Aug. 30, 31, & Sept. 3: Daily Challenges To Keep Your Home Organized And Clean!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 AM
feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aug. 30, 31, & Sept. 3: Daily Challenges To Keep Your Home Organized and Clean!

Come on!!! This will be well worth it! Post and let us know when you have completed the challenge! Please click the "Thanks" tab at the bottom of this post if you are participating in today's task! I am watching to see how big the interest is for this kind of thread.

It's Thursday, and one day from a long holiday weekend! I am posting a three-day challenge today because many of us will be spending time with our families over the Labor Day weekend. If you feel ambitious, you can tackle all three 15 minute sessions today! Otherwise, you can do each challenge on the given day, and just reply to let us know when you complete each task!

Thursday, August 30: Today's challenge is to head out to your car/truck and spend 15 minutes removing all of the trash and clutter from the car interior. Be sure to take a trash bag with you so that you can fill it up and then throw it away and not bring it back into your house! You don't have to spot clean and detail your car today, just remove all of the items that are cluttering up this space! This shouldn't take long once you get started!

Friday, August 31: Today, I want you to head back out to your vehicle and declutter and clear out the trunk. Are you hauling around things in this space that you no longer need or that are still in there from last month's outing? Take these items out and put them away or toss them out! You will be so happy to have a clean, organized trunk again!

Monday, September 3: Happy Labor Day! Today's challenge is to declutter and clear out your vehicle's glove compartment and console storage areas. Get rid of all of the extra napkins, sauce packs, receipts, etc. that tend to clutter up these spaces! Keep only the items that are useful to you, such as vehicle registration papers, insurance info., first aid kit, pen/paper, kleenex, emergency cash, etc. You are on your way to becoming clutter-free!

Have an amazing weekend!

Set your timer for 15 minutes, and Go, go, go!!!

Newbies: Jump right in and join us! You are not behind!

*These daily challenges are taken from FlyLady.net. Just 15 minutes a day helps to keep the clutter away!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pchef3; 09-04-2012 at 04:34 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 05:33 AM

RE: Aug. 30, 31, & Sept. 3: Daily Challenges To Keep Your Home Organized and Clean!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
You must have known that I had a road trip with my youngest yesterday. Took him to a dr. appt that was about a round trip of 6 hours and I was too tired to gather the DD bags and throw them away when we got home.
Will go out there in a bit and gather it up.

The other challenges are already done. I have a mini van and I always keep my "trunk" cleaned out unless it's baseball/softball season. All 3 of the kids keep their bags & I keep my chair, blanket & umbrella in there just to make things easier on those busy days and I just cleaned out my 2 glove boxes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to Michael (14)
, Kaitlyn (10)
& Gabriel (8)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mkgmom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 AM

RE: Aug. 30, 31, & Sept. 3: Daily Challenges To Keep Your Home Organized and Clean!

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow, Rachel! That was a long trip in the car. I bet you are glad to be home today!

I am going to do my challenge this evening (after we get home from our errands/shopping). Otherwise, I would have to do it again after a day with two little ones in the car! Everyone have a great day!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 06:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mkgmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchef3 View Post
Wow, Rachel! That was a long trip in the car. I bet you are glad to be home today!
Definitely, especially since after an hour of being home we had to go to his fall ball practice. I had to go since DH, who got guilted into being the coach, appointed me Team Mom and this was our first practice.

Mom to Michael (14)
, Kaitlyn (10)
& Gabriel (8)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mkgmom For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:47 AM

rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm in. My cars not too bad but DH'a truck is another story.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:48 PM

coupon til u drop!!

My Mood/Status:
shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanesgal05 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We just naught a new car so it's clean! Now the old car is a different story but will work this weekend to finish clearing it all out
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Somehow I missed this thread today. This will make my DH happy b/c he calls my car a rolling landfill. Seriously, it's not that bad. But he doesn't even have one used paper napkin hiding in his side pockets. He has the luxury of getting out of his car with just himself and nothing else 90% of the time. I am getting two kids out of carseats, hauling my purse, diaper bag, the shoes the baby has wrestled out of and tossed overboard, whatever bags we picked up shopping or running errands, etc, etc. I am always leaving behind used napkins, hand wipes, snack wrappers, water bottles, mapquest printouts, ponytail holders and barrettes, and receipts scattered all over. Not to mention the toys that somehow never make it back into the toy basket between their carseats.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 PM

rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1
Somehow I missed this thread today. This will make my DH happy b/c he calls my car a rolling landfill. Seriously, it's not that bad. But he doesn't even have one used paper napkin hiding in his side pockets. He has the luxury of getting out of his car with just himself and nothing else 90% of the time. I am getting two kids out of carseats, hauling my purse, diaper bag, the shoes the baby has wrestled out of and tossed overboard, whatever bags we picked up shopping or running errands, etc, etc. I am always leaving behind used napkins, hand wipes, snack wrappers, water bottles, mapquest printouts, ponytail holders and barrettes, and receipts scattered all over. Not to mention the toys that somehow never make it back into the toy basket between their carseats.
You're do not alone. Lol
Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca6311 View Post
You're do not alone. Lol
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here on AFC!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 AM

its getting better everyday

My Mood/Status:
dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dkdorrell has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have wait to get a car again.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:51 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca6311 View Post
I'm in. My cars not too bad but DH'a truck is another story.
I'll have to say that it's the other way around in our house. I'm kind of like Sar1.... I haul the kids everywhere with me, and my DH keeps his truck pretty clean because it is usually just him going to work in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesgal05 View Post
We just naught a new car so it's clean! Now the old car is a different story but will work this weekend to finish clearing it all out
Ohhhh... I love that new car smell! Good luck on decluttering the other one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1 View Post
Oh, yeah!!! I can totally relate to this part! We need 20 extra arms to grab all the stuff that has to be left behind just so we can get the kids in the house!

The Following User Says Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
Alrighty! It's time to declutter your trunk space today!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 06:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Robbo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar1

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here on AFC!
Haha my DH says the same thing about my van, and it sounds like my exits are identical to yours! He doesn't understand... He gets out of his truck, collects his cup, napkins, saunters over to the trash can. Has a stretch. A big deep breath of fresh air. Walks calmly in the house...

I'm in, my van is trashed and I've been trying to will myself to do it for a couple weeks now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robbo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 07:29 AM

I love couponing!

CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I cleaned mine really good but it is ready for a quick straighten. I was just thinking this the other day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CouponKody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM

We got a new car in Dec. since then nobody is allowed out unless they take all their stuff with them and no food in the new car. Don't get me wrong. We have our moments. But I think I deserve at least one spot where everyone cleans up after themselves. Of course they drop it all in the entryway as soon as they walk in the door though
Old 08-31-2012, 02:10 PM

Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca6311
We got a new car in Dec. since then nobody is allowed out unless they take all their stuff with them and no food in the new car. Don't get me wrong. We have our moments. But I think I deserve at least one spot where everyone cleans up after themselves. Of course they drop it all in the entryway as soon as they walk in the door though
We put a trash can in the garage right near the entry to the mudroom. I've been getting dd to take some of her trash with her when we get out but it's a drop in the bucket.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 PM

paying off debt and organizing the home

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Super easy one for me!! I keep mine pretty clean all the time......very rare to get my car cluttered up!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 PM

Just checked my email. Thanks to the broncos win last night 50% off at pap johns online with code BRONCOS today only.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I will be doing all of these things tomorrow. My 4 kids will be helping too since there is no school.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clcm6 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
Double checked 2 of the challenges (trash and clean out trunk) for the mini van yesterday since we were picking friends up to bring along to youngest DS's birthday party.
All done by the kids since oldest DS was responsible for the stuff in the trunk and I just had the other two check for trash.

Mom to Michael (14)
, Kaitlyn (10)
& Gabriel (8)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkgmom For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!clcm6 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I didn't get to it today but ...I will be waiting at schools and bus stop tomorrow. I will do it then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clcm6 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 04:31 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
I hope your vehicles are looking better after these tasks!

Now, just try to grab your trash daily as you exit the car (I know this is hard for those of us who have little ones in car seats!). Making this space stay organized and uncluttered is a habit we can all work on! Hint: Sometimes I will keep several plastic grocery bags tucked in the back pocket of the driver's seat. It is easy to grab one of these, toss in all empty wrappers, cups, and trash. I can slip this over my arm before I let my little ones out, and then I just toss the bag of trash in our trashcan as we enter the house.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchef3
I hope your vehicles are looking better after these tasks!

Now, just try to grab your trash daily as you exit the car (I know this is hard for those of us who have little ones in car seats!). Making this space stay organized and uncluttered is a habit we can all work on! Hint: Sometimes I will keep several plastic grocery bags tucked in the back pocket of the driver's seat. It is easy to grab one of these, toss in all empty wrappers, cups, and trash. I can slip this over my arm before I let my little ones out, and then I just toss the bag of trash in our trashcan as we enter the house.
There should be a like button like on Facebook
Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 PM

I love couponing!

CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I-Will-Finish-This-Task (eventually!!!). Pchef3 it is staying on my list until it is done!
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponKody For This Useful Post: