time, offer Double Manufacturer Coupon promotions. The terms and conditions of any Double Manufacturer Coupon promotion shall be published in Kmart advertising and available in participating Kmart stores. Please contact store for more information.
• All add on fees (examples: bottle deposits and battery core charges) on purchased and free items (including coupon items) are paid for by the customer.
• No purchase required coupons, free coupons, and coupon discounts over $9.00 are subject to approval by the manager or lead supervisor on duty.
• Coupons void where prohibited. We do not accept expired coupons, counterfeit coupons, coupons from other retailers or coupons for products or services not carried in our stores.
• Kmart may not accept digital reproductions or photographs of coupons or coupons distributed through channels not approved by Kmart (examples: websites, smartphone applications, etc.).
• Management reserves the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon at its discretion.

KMART STORE COUPONS (Including Shop Your Way coupons)
• We uphold any purchase stipulation requirements set forth on the coupon.
• Select Shop Your Way member coupons have the option of loading the coupon to the member’s account or printing the coupon to redeem in-store when making an applicable purchase.
• Kmart gladly accepts Kmart print-at-home coupons as long as they are legible, provide a scanable, valid barcode, and are not altered in anyway.
• Print-at-home coupons must scan at the registers. Kmart associates will not override the registers to award any print-at-home coupon.
• In the event of a return, coupon value is pro-rated across all qualifying items and will be deducted from any refund.
• If a customer presents a paper coupon and also has a digital coupon clipped and/or loaded to their Shop Your Way account for the same item in the same transaction, the paper coupon value and requirements shall take precedence over the digital coupon in that transaction.
• If there are multiple digital Kmart coupons that have been clipped and/or loaded to a member’s Shop Your Way account that are redeemable in the transaction, the coupon offer that provides the best value, discount or savings for the purchased items will take precedence and apply in the transaction.

Thank you for reaching out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.