Aug. 29: Daily Challenge To Keep Your Home Organized And Clean!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 AM
feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aug. 29: Daily Challenge To Keep Your Home Organized and Clean!

Come on!!! This will be well worth it! Post and let us know when you have completed the challenge! Please click the "Thanks" tab at the bottom of this post if you are participating in today's task! I am watching to see how big the interest is for this kind of thread.

Happy Hump Day to you! It's Wednesday, and today's task is a little different. I want you declutter pens/pencils throughout your house that no longer write or work. Yes, hit that junk drawer, catch-all basket, office drawers, kid's desk drawers, pencil tins, and all of the other spaces in your home where pens and pencils can be found! Grab a scrap piece of paper to test pens on, set your timer, and race the clock to see if you can go through each spot before time is up! Pop off the lids on those pens and toss the ones that no longer write well! If you have 20+ pens in one space, then get rid of all but the 5-10 that write the best.

You will find that you are much happier the next time you go to use a pen and it actually works and writes well! Let's get rid of the small stuff that is cluttering our homes! Your goal is to make your home a happy, organized place for your family!

Set your timer for 15 minutes, and Go, go, go!!!

Newbies: Jump right in and join us! You are not behind!

*These daily challenges are taken from FlyLady.net. Just 15 minutes a day helps to keep the clutter away!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pchef3; 08-31-2012 at 06:43 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 05:28 AM

RE: Aug. 29: Daily Challenge To Keep Your Home Organized and Clean!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
OMG you have no idea how much this will help/hurt me!!! I'm a HUGE pen thief - so we have TONS and I mean TONS of pens so of course some will stop working but also DH is notorious for chewing on them and biting off the little clip part and after that is broken I won't use them anymore. But it'll also hurt cuz I think I'm a pen hoarder. I'll report back with how many I part with.
Andrew, Mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following User Says Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 05:56 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydoly13 View Post
OMG you have no idea how much this will help/hurt me!!! I'm a HUGE pen thief - so we have TONS and I mean TONS of pens so of course some will stop working but also DH is notorious for chewing on them and biting off the little clip part and after that is broken I won't use them anymore. But it'll also hurt cuz I think I'm a pen hoarder. I'll report back with how many I part with.
I can't wait to see what your total number is that you part with, Jenni!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok willing to part with 15 - I've got 10 left in the livingroom (which is where I sit to write checks, grocery lists, rebates, etc, so I like to keep pens handy) also have half a dozen in the kitchen (gotta have pens in the kitchen) - I have two cute little pen holders to keep them handy/contained. I also kept 15-20 in the pen holder on the desk - some of them are "fancy" ones that have been gifts (need to get refills) and the others are just regular ones, but at the rate that DH destroys and/or loses them, I am justifying keeping that many.

But I'm still proud with thinning down by 15!!!!!
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
Old 08-29-2012, 06:33 AM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Having done this when I was packing to move, I can attest that it's actually a fun little task. Testing every pen and stray marker in a pile then seeing all the ones you can get rid of. The kids can help, too, but I did this once with my DH and apparently our standards for what "still works" means are vastly different. I think he was willing to part with two. I found another stash of pens, pencils, highlighters, etc recently in the office boxes when I was unpacking so I'll do those today and clean out the pencil cup on our fridge. We have one of the magnetic metal mesh cups and it slides down the fridge now b/c it's overloaded.
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
The problem at our house is that DH likes regular pens and I like gel pens, so I have to keep both kinds around. I did think to do the felt pens/highlighters, but I didn't do them - will try to do them later. Will be able to add to my number of throw aways, I'm sure.
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
smiley3def6 has posted more than 50 good deals
Task already completed (we just moved last month). So in place, I will go through the office/school supply stash and organize, since we've been going in and out of it for the past month
The Following User Says Thank You to smiley3def6 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2012, 04:36 PM

I love couponing!

CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm game!
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponKody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 07:23 AM

I love couponing!

CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I forgot to post that I threw out a total of 23 pens, pencils, broken crayons and markers.
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponKody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 07:33 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponKody View Post
I forgot to post that I threw out a total of 23 pens, pencils, broken crayons and markers.
Great job!