Mishawaka Or South Bend Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

dsmith0409 has posted more than 5 good deals
read mishawaka or south bend area

im new to th site i am in the south bend mishawaka area and im just wondering if there is anyone out here from my area that would be willing to give advice to a newbie
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmith0409 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM

RE: mishawaka or south bend area

My Mood/Status:
lissiesmom2010 has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi dsmith! I currently live just south of Goshen, so I consider myself part of the Michiana area. What kind of advice are you looking for? Are you new to couponing in general, or do you have an interest in stockpiling, specific stores? I typically shop at Meijer for everything, but am starting to expand more to other stores who may have better deals. Takes some time, but if you have questions, feel free to PM me or reply to this!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 AM

i am totally new to it all never used a coupon a day in my life till just recent i am trying to get a stockpill built just really dont know where to start... im ata stand still because im outta printer ink .
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
OK if you are trying to stockpile, then just know that, at first, you will be saving a LITTLE money but after several months you will be saving MORE money. Here's how I got started stockpiling last fall:
1. Subscribe to one or more of your local Sunday newspapers in order to get coupon inserts each week;
2. Decide if you want to shop at several different stores or just want to stick with one or two. (I typically do the bulk of my shopping at Meijer - they double coupons daily, also accept manufacturer's coupons with their store coupons and store sales.)
3. Make a list of items you use in large quantities (toothpaste, tp, dish soap, other toiletries plus grocery items like cheese, canned goods, pasta, baking supplies etc. I've found that bread and cheese freeze quite nicely if you buy them in bulk at the grocery.)
4. Check out this website or a couple of others that I really like are:
Bargains to Bounty and Coupons, Grocery Coupons, Printable Coupons, Coupon Database, Coupon Match Ups, Restaurant Coupons, Coupon Codes. You can browse for free on each site by store and location to find the best bargains for each week. The key is to buy most of your items in large quantities and to combine store sales with coupons you have available. When you are stockpiling, you won't be getting items you need each week; rather, you are getting what is on sale that you can stock up on and use until the next sale hits.
5. If you run out of coupons or don't have enough, you can purchase them cheaply at The nations largest source of Grocery Coupons, manufacturer Coupons and Printable Coupons. or CouponDede.com: Fastest, largest selection and we offer whole inserts too! You have found the BEST clipping service available! or ebay. You're not paying for the coupons themselves, just a processing fee. I would check to see if anyone is willing to swap them for free on this site first, though.

Hope that isn't too much to overwhelm you! Let me know if you have questions.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 PM

thank you thats all been really helpful. one question what do u use to organize all ur coupons?? i shop at meijer alot as well since i work at the grape road meijer. if you know any good sales coming and what coupons to use could u pass them along to me? im still trying to figure whats a good price or not its kind of overwhelming but i know i will get it eventually! thank you again for all ur help!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
panda0715 has posted more than 1 good deal
I am from michiana area also, I know you can find good deals at cvs and walgreens once in a while i just got deodorant from krogers for .04 two tubes of toothpaste from cvs for 1.24. I am trying to stock pile also trying to get multiple coupons I have asked gas stations what they do with there old papers and the guy said they throw them away so i asked him if i could have them and he was more then happy to save them for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to panda0715 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 02:34 PM

wow thats cool could i give you my number to kinda help me along?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
panda0715 has posted more than 1 good deal
Ya thats fine can you tell me more about yourself
Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM

yeah my name is Dawn i grew u in the area i was a single mom for 6 yrs now i am married i have 2 kids my husband is currently out of work so its just my income. im 30yrs old.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith0409 View Post
thank you thats all been really helpful. one question what do u use to organize all ur coupons?? i shop at meijer alot as well since i work at the grape road meijer. if you know any good sales coming and what coupons to use could u pass them along to me? im still trying to figure whats a good price or not its kind of overwhelming but i know i will get it eventually! thank you again for all ur help!!!!
I typically go to Bargains to Bounty when I get my Sunday paper. They show the weekly sales PLUS coupons you can use as well as Meijer mealbox or mPerks rewards.

I really want to start going to other stores, like Kroger, but haven't started doing that yet.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0715 View Post
I am from michiana area also, I know you can find good deals at cvs and walgreens once in a while i just got deodorant from krogers for .04 two tubes of toothpaste from cvs for 1.24. I am trying to stock pile also trying to get multiple coupons I have asked gas stations what they do with there old papers and the guy said they throw them away so i asked him if i could have them and he was more then happy to save them for me.
Do you just go to any gas station to ask for the extra papers? We live like seriously a block away from a gas station. Also, what deodorant did you get for 4 cents? I have been trying to stockpile deodorant and am having a hard time finding a screaming deal anywhere with the coupons I have. It's like a couple of deodorants here and there, you know?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM

Lovin' Livin'

Couponing4thecommunity has posted more than 1 good deal
Hello - I just signed up today and am also new to couponing. I live in South Bend and am looking for people that have the same interest and are excited about coupons the way I am Please contact me so we can stay in touch and help each other out in our new found "hobby". Lovin' Livin'
Sabrina
Old 10-06-2011, 01:58 PM

mom2layla09 has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi! I'm in South Bend and going on week 2 of couponing. Not sure how much advice I can give but I got a lot of printer paper, bought 2 newspapers and bought a binder with lots of inserted clear folders to put my coupons. : )
The Following User Says Thank You to mom2layla09 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Lovin' Livin'

Couponing4thecommunity has posted more than 1 good deal
Hey mom2layla09 Nice to meet you. I have a binder as well and have lots of clear inserts ... I do want to get me more in different sizes and I need to buy PAPER
Were in South Bend are you? I am in Riverpark.

Proud mom to Sarah
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:17 PM

mom2layla09 has posted more than 1 good deal
I am near Rum Village area. Nice to meet ya!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 AM

bgsaves has posted more than 150 good deals!bgsaves has posted more than 150 good deals!
Does anyone have an idea of what to expent at the black friday sales at cvs in our area? Idk how many other couponers ill be up against around here.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 AM

My Mood/Status:
floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!
HI everyone!!

I recently moved to the South Bend/ Mishawaka area. I was wondering what are the newspapers around here that offer the coupon inserts. I lived in a small town before and their newspaper never had the inserts so I had to buy the newspaper that they brought in from the nearest cities. I'm in Osceola...and I all I know is that I live right behind a Walmart. My husband says that we are just a few minutes away from Meijer's, Martins, Target...and other stores but I literally have only lived here a week and three days . I have been couponing since March of 2010 so I know the basics just not the area.

Two more questions: Does anyone know the rate of the Sunday Subscription? What day do the grocery circulars come in the paper...Tuesday or Wednesday...or is there any in the Sunday?

Thank you!!