Southern Indiana Couponers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 08:04 PM

RE: Southern Indiana Couponers

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Mishkia has posted more than 100 good deals!Mishkia has posted more than 100 good deals!
Our Kroger and JayC wont honor the others prices here in Madison either
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 AM

mobile35
Bedford area

I only know of one store, IGA in Bedford, within 30 miles of my town that doubles coupons once a month. Does anyone know any others????
Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponDom has posted more than 25 good deals
Hey everyone. Just found this forum and joined. I'm from the Evansville area. I shop at Walmart, Schnucks and Buy Low. Last week I saved over $250 with $110 of it at Buy Low when they had their double coupon.

I've read many people saying Buy Low has high prices. Yes they do. Usually the sale price at either Buy Low or Schnucks is what Walmart sells it for everyday. But not everything. You also have to look for unadvertised sales which is where all online match-ups fail.

Some of the items I got at Buy Low was Banquet TV Dinners for $0.53 each. Hamburger Helper for $0.33 each. Totinos Pizza for $0.75 each. Other items I can't recall.

At Schnucks I got 30 rolls of scotch tape for free.

At Walmart I got paid $0.03 for every ivory soap 4pk, wilkerson razor 4pk and pro-namel trial toothpaste I bought.

The deals are out there, you just need to keep an eye open and ALWAYS bring your coupons. My wife and I could care less what people think and our daughter is completely embarrassed, but hey, coupons ARE money.

Another thing I've learned. Don't shop for what you need. Start shopping for what is on sale or clearance that you have a Q for. And always find as many Q's as you can. Friends, family and co-workers. Heck, I offered to buy a co-worker a coffee every Monday morning is they brought me their coupons.

Collect as many coupons as you can.
Find a sale on the items you have coupons for and
BUY A TON of it.

Oh, and I've only been doing this for just under a month as of this post so I still have a lot to learn and look forward to sharing with others.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponDom has posted more than 25 good deals
Deleted - Duplicate Post

Last edited by CouponDom; 05-20-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 AM

on the hunt for good deals
CVS Addict

My Mood/Status:
feisty83 has posted more than 10 good deals
Hi everyone, I'm new here and just beginning to figure out my way around the site.

Does anyone know if the local Jay-C stores double coupons? My local Hometown IGA (formerly Buehler's Buy Low) just had a double coupon week, but it was not advertised. Boo! Luckily, I have a friend that works there and tipped me in so I didn't miss it!

Also, I usually buy the Evansville Courier for coupons, but I missed the paper yesterday so I ordered whole inserts from wholecouponinserts.com. I've never used that site before, but thought it was worth a shot. I didn't want to miss out on any good coupons.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM

CVS Addict

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile35 View Post
I only know of one store, IGA in Bedford, within 30 miles of my town that doubles coupons once a month. Does anyone know any others????
Hometown IGA in Washington and Loogootee both double coupons, BUT my friend that works at one said they don't advertise it.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM

fourman0827
So how do we find out when they are having another Double coupons event? Can someone just call and ask? I'm in Vincennes and would be willing to drive to Washington to get some good deals. (just don't tell my husband. He doesn't think it's worth it if I have to go there for a deal).
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Arrow Re: Southern Indiana Couponers

fourman0827,

To the best of my knowledge, all Buehler's Buy Low grocery stores and Hometown IGA grocery stores (bought out some of the Buy Lows) double once a month.

These are the grocery and/or supercenters stores that I am positive doubles coupons.

* Buehler's Buy Low located in Evansville Indiana

* Buehler's Buy Low located in Newburgh Indiana

* Buehler's Buy Low, now named Hometown IGA, located in Rockport Indiana

* Both Kmarts in Owensboro, KY double coupons, but I am not sure how often.

When Buehler's Buy Low/Hometown IGA "Double Coupon Days" occur in Evansville, Newburgh, and Rockport Indiana, it is listed on front of the weekly store sale ad next to a red "stop sign" photo.

Buehler's Buy Low/Hometown IGA "Double Coupon Days" in Evansville, Newburgh, and Rockport Indiana, offer "Double Coupon" week once a month.

"Double Coupon" week is typically the 2nd week of every month and the sale runs from Monday through Saturday instead of the standard Sunday through Saturday.

The Buehler's Buy Low weekly store sale ad can be viewed here. houchensnorth.com

Last edited by FreeCouponingOnline; 05-24-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added info
The Following User Says Thank You to FreeCouponingOnline For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 05:33 PM

CVS Addict

My Mood/Status:
I purchased the Evansville Courier today only to realize the SS in it is much smaller than the SS that's in the Indianapolis Star. Darn!
AND I asked the lady at Dollar Tree how many papers they get (they're 75 cents there instead of $2) and she told me about 20.. *sigh* A lady bought them all. Bad couponing day today for me. LOL Hope everyone else's went much better!!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 PM

searching for camping foods

My Mood/Status:
dellastrella has posted more than 1 good deal
This week IGA/Buehlers's Buy-Low is doubling up to $1!
The Following User Says Thank You to dellastrella For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 AM

CVS Addict

My Mood/Status:
I emailed Kroger/JayC to see if they double coupons anywhere in southern Indiana. A consumer affairs rep emailed me back very quickly and said they do not double coupons in my region. Looks like I'm stuck with the local IGA's and my search continues. LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I live in North Vernon we have aJay C store that is horrid. I have found expired items on the shelf. I usually drive to seymour to go to the big Sav A lot or walmart depending on what I need. I also frequent dollar tree for insidentals dog toys and kitty litter. I really miss double coupons like Marsh in Bloomington used to do when I lved there.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
glad to find some fellow couponers from Southern Indiana. Live in Clark county. Im new to couponing and the forum so nice to meet y'all!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM

just moved 500 miles from home...HELP!

raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!raising3cains has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok so I stumbled onto this thread when I shouldn't even be on the computer because we are moving 500 miles in a month! We are moving to Floyd county. I have never had JayC, Kroger or meijer before. I will be checking the forums on those but will take all the tips I can get. Is the Evansville paper the one to get? How different are jayc and kroger? Will I be looking at Louisville matchups? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!
I also just stumbled onto this forum even though I have been a member here for quite a while. I live between Petersburg and Jasper. Do some of my shopping at JayC in Petersburg and some at Hometown IGA in Jasper-which doubles about 1 week per month and usually still can't find very many good deals. JayC never doubles, and I have emailed them regularly about this issue!! Lol!! Do I need to "officially" join this group? If so, would someone please tell me how to. Thanks!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM

lisapoulton1
Welcome to Floyd County

Ooops.. Wrong spot.. Sorry!

Last edited by lisapoulton1; 06-20-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread... Sorry.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!kmfruits87 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3cains View Post
Ok so I stumbled onto this thread when I shouldn't even be on the computer because we are moving 500 miles in a month! We are moving to Floyd county. I have never had JayC, Kroger or meijer before. I will be checking the forums on those but will take all the tips I can get. Is the Evansville paper the one to get? How different are jayc and kroger? Will I be looking at Louisville matchups? Thanks.
I live in clark county, which is the next county over, so welcome! The meijer in new albany(floyd county) and jeffersonville (clark county) double coupons up to .50 cents, which is great!

The Krogers around here do not double however, which stinks. And the JayC i never really shop at their prices are so HIGH.

I am new but this is the info ive uncovered in the last week or so... HTH!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!jodycraig has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmfruits87 View Post
I live in clark county, which is the next county over, so welcome! The meijer in new albany(floyd county) and jeffersonville (clark county) double coupons up to .50 cents, which is great!

The Krogers around here do not double however, which stinks. And the JayC i never really shop at their prices are so HIGH.

I am new but this is the info ive uncovered in the last week or so... HTH!
Has Kroger not doubling started recently? I occasionally( maybe 2 times per year) shop at the Kroger in Clarksville on Lewis and Clark Pkwy and I thought they doubled up to .50. Thanks for the info- it is good to know so I won't waste my time going there while dh is shopping at BassPro.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 AM

lisapoulton has posted more than 1 good deal
Clark/Floyd County Indiana Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodycraig View Post
Has Kroger not doubling started recently? I occasionally( maybe 2 times per year) shop at the Kroger in Clarksville on Lewis and Clark Pkwy and I thought they doubled up to .50. Thanks for the info- it is good to know so I won't waste my time going there while dh is shopping at BassPro.
Kroger will double up to $ .50 at all three area locations (Grantline Road, State Street, Lewis & Clark) Grantline is a small store so it may not have as much selection. Lewis and Clark is very coupon friendly for the most part. They will also give you money back upto $ 5.00 or a store credit for over $ 5.00. They will accept all Catalinas.

At Meijer on Charlestown Road they will double 3 like coupons and will allow up to 5 of the same coupon used. You may stack with store coupons printed from the mealbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to lisapoulton For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 AM

My Mood/Status:
mellyn has posted more than 1 good deal
I live in the clark county area (sellersburg, clarksville, jeffersonville, and New albany) and I would like to find people from these areas to chat with on couponing or just chat.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
what days do the stores (jayc, kroger, or meijer, etc) double coupons in the clark county or floyd county area?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nice to meet you too, im also new here and new to couponing.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisapoulton View Post
Kroger will double up to $ .50 at all three area locations (Grantline Road, State Street, Lewis & Clark) Grantline is a small store so it may not have as much selection. Lewis and Clark is very coupon friendly for the most part. They will also give you money back upto $ 5.00 or a store credit for over $ 5.00. They will accept all Catalinas.

At Meijer on Charlestown Road they will double 3 like coupons and will allow up to 5 of the same coupon used. You may stack with store coupons printed from the mealbox.
This makes sense. i shop at the Kroger on Charlestown Road so i dont know if they double. i never found anything in store or in their ads... Thanks for info. i appreciate it!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
I just called the kroger on lewis&clark (clarksville) and they do double coupons up to 50 cents and they do it everyday of the week, woohoo yeah!!!! The Jayc in Sellersburg DO NOT double and neither does the clarksville walmart.
The Following User Says Thank You to mellyn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 07:04 PM

lisapoulton has posted more than 1 good deal
If any you are interested in trading coupons please let me know. I have alot of coupons. I am seasoned in Floyd/Clark county area and a very active couponer and shopper. I can help you with which stores are more friendly towards coupons than others. If you are a Rite Aid shopper and use a lot of coupons avoid the Sellersburg store. They have their own twisted policy and are quite nasty and rude! I would like to start an exchange club in the Louisville metro area. I live in Sellersburg area.