Recycle Organizing

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 06:25 PM
looking for ways to save money!

My Mood/Status:
ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Recycle organizing

What do you reuse to organize your home?

I use those plastic clear containers that strawberries come in to store my ribbon scraps. Light weight and see through.

Also I use mayo jars (well washed) to send sweet tea to work with my DH. Light weight and holds just enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 PM

RE: Recycle organizing

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

debbieand1 has posted more than 10 good deals
I did a reset of the sheet department at Walmart and the cloth box they used was being discarded of so I asked if I could keep them and now I use them at home for organization in my closet and cabinets. It was great and did not cost anything.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:31 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!kalderete has posted more than 300 great deals!
Oh my gosh. So many ways... I, too, like the strawberry containers. I organize our junk drawer with those, but more recently have started a lot of my seeds for our garden in them. They are perfect because they are an automatic greenhouse with the lid kept on, and they already have drain holes in the bottoms.
Here are some other things I do:
-Glass pasta sauce jars for freezing some foods like beans, or sauces, or homemade pizza or spaghetti sauce, or broth. Sometimes I store dry goods in them--We shop at Winco in the bulk section for spices and baking goods.
-We compost fruit/veggie/egg shells
-Kid sized shoe boxes for various drawer organization and adult ones for closet storage.
-my favorite-the clothes hangers that have the pinch-things -- I cut them off with garden trimmers and use them as chip/bag clips in the kitchen - way stronger than the store-bought ones.
-Just saw a post on a blog last week about saving baby food jars to make your own mini candles in.
-Grocery bags get saved for bathroom trash bags.

I'll post back if I think of more. Great post, by the way. I love this kind of stuff!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
- Individual burrito store box. I asked the store for a couple boxes and use those in my own freezer to store individual burritos.
- Baby wipe containers. I use them to stockpile individual pens, pencils, markers, and index cards. A Sharpie marker to write what they are. Plus they stack nicely!
- Boot boxes and envelopes. I use 2 to organize coupons for the at home filings. They were Size 11 boots .
- Old diaper Mega boxes. I store kids books in them as mini portable book shelves. The kids love having the books in their room and I love they are organized. We design duck taped the sides the kids see.
- Old shoe boxes. I use for organizing kids art projects during the school year.
- Bankers boxes. I love that they collapse when I don't need them, but then can be assembled when I need them. Additional storage, hiding kids gifts, and there when we move. The ones I have now are about 12 years old.
- Clothes moving boxes. I re-use for winter clothes storage.
- Kids Baby hangers. When they outgrew those hangers we reused the small hangers for hanging jeans and slacks. Plus, you can hang it in the neck of a large hanger and set it out as an outfit.
- Grocery bags along with diaper wipe boxes that hold 6 to 10 wipe refill bags are bedroom trashcans. They also come in handy when someone gets sick in the middle of the night.
- Diaper Changing station. It has had 3 lives now... diaper changing station, kids shoe storage, and snack island.
- I reused some old kids items for stockpiling -- an old toy box for cereal stockpiling and one of the kids 9 bin organizers for stocking rice and pasta. Not the most efficient, but they keep the stuff off the ground and stack nicely.

Those are what I can think of for organization.
!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ahuddle has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Empty tissue boxes are great holders for the plastic grocery bags. Holds like 10 & you can toss in the trunk or beach bag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Crystal light containers are also great! Use for plastic silverware, buttons, & crackers.