Southern Indiana Couponers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 01:01 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Hi Southern Indiana Couponers

Calling all Southern Indiana couponers! Would love to discuss Indiana deals with fellow couponers from the Midwest Region/East North Central Division.

A lot of our local grocery stores are not listed on the afc "grocery store" forum and would like to know how you find deals for unlisted stores.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:33 AM

RE: Southern Indiana Couponers

clippin, clippin, clippin

My Mood/Status:
mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!
what stores?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Question

mamagibson,

Here in Southern Indiana, we have the following grocery stores, but they are not recognized on the afc website.

*Wesselman's Supermarket, now named North Park Grocery Outlet, located in Evansville Indiana's North Park Shopping Center.

*Wesslman's Supermarket, now named Newburgh Grocery Outlet, located in Newburgh Indiana's Newburgh Plaza.

*Buehler's Buy Low located in Evansville Indiana

*Buehler's Buy Low located in Newburgh Indiana

*Buehler's Buy Low, now named Hometown IGA, located in Rockport Indiana

*Holiday Foods located in Rockport Indiana

Since these are the local area grocery stores, grocery deals are needed for these specific stores.

P.S. Are you from Gibson county? My family vet is located up there.
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeCouponingOnline For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM

clippin, clippin, clippin

My Mood/Status:
mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!mamagibson has posted more than 300 great deals!
not from Gibson county I have never heard of the stores you listed I am from south central Indiana.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Thumbs up

mamagibson,

OMG! You have never heard of Buehler's Buy Low or Wesslman's grocery stores?

I would have swore that there were at least one of these in every city in the south.

Buehler's Buy Low bought out "Great Scott" in the early 90's. Now Hometown IGA is slowly buying out Buehler's Buy Low.

And of course, the Grocery Outlet is slowly buying out all of the "Wesslman's."

Aw! South Central Indiana. That would explain why you are not from Gibson county. Sorry my mistake. I got "Gibson" from your username.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Morgan County, but welcome to the group! Glad you are here.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:03 PM

judoarmymom2 has posted more than 1 good deal
i would love to find coupon match ups for these stores
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM

Makin' a WAGS trip at lunch!
Probie

My Mood/Status:
couponluvr83 has posted more than 1 good deal
I'm from Gibson County!!

You might add to the list:

Buehler's Buy Low in Princeton, IN
Jay C Food Store in Petersburg, IN

Jay C's is part of the Kroger family but I've noticed they don't follow everything Kroger does.

So glad to have found some Southern Indiana folks!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 AM

Probie

My Mood/Status:
Oh, another thing I have found out that Buehler's in Princeton is now being called "Hometown IGA". I found a copy of their coupon policy at: houchensnorth.com

So you might be able to type in your store and find the deets!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 AM

Probie

My Mood/Status:
Okay, real dumb question... So at Jay C's. They have a lot of things in these big Clearance bins and they're marked "Manager's Specials". So the bottle of ketchup is marked down to $1.09. I have a $1.00 coupon. Does the coupon still work since it was already marked down?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM

buy low in evansville is having double coupons this week and they have some great deals as well cant wait to go shopping this week to stock up on cheese and bbq sauce
Sunday
Old 05-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Probie

My Mood/Status:
Those are two big staples in my house, especially CHEESE! I think my DH is half mouse!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Idea Re: Southern Indiana Couponers

judoarmymom2,

*Buehler's Buy Low, now named Hometown IGA, located in Rockport Indiana is also having "Double Coupons" this week only.

Both the Evansville and Newburgh Indiana Buehler's Buy Low store weekly sale ads are identical to the Rockport, Indiana IGA's store weekly sale ads.

*Buehler's Buy Low located in Evansville Indiana

*Buehler's Buy Low located in Newburgh Indiana

*Holiday Foods located in Rockport Indiana

*Wesselman's Supermarket, now named North Park Grocery Outlet, located in Evansville Indiana's North Park Shopping Center.

*Wesslman's Supermarket, now named Newburgh Grocery Outlet, located in Newburgh Indiana's Newburgh Plaza.

Since these are the local area grocery stores, grocery deals are needed for these specific stores.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Thumbs up Re: Southern Indiana Couponers

couponluvr83,

Not a dumb question at all!

Yes, you can use your $1/1 coupon on the marked down clearance ketchup item!

Happy couponing!

Quote:
Okay, real dumb question. So at Jay C's. They have a lot of things in these big Clearance bins and they're marked "Manager's Specials". So the bottle of ketchup is marked down to $1.09. I have a $1.00 coupon. Does the coupon still work since it was already marked down?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Probie

My Mood/Status:
Where do y'all get your coupon inserts? I take the Sunday Evansville Courier, and so I get one set. But where do you get multiples? I've tried asking friends, co-workers, but I haven't been able to get my hands on any extras. Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:

couponluvr83,

For Evansville, Indiana couponers (aside from IPs) the Sunday Evansville Courier Newspaper is basically the only coupon source. Therefore, I typically purchase 5 separate Sunday newspapers (one for each family member.) If the coupons are not great that particular week, I will only buy one paper or none at all.

If you are into coupon dumpster diving, you can check out Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve loacted at:

551 North Boeke Road
Evansville, IN 47711-5923
(812) 479-0771

for free coupon inserts as they accept newspaper recycling

or you can visit the Laubscher Meadows Landfill located at:

2121 Wimberg Avenue
Evansville, IN 47720-5929
(812) 422-3153

on the far west side of Evansville, past Mesker Park Zoo and Diamond Avenue as they also accept recycling. The green recycle dumpster are outside of the land fill in the volunteer fire department's parking lot.

I use this land fill a lot as they are the only recycle center in Evansville who accepts "wide mouth" HDPE #2 plastic jugs, bottles, and buckets.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Trudakota has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponluvr83 View Post
I'm from Gibson County!!

You might add to the list:

Buehler's Buy Low in Princeton, IN
Jay C Food Store in Petersburg, IN

Jay C's is part of the Kroger family but I've noticed they don't follow everything Kroger does.

So glad to have found some Southern Indiana folks!!!
I wish the doubled like kroger does
Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Exclamation

deleted

Last edited by FreeCouponingOnline; 05-11-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: posted reply in wrong thread
Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
mom24darlings
New to trying couponing in Evansville. Where and how do you find the deals??? Do any of our stores double?
Thanks
Old 05-12-2011, 08:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
mom24darlings
Question

New to trying couponing in Evansville. Where and how do you find the deals??? Do any of our stores double?
Thanks
Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Probie

My Mood/Status:
Wish

I know! Me too!!

The one thing about it though, they do a lot of Manager's Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudakota View Post
I wish the doubled like kroger does
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM

Probie

My Mood/Status:
I just wanted to share...

I went on my first little trip yesterday to Hometown IGA in Princeton (formerly Buehler's) and had a WONDERFUL checker lady. She was an older lady, but awesome. I had two $1.00 coupons for the Kraft Homestyle Mac 'n Cheese and they wouldn't ring up but she made sure I was taken care of. I wish I had jotted down her name. I ended up saving about 60% of my total order price, so I was really happy for my first time!

Another note for y'all... next Friday they're having a grand re-opening here in Princeton. I'm guessing it's because they changed the name from Buehler's to Hometown IGA. I'm hoping they have REALLY good sales!!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:

couponluvr83,

Great job! You must have had some seriously awesome Qs to have saved 60% at Buehler's Buy Low. I can never save that much there. My Qs never match up with their weekly sales ad and since most of my Qs are for a $1.00 off, I do not even bother with "Double Coupon" week.

When there is a sale, I have no coupons for those items. By the next week I have coupons, but those items are not on sale. In the end, my coupons expire before I get a chance to use them.

For years I have only bought items that I had coupons for. Period. If I did not have a coupon for that particular item, I simply did not buy it. Unfortunately, I am finding it difficult to continue my shopping style as I no longer have coupons for the items I need. Companies who manufacture the products I purchase are no longer releasing as many coupons and their products are not going on sale as often.

My 50% - 70% savings "trips" mostly come from Wal-Mart and Petsmart. I can make out like a bandit at either one of those stores, but put me in the middle of a small town grocery chain and I suck.

Here it is Friday, and I still have not found the desire to go to Buehler's. If I do make it tomorrow (last day for weekly store sale ad), once again I will be purchasing sale items w/out any Q's and I absolutely hate that!

I posted a thread called: http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupo...f-my-game.html discussing the entire situation.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:45 PM

searching for camping foods

My Mood/Status:
dellastrella has posted more than 1 good deal
I live in Princeton and shop at the above mentioned grocery stores. JayC is a Kroger! You can get matchups that way but be ware... they don't double. IGA/Buehler's doubles once a month. I can't find IGA online ad and Buehler's removed the Princeton location from their website but they still have the same deals if you look at one of the other two stores on there.

Last edited by dellastrella; 05-19-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: clicked before i was done
Old 05-19-2011, 01:56 PM

searching for camping foods

My Mood/Status:
dellastrella has posted more than 1 good deal
buehler's doubles once per month

Buehler's doubles once per month. There is a Buehler's in Newburgh and this or last week they (just that locale) had .30 off per gallon of gas. I wish I'd had a reason to go down there but it would have just cost me the gas I was going down for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24darlings View Post
Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 07:27 PM

i dont think there are many awesome deals this week. I was a little disappointed