HyVee Price Match At Walmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 04:28 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
kalesmom4 has posted more than 150 good deals!kalesmom4 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Help Sign HyVee price match at Walmart

I had found some good deals in the HyVee weekly ad this week and decided to take it with me to Wal-Mart to price match since I wanted to get the free snuggle today.
Every single item was cheaper at Wal-Mart! I couldn't believe it, I thought some of them might be cheaper but the tropicana, ragu, ham, cereal, and crackers were all cheaper or equal in price at full price than the HyVee ad.
Since I am newer to grocery couponing, I was wondering if this happens all the time? Does anyone have certain items they know will be a better deal at HyVee?
I'm trying to find out whether it's even worth doing the match up with the HyVee ad anymore.
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to kalesmom4 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 PM

RE: HyVee price match at Walmart

My Mood/Status:
goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
i didn't try match up but Wall Mart always seemed little to expensive,HyVee is only few blocks from my house,I'm very often there and i buy only what's on sale ....if you go often to Wall Mart and find stuff cheaper there, you don't have need for match up...Don't know about Wall Mart but HyVee has country fare sugar for .99c with in add coupon every couple months...
The Following User Says Thank You to goldie39 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!kmeiding has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would agree that Walmart's prices are often cheaper, but many times there are sales at HyVee that are better than Walmart. HyVee usually has better meat and produce so I shop at HyVee more than Walmart.
The Following User Says Thank You to kmeiding For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2009, 04:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
kalesmom4 has posted more than 150 good deals!kalesmom4 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I kind of do two types of shopping, one for stock up super cheap or free items, and the other for groceries we need: produce, fresh meat, etc and I also shop for my grandma. Whenever I can combine those into one trip is great, and I was just disappointed when the things I needed, juice, sauce, etc, where way more expensive on sale at HyVee than Wal-Mart at full price, especially because like you, I really like their meat, deli, produce a lot better.
I'm glad I found this website so I can learn about the deals everyone else is finding!
The Following User Says Thank You to kalesmom4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 01:10 PM

MomToEli has posted more than 5 good deals
Walmart here is usually cheaper than HyVee, as is Fareway, but not always. I find I like the produce best at HyVee, so that ends up being my anchor leg in the big grocery shopping relay.
The Following User Says Thank You to MomToEli For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Hmmm...yep I got a coupon for that!

My Mood/Status:
Schnicks99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Schnicks99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Schnicks99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Schnicks99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Schnicks99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Schnicks99 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We mostly go to HyVee for the stock up sales. Last weekend they had shredded cheese (HyVee brand) for 1.00 a bag...Walmart's brand (Great Value?) was 1.88 a bag. Same with Farmland sausage .99 @ HyVee and 1.48 reg @ Walmart. Our Walmart seems a little higher priced. I know when we go to other Super Walmarts they are usually cheaper then ours...but they are too far away to shop regularly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnicks99 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Save a life..Please consider being an organ donor

My Mood/Status:
chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!chipokae has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Let me start out by saying that I've been a loyal Hy-Vee shopper my whole adult life mainly b/c my mom has worked for them for almost 25 years. Hy-Vee tends to be more expensive on quite a few items than our Wal-Mart, but not on everything. Hy-Vee tends to by quite a bit more expensive on non-food items especially, and for those items, I will buy them at Wal-Mart.

I probably could save money if I did all of my shopping @ W.M., but I'm willing to pay a little extra for a clean store where the employees actually enjoy their jobs and provide excellent customer service.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mommy to 2 beautiful daughters: Amelia (1/31/08)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Adelynn (3/29/11)
, and 5 precocious kitties!
RIP to our sweet kitty Henrietta