Is There A Way To Organize....

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Brandy919 has posted more than 200 great deals!Brandy919 has posted more than 200 great deals!Brandy919 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Is there a way to organize....

Is there anyone out there whi can help me become organized in everyday life? I get behind, off track, messy desk, unfolded clothes, forgetful etc because I have no systems for life I supposed. There are things in life I wish to do and accomplish, but geez I forget about them as time goes on and then I worry one day I will pass and never have done something important to me and my family. I know I am scatter brained but how do I NOT be this way. I have tried making lists and guess what? I forget I made them for a bit then I remember or I lose them ...geez!
Just wondered if anyone has suggestions ....I am a work at home mom, my SO and I work together, family business, summer is our busiest time and we have a home with a large yard, 8 year old son, and SO has D type 2. I have high bp and keep forgetting to walk on the treadmill so I can get it better controlled ....help! Feeling like I'm sinking!

Always be the best you can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM

RE: Is there a way to organize....

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Arecibo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm no expert. but do you have calendar. I keep a paper one. do not like electronic ones. I write notes to myself all the time to help me remember to do things. If I remember something at work, I email myself from the work email to my personal email.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arecibo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2013, 12:45 PM

RE: Is there a way to organize....

My Mood/Status:
michieda has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michieda has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michieda has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michieda has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michieda has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!michieda has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
First off organization is personal in that what works for me might not work for you. If you have tried things and they haven't work it just means you have not found what works best for you, yet. Just keep playing around with different organizational methods until you find what fits you.

A few suggestions -

1) Keep it simple. pick 1-3 things you want to change ex walk on treadmill, do those few things until you have a routine/habit (about a month), then you can add in 1-3 new things to change

2) Pick an organization method you think might work - ideas include phone reminders, white board on fridge or wall, big calendar, list taped to your bathroom mirror or laptop or tv, etc. - basically find the place you are always looking and put your list/reminder there

3) set a specific time that works for the activity and make sure to actually do it at that time - no procrastination or doing something else first as it will get forgotten and remain undone

4) share what you want to change/accomplish with someone who can keep you accountable in a positive way - SO, family member, AFCers, etc.

HTH and good luck!