Bathroom Storage

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 10:41 AM
I love our happy little baby

My Mood/Status:
Meggslovesu has posted more than 200 great deals!Meggslovesu has posted more than 200 great deals!Meggslovesu has posted more than 200 great deals!
Bathroom storage

We recently moved to a new house but it doesn't have a linen closet or any kind of shelving/etc to store things. We are on a very limited budget. Does anyone have any ideas of reasonably priced shelving units that hold a lot or other ways to store all of our bathroom items? Thanks.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH, mother of a 8 yr old DD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, a 4 yr old DS
, and a brand new baby girl
. I love to
and save
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 07:28 PM

RE: Bathroom storage

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
shannondecell has posted more than 10 good deals
We have a small bathroom so we took advantage of the space behind the door and mounted a shoe rack to the wall. We roll up the towels and they fit perfectly. I also have an over the door shoe hanger that I use to put miscellaneous items in.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Livml has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We just moved in May 1. I'm addicted to the free section on Craigslist. I check it every day. You can g et tons of furniture or wood or IKEA type things. You can always paint what you get for a unique look or stain if its wood. I'm currently looking for the perfect sideboard / credenza for the dining room.

And when all else fails in a small space, use your vertical space.

Do I owe you feedback?
Please pm me to lmk.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggslovesu View Post
We recently moved to a new house but it doesn't have a linen closet or any kind of shelving/etc to store things. We are on a very limited budget. Does anyone have any ideas of reasonably priced shelving units that hold a lot or other ways to store all of our bathroom items? Thanks.
We have small bathrooms and closets so we use the cabinets/shelves that go over the toilet. You can get el cheapo ones or super nice ones. I also agree with PP about using the space behind the door if possible. If you have a garage, some shelving out there could also help, depending on what you need to store. Do you have a vanity or a wall mounted sink? If it's a wall mount, you can replace it with a vanity for a decent price (we got ours at Lowe's) to get some additional storage space.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AFullCup

Old 08-02-2013, 04:47 AM

My name is Valerie. Feel free to call me Val.

My Mood/Status:
xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!xpikch3rxframex has posted more than 400 great deals!
I use the space under the sink, the medicine cabinet (we have a fairly large one: two doors), and a rack that stands over the back of the toilet.

Under the sink, I use plastic bins to separate things that could get damaged from moisture. The top of the toilet rack has towels, the second shelf down has pads, and the shelf under that has toilet paper.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I live in an upstairs apartment and use the dishwasher since we eat with my parents in main house...be creative look for ideals on pinterest
The Following User Says Thank You to hotrodswife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 PM

Thriftstoremommy990 has posted more than 25 good deals
I bought a cheap 24 pocket shoe bag. I use the pockets to sort out who's hair things are who's, first aid supplies, nail polish, remover, etc. The bottom pockets are appointed to each child. They put their make up and jewelry in their very own pocket.
I found a couple cheap, wooden, antique cabinets at a thrift store I painted them and hung them in my bathroom. I put my perfume, jewelry and personal products, prescriptions and OTC drugs. They are hung high on the walls so little fingers can't reach them!

Last edited by Thriftstoremommy990; 01-12-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 AM

Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have the same issue! None of our bathrooms have closets/storage and are both pretty small. I use one of those plastic tall 4 drawer cabinets. The top two hold medicines, toothbrushes etc and the bottom two have our towels. You can buy them at Target/Walmart for $50 or less and often time can find them at thrift stores/garage sales.

Sometimes I wonder what home builders are thinking when they build homes. Our (Well my, DH sleeps in another room due to our sleep time differences) master bedroom us so huge I don't know what to do with it all and yet our bathroom barely fits a toilet, sink and tub. I mean why make a bathroom with no storage at all?!?

Last edited by Seirith; 01-14-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:08 PM

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
We are having a coat closet built in the laundry room. seriously we have five bedrooms, five bathrooms and no hall closet!!