Couponers For Free Products Unite!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 04:33 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Loving AFC Member

My Mood/Status:
Domestic DIY has posted more than 100 good deals!Domestic DIY has posted more than 100 good deals!
Help Sign Couponers for free products unite!

Both Walmart and Target are now refusing to take my coupons that would make their coupons free. Target I don't mind so much because they are easily avoidable, but Walmart just offers too many deals for free items with MQs. Their corporate website says that they will take any legitimate manufacturer coupon whether it be clipped from the newspaper, internet, or mailed, but the local Walmart (on Jefferson at least) refuses to take them no matter what. I'm sad that I'm loosing out on so many good deals.
I sent a letter to their corporate office and urge you to do the same! Here's a link to their coupon policy to print and take into the store: Walmartstores.com: Walmart Coupon Policy
and here's a link to send a message to corporate: Walmartstores.com: Feedback
Join me and we will win back our free items!!!

Here's what corporate sent me back:

Thank you for your message.

Dear Crystal,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the acceptance of coupons at Walmart. Our guidelines generally allow for the following types of coupons to be accepted:

- manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
- free merchandise (or manufacturer's Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
- store coupons
- internet coupons
- soft drink container caps

A salaried manager may refuse to accept a coupon if it does not meet certain criteria.

Coupon guidelines and limits include but are not limited to the following:

Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase. Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Walmart will not accept expired coupons or double/triple coupons. Internet coupons should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon_ and there should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and scannable bar code. Store Coupons must reflect a specific sale price or original price and must be available to all customers. For 'Free' merchandise coupons, customers will not receive cash back -- the cashier will adjust the value of the coupon to the actual retail of the item at the time of sale. In addition, only one coupon per item is permitted and use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by a Customer Service Manager.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

So basically even the corporate office says we have a right to use them. "A salaried manager may refuse to accept a coupon if it does not meet certain criteria." says that they can refuse them if they don't look legitimate not because they don't want to give us our free items. Hopefully this will be a win in our column. I'll keep you updated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Domestic DIY; 06-21-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Update
The Following User Says Thank You to Domestic DIY For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:56 PM

RE: Couponers for free products unite!

is missing her mom more than ever.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Fortunately, my Walmart is great with all coupons, including ones that give me free products and even overage.

Good luck in your quest.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 PM

I need a coupon for stress relief!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!momof2sweetkids has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My walmart is great also....Never had a problem with any coupon there. Sorry you are having trouble.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:48 PM

is living and loving life :)

My Mood/Status:
randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!randomequine has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I hear you!!!! I work/shop in Fort Wayne, and using coupons is like pulling teeth! They just don't understand how coupons work! However, I have found the Target over by Jefferson Pointe (Illinois Rd.) to be fairly coupon friendly......though I haven't attempted the "free after Q" there yet.......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

megbelle has posted more than 1 good deal
I don't think I've ever used a free product coupon, but my Target has always been fine about coupons. I've heard so many bad things about Wal-Mart that I don't even try to use coupons there.