Tide Pod Storage Question...?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

meganlove has posted more than 100 good deals!meganlove has posted more than 100 good deals!
Tide Pod storage question...?

I have so many bags of the 16 ct tide pods. I was wanting to open the bags & combine 2 bags into 1 so I have more room.. Yet I was worried if I dont use them for 6+ months or whatever, if they would possibly get moisture in the bags & ruin (from being on the shelf above the washer/dryer).

Any advice or has anyone tried this?
Atticus, due Sept 27.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 11:14 AM

RE: Tide Pod storage question...?

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I opened them and put them in a Metex (sports plastic jar with a lid)
The Following User Says Thank You to hotrodswife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 PM

marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!marycoupon879 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have a friends who opens at least 40 of these and puts them all in a large storage bin, it saves her a lot of space.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:55 AM

kellyccoupons has posted more than 10 good deals
They have to get pretty wet to dissolve, and even if they did I'd imagine you could always just scoop a bit out and use it (if worst came to worst, so it wouldn't be a total loss)
But, I imagine they'd be fine as long as you get most of the air out of the bag before sealing. Honestly, I'd just get a big tupperware or something and store them in that!
Old 12-13-2015, 08:21 AM

Aranda7892 has posted more than 25 good deals
I don't they will dissolve or anything. I've had some for awhile and they were perfectly fine. As others suggested I recommend a plastic container or jar.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:50 AM

Aaron's Mom

My Mood/Status:
Carravetta72 has posted more than 10 good deals
I have several bags of tide pods open on top of my washer/dryer in an unfinished basement and I've had no problems at all. My Tide sport pods have been open for at least 2 years and they look as they did on day one.

Fyi: I have so many open because everyone in the house likes different scents. As for the Tide Sport, I only use those during football and soccer season. I will not use it on day to day clothes because even though they do great on sweaty dirty uniforms I really can't stand the scent.