Any Recommendations For Toy Storage?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
:)
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Does anyone have any suggestions / preferences for toy storage? I'm torn between bins, storage chests etc. Right now most of dd's toys are in 4 big baskets but it's not too effective. I really like the Storage Palooza big storage bins from land of nod but their expensive so I've been holding off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jaime; 01-01-2014 at 03:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaime For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 02:47 PM

RE: Any Recommendations for Toy Storage?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
My drug of choice "Coupons"

My Mood/Status:
cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
what kind of toys does dad have???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajungirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 03:09 PM

:)
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jaime has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
auto correct should have said dd I'll go fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaime For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:21 PM

Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm a big fan of bins myself. I like to keep "like" toys together, like hot wheels in one, Barbie dolls in another.

Dollar Tree has great choices right now for New Year's!
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following User Says Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I recommend bins of all sizes. Put like items together and put all the bins away up out of reach. Let your child ask for a certain bin. Get that bin out and let them play with it. When they are done, they can clean up that bin of toys, put them away, and move on to the next one. That is an ideal world. It helps keep things organized. And some kids can feel overwhelmed with too many things out. I went to a friend's house one time and it looked like a toy store. Overwhelming to me. As soon as my girls stop playing with something, we bless someone else with it. My girls are 12 and 13 now and don't have any of their "toys" anymore. Except for pillow pets. They still use them as pillows. But we do collect board games and card games. We are a big game family.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qrazy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 PM

Thriftstoremommy990 has posted more than 25 good deals
I used a large tote.
I have 2 and 3 year old dd's. I screwed four large screws into each corner of the tote and down into the floor.
My 3 year old thought it would be fun to dump all the toys out and trap my 2 year old inside the upside tote and sit on top of it.
We've tried all kinds of toy storage solutions. I pulled out a stuffed animal net I had when I was child and hung it up. It helps keep clutter out of the middle of the floor.
I also really like stacking bins. We have them all over the house. In the kitchen, we have 3. The top holds ziplocs, trash bags, etc. The middle holds grocery bags we save and reuse and the bottom I use for frying pans.
I also use christmas lights as night lights in my daughter's bedrooms. Everyday those lights become magical and inspire the girls to use their imagination. They tell me they're stars, fire flies, diamonds, fairies, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thriftstoremommy990 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2014, 07:44 PM

rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is out toy room/pantry. I like lots of different kinds of things. But my favorite thing is the blue drawers. It was a filing cabinets of sorts. I got it an a used office supply store for $10.00 and painted it. My kids keep all their action figures and my little ponies in it. I added casters to the bottom so it is easier to get to the water heater behind it. A friend of mine has the same one! He uses it in his garage. So I bet they are more common than you might think.

The big white and pink drawers have Doug and Melissa cooking toys, Legos and small trucks.

Hotwheels mr potatoe head and tiny figures are kept in the big animal cracker buckets. I love these because a. They are free! b. they have lids, c. They are clear. d. They are kinda square so they sit together in the shelf so nice. And e. They are super sturdy, great for all those race cars.
Also when I reward the kids with stickers I let them put their stickers in the animal cracker buckets.

Barbies and all their clothes could be kept in the big drawers, but we actually keep those under dd's bed in a large under bed storage container with a lid and wheels. She's able to handle it in her own.

We have a toy box in the family room. I used to try to keep I pretty empty so I could throw in everything when company showed up. But I recently started using it for blankets. So if you buy something for a toy box. Maybe get a big chest that you can use later for other things.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3835779212.jpg (74.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg image-957781748.jpg (71.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Funny, I've been searching for options really similar to that on amazon and wayfair. Here are some suggestions that have decent reviews and some are part of stackable systems.
Amazon.com - Sauder Pogo Bookcase/Footboard, Soft White Finish - Toy Box
Amazon.com: KidKraft Double Storage Unit - White: Toys & Games
Amazon.com: KidKraft Nantucket Storage Bench: Toys & Games
Amazon.com: Badger Basket Three Bin Storage Cubby - White: Toys & Games

And you'll see more similar options in "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section.

I was looking at this one Amazon.com: Badger Basket Shelf Storage Cubby with Three Baskets, Espresso: Baby b/c I'm thinking more of books instead of toys but it doesn't get fabulous reviews so I'm not sure if that's representative of all the Badger Basket products.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mrsdayday1188 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My 5 year old and newborn share a room so when we found out we were expecting space became a HUGE issue. We went to Target and got these cube organizers and the baskets....

ClosetMaid 9 Cube Organizer White : Target

They go on sale all the time for like $30 and it's well worth it in my opinion because it's a piece that can grow with the kids, in fact we bought one for our dining room not to long after buying the 2 kids ones.

For my son the like toys go into one basket and I made labels for each so he knows what goes where and it's helped with the clean up process!!! For the baby we use it for clothes instead of a dresser right now, so she has a basket for burp rags, one for pjs, one for pants, etc. It's also nice for my son to just take the whole basket into the living room to play then he cleans up and puts the basket back. I love them!

Want to be a WW/Buddy member? Post in 'Contact Us' for more info and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdayday1188 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 07:29 AM

rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdayday1188
My 5 year old and newborn share a room so when we found out we were expecting space became a HUGE issue. We went to Target and got these cube organizers and the baskets.... ClosetMaid 9 Cube Organizer White : Target They go on sale all the time for like $30 and it's well worth it in my opinion because it's a piece that can grow with the kids, in fact we bought one for our dining room not to long after buying the 2 kids ones. For my son the like toys go into one basket and I made labels for each so he knows what goes where and it's helped with the clean up process!!! For the baby we use it for clothes instead of a dresser right now, so she has a basket for burp rags, one for pjs, one for pants, etc. It's also nice for my son to just take the whole basket into the living room to play then he cleans up and puts the basket back. I love them!
We have those in the closets and in my daughters room. I love them! They are so versatile. Great suggestion.