Ok, I Will Test A Points Deal BUT I Need Help With A Senerio-MAJOR UPDATE!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM

RE: Ok, I will test a points deal BUT I need help with a senerio-MAJOR UPDATE!!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mglenn716 View Post
1 Kmart coupon for $1 off garnier product (this was a tearpad right by the garnier products)
How much did that take off?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM

is searching AFC for the best deals

My Mood/Status:
mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaWeina View Post
How much did that take off?
Just $1.00 it did not double
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!mglenn716 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
The garnier is b1g1 50% off, so that would make them $3 each - $1/1, making them $1 each. I just found a Kmart $1 off garnier haircare savings coupon. Would that make them all free or just one? It says "limit 1" does that mean it will only take $1 off per transaction or "limit 1" coupon per transaction & it deducts $1 from each one?
Just one coupon per transaction
Old 04-23-2012, 04:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!TinaWeina has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mglenn716 View Post
Just one coupon per transaction
Okay so only $1 per transaction? Or one $1 per shampoo? sorry I'm having to get this broke down to idiot level but I feel I need to at Kmart!

Even if $1 per transaction that would make them .50 each, so not a bad filler item to get to the $50 for the gc if you can spare to use a couple of your doubles that way.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
Just one $1 kmart coupon per transaction. So at my kmart garnier shampoo is 3.30, second one would be 1.65. I used $1 off coupons which doubled to $2 off 3.30 and $2 off 1.65. Then at the end I bought 8 shampoos and the $1 kmart coupon came off the total of all items purchased.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM

tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
The garnier is b1g1 50% off, so that would make them $3 each - $1/1, making them $1 each. I just found a Kmart $1 off garnier haircare savings coupon. Would that make them all free or just one? It says "limit 1" does that mean it will only take $1 off per transaction or "limit 1" coupon per transaction & it deducts $1 from each one?
If it says limit 1 you will ONLY get $1 off 1 total in the transaction.

Are you testing the Garnier for the point deal? Make sure you don't use ANY Kmart coupons. DON'T even use the Kmart Super coupon. I think it will mess up the deal. I HOPE your testing out the Garnier deal. I'm pooped from going to Kmart 3 seperate times today testing the Schick/Playtex deal.

WAIT! I think the doubles will ALSO mess up the points deal!!! RED ALERT!! The doubled part of doubles is considered a Kmart discount! RED ALERT!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 PM

tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tracysbeans has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Back from the 3rd trip to Kmart today. This Schick/Playtex deal is wearing me out. I tested the deal already 6 times with NO success on getting the points. (BUT the manager did give me 2 $5 gift cards for the 2 sets I kept.)

When I called Kmart she said on my first order that the Schick I got was a bonus one and that wasn't in their system for the deal. I asked her which ones were good for the deal. She said 3 of them and she would e-mail me the 3 upcs for the ones that would work for the deal. I just decided to go back and try with the Schick Intutuion she mentioned as being one of the 3. I tried 2 different Schick Intutuion (one right off the display that advertised the deal). I tried with coupons and ALSo without coupons.

NO go on the 6 tests I did. I guess I need to call in again.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracysbeans View Post

Are you testing the Garnier for the point deal? Make sure you don't use ANY Kmart coupons. DON'T even use the Kmart Super coupon. I think it will mess up the deal. I HOPE your testing out the Garnier deal. I'm pooped from going to Kmart 3 seperate times today testing the Schick/Playtex deal.
When I went back in & saw what cashier was on the register & what manager was on duty I turned around & walked out. I've got PMS & am not medicated enough to deal with those two today.

Will check my regular Kmart tomorrow to see if they have any of the hair dye left. It was marked down to $2 & the coupon is $2, so no doubling, it *should* go through without a hitch. Right?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
it *should* go through without a hitch. Right?
IT SHOULD but don't count on ANYTHING at Kmart.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
When I went back in & saw what cashier was on the register & what manager was on duty I turned around & walked out. I've got PMS & am not medicated enough to deal with those two today.
I can definatly understand that. I did that on Sunday morning when I saw that the old crabby lady was the ONLY cashier on duty.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Hot Damn! After over a half hour on the phone with Kmart I think we FINALLY figured out the culprit on the Schick/Playtex deal. It was the Playtex unscented 18ct I kept buying on EVERY order. (I didn't want the scented ones)

Ok, So the question now is DO I go back AGAIN today for the fourth time?
The Following User Says Thank You to tracysbeans For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
no the question is WHEN do you go back for the fourth time?

OMG, you have wayyyyy more patience than I do, I called it quits before I even started!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
no the question is WHEN do you go back for the fourth time?

OMG, you have wayyyyy more patience than I do, I called it quits before I even started!
I think I'm going to just go get this over with and then I can rest for a bit.

I'm a glutten for punishment today I guess. It's a good thing it's not also the wrong time of the month.

However, through ALL of this mess I was able to get a COMPLETE listing off ALL the products that are eligible for this offer. (Which I was told should be available at EACH store)

So I'm PRAYING I will be IN AND OUT QUICK!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 PM

OK, I'M BACK! And I have GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FINALLY after 4 trips and about 9 tests got the darn Schick/Playtex deal to work. I was JUST on the verge of throwing in the towel.

The last Kmart person I spoke with solved the mystery. The one 18ct Playtex sports was NOT part of the deal. And I tried them on all 8 orders just because it was one of the VERY few smaller boxes of Playtex that were unscented. And that's all I buy are the unscented ones.

We figured out one other unscented that was on the huge list of elgible products.

Did one test order with that new Playtex and out pops my receipt with the BONUS POINTS ON MY RECEIPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN to make it even better I did the deal one more time with JUST manufacturers coupons and AGAIN GOT THE 5,000 POINTS!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh I spent most of the day at Kmart. BUT this solved a HUGE mystery. I can now do any bonus points that are worth doing without Kmart coupons. It's such a bummer that you can't use any Kmart coupons BUT I will take what I can get. I'm just SO darn used to having some type of Kmart coupon within my transactions.

HAIL TO THE KMART GODS tonight!

I HOPE this helps someone!

Last edited by tracysbeans; 04-23-2012 at 09:44 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tracysbeans For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 PM

Oh and just in case anyone wants to know on the bottom of my receipt were it states your a BONUS member & VIP Gold (yes I'm a goldie )that is where it shows this:

Base Points Earned 210
Bonus Points Earned: 5,000 points

I'm going to keep this receipt in my coupon holder in case ANY employee at Kmart start spouting out that you can't use coupons on these types of offers. Ummm YES YOU CAN!!!!! YES YOU CAN

I feel like doing a back flip right now. Just afraid I would hurt my back LOL

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM

Shopping Til I'm Dropping!

My Mood/Status:
thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Yay!! Congrats!

And I knew it was a picky deal....for some silly reason, Kmart only includes certain items.

Really happy because we sit here all day long wondering how discriminated we are for using coupons.....and now you've figured it out. Maybe you should make a sticky on the rules for it...., I know I will be searching for this thread in the future.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:04 PM

Shopping Til I'm Dropping!

My Mood/Status:
thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thriftyCAmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Can you post your full transaction with exact coupons used please? I can use it for reference.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 PM

ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!ccb2004 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftyCAmom View Post
Yay!! Congrats!

And I knew it was a picky deal....for some silly reason, Kmart only includes certain items.

Really happy because we sit here all day long wondering how discriminated we are for using coupons.....and now you've figured it out. Maybe you should make a sticky on the rules for it...., I know I will be searching for this thread in the future.
Thanks for all the hard work and glad it worked, but i am still leery of points deals when using manufacturer's coupons. i have done them numerous times in the past and NEVER received points even when i ONLY use MQ's, NO KMart q's (I can think of bonus points for Schick now and in the past, Curel and Biore right off the top of my head). There must be numerous product exclusions EVERY time
Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Can you post your full transaction with exact coupons used please? I can use it for reference.
Sure this is what I got:
Playtex Gentle Guide Tampons 36pk Super UPC#078300 09850 $6.99
Playtex Sport Tampons 18ct Regular upc # 78300 08109 $5.19
Schick Hyrdo Silk Razor, Holder and 2 blades upc #41058 00700 $8.99

Coupons used
B1G1F Tampons Minus $5.19
Schick Hydro Silk Razor Minus $4

Received $5 (5,000 points) that were INSTANTLY added to my card.

I hope this helps!

Now I want to figure out the Garnier deal. I just don't know if the 50% off the 2nd item has to be minused off from the total. If nobody knows I guess I'm back to testing AGAIN!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Yay!! Congrats!

Thanks! Alls you gotta remember is NO Kmart coupons or Kmart discounts within your transaction even IF those discounts are for different items. I just plan on doing the point deals completley seperate from anything else.

So no $3/15s or $5/50s
No Kmart coupons for example like NO $1/1 Kmart Garnier coupon. Or $1 off Charmin Basic.
And NO using points (I think)

Now I'm not sure about the Freebie item being used on the order. I MAY test that out if nobody knows. (For my order today I was only at $21.16 so it didn't matter anyway)
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccb2004 View Post
Thanks for all the hard work and glad it worked, but i am still leery of points deals when using manufacturer's coupons. i have done them numerous times in the past and NEVER received points even when i ONLY use MQ's, NO KMart q's (I can think of bonus points for Schick now and in the past, Curel and Biore right off the top of my head). There must be numerous product exclusions EVERY time
Ok, the ONLY thing I can guess is that you might not have bought elgible products. I have a list now of what is working for the Schick/Playtex deal. I will see if I can post that list but it is HUGE. I will be calling in to check to see if the items I want to buy are elgible products BEFORE I buy them. The Kmart stores are actually suppose to have the list of elgible products for each deal. I will be checking on that with my store manager.

I'm going to try to make this work one way or another. I'm determined now.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 PM

My Mood/Status:

Tracy! Here's your crown

I cannot believe you put so much effort in to this but your determination sure paid off! Thank you!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Tracy! Here's your crown

I cannot believe you put so much effort in to this but your determination sure paid off! Thank you!
When I set my mind to something that is important to me I go in guns blazing. (I even fought the City on a matter and was succesful ) BUT now I'm wanting to already figure out the Garnier deal. And here I thought I said I was going to rest a bit. (Oh and I NEVER even mentioned that I ALSO run 2 businesses )
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tracy, Just so I am clear you can go for a points deal as long as you don't use Kmart coupons. Can you still double your man coupons? Also what number or contact did you talk to in order to get the list of eligible items? I think I may need it for the garnier deal!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Abbie125 has posted more than 150 good deals!Abbie125 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I don't know if this helps anyone but I posted this deal a while back re: the Schick razors..
(Schick/Playtex Deal)

"I just went this past week to test it out and I bought four packs of the Schick 12ct slim twin razors that are on sale for 5.00 each. I used four 3.00 coupons so my total was 9.14 after tax. It gave me the 5,000 bonus points right there on my receipt before I even left the store?"

(The razors are the pink ones)

Hope that helps you figure out which items are good for the deal!