Homemaker's Haven

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
New Homemaker's Haven

Welcome to Homemaker's Haven!

A new corner of AFC to discuss making our homes a haven. Whether you are a housewife or working woman or somewhere in-between, our homes are our sanctuaries and your contributions make a difference.

This isn't about the perfect cleanliness represented in the magazines. It's about real-life home management in the middle of living.

You can see the old thread here, which is full of tips & ideas.

Please introduce yourself and join in our challenges & triumphs as we make our home a haven!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Colton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Reagan

Last edited by brieclark; 06-15-2014 at 09:19 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 PM

RE: Homemaker's Haven

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My name is Brie. I am married to a wonderful man who works his tail off taking care of us. I have 3 fantastic kiddos that are 9, 8, and 6. I have worked part-time for the last 4 years, but I have just "retired" and returned to being a SAHM.

We live in a rental home now, so my main focus is on cleanliness and organization. We completely remodeled our old house, so I'm okay with the break from painting, drywalling, flooring, etc.

My kids have a new chore chart that we just started a week ago. It's going well and helps me out a lot while teaching them responsibility. They can earn up to $2 each per week.

My favorite homemaking tips (thanks to cpht for some of these!) :

S&S (Swish the toilet brush with a dab of cleaner everyday and wipe counters everyday)
Do one load of laundry every day
Keep two sheet sets for every bed, so when you strip it you immediately remake it and put the freshly cleaned set in the linen closet
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good idea - hope this thread is as productive & lively as the previous one. Will introduce myself a little later.
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 06:37 AM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hello, I'm Janet, from Baltimore, MD. I'm a single mom of a 16 year old boy. Anthony is going into 10th grade, he is supposed to be going in 12th grade next year but unfortunately we had some set backs. He'll be doing Advanced Path to catch up and hopefully graduate in another year. I struggle with procrastination, and depression. It keeps me from being organized. I think my depression helps me to procrastinate. I'm getting better though.

I took a day off today, its the first day of summer break. I'm swimming with my son and nephew. But so far today:

Fresh fruit salad made
beds stripped
kitchen floor swept & mopped
bathrooms S&S done, floors swept & mopped
Now I'm off to the post office to drop off and school to pick up fall schedule

Then I'm coming home to soak up some rays
Have a great day everyone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 07:12 AM

boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!boysforme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good Morning! I'm Melanie from northern WI. I am married to my best friend for the last 22 years! He works very hard for us! We have 4 boys, 21, 19, 16, and 16. My 21 lives with his wonderful GF (with little talks of marriage so we'll see what the future brings ) My 19 is learning what NOT to do in life the hard way. This has been very hard on me and I am slowly learning to deal with it. Our twins will be juniors this year in HS I have always been a procrastinator. This site is helping me so much work through my issues and create the habits of cleaning everyday. When I fall off cleaning wagon, it's easier to get back on and start over!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boysforme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
What is one thing that desperately needs to be done at your home, but you've totally been avoiding it? Let's tackle that today!

For me, it's the shower in the master bath. It's white tile with white grout, and it gets pretty disgusting. We've even got that little pile of hair that you pull off the drain and toss aside. Just keepin' it real, folks!
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 08:08 AM

smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Stephanie from Independence MO. Married for 20 yrs this summer and have 3 kids - 20 year old daughter who just recently moved out on her own, and 2 17 year old sons who will be seniors in hs this year. We also have living with us one of the twin's best friend who got kicked out of his house last November. He will be leaving for boot camp Sept 5. All 3 boys have gf's that seem to always be at our house also. I am a huge procrastinator and never finish anything and my house shows it. I always have the greatest of intentions but never really follow thru with things. I work full time so while I'm at work I think about all the things that need to be done at home but when I'm at home I tell myself ...okay, I'll just sit here for 5 minutes to rest and then I'll get up and do (fill in the blank) and then 2 hours later its bedtime and I haven't moved from the couch. I also know I'm teaching the twins very bad habits because neither of them lift a hand to help out around the house.
I've never posted before but have always read and thought, man, I need to do that everyday. Hopefully with me posting, I will have the accountability and will get off my butt.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM

couponing browncoat

My Mood/Status:
amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
ok have gotten my stomache back up out of my shoes where it fell when I saw the thread was closed.
Hi my name is Amanda and I dont handle change well

I have run a load of dishes
hung up some clothes
and fixed a dresser drawer.
I am hoping I get to wash some laundry tonight while the inlaws are in town.
with this place being so small one bad day throws everything off.

Plus next Wednesday my son starts the getting ready for school summer school program. So I really need to be caught up!!!

wife to DH
,mom to DS
,keeper of a
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amandatockert For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sorry Amanda! Just trying to freshen things up.
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 12:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
I had a productive morning with the help of my kiddos:

Beds are made
DD6 cleaned kid bathroom (sink & toilet) with my help
DD6 emptied all small trashcans
DS8 swept the main floor
DS8 gathered all dirty laundry to the laundry room
DS9 watered the garden/plants
I fluffed & folded the load in the dryer
Put away kids clean clothes
Cleaned toilet in master
Scrubbed the previously mentioned master shower
Emptied sink of dirty dishes
Put chicken in crockpot to cook

When I get home, my list is:

Clean master bath sinks & counter
Put away mine & Husby's clean clothes
After dinner cleanup
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 04:07 PM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brieclark View Post
What is one thing that desperately needs to be done at your home, but you've totally been avoiding it? Let's tackle that today!

For me, it's the shower in the master bath. It's white tile with white grout, and it gets pretty disgusting. We've even got that little pile of hair that you pull off the drain and toss aside. Just keepin' it real, folks!

You mean the hair that you pick up with the very tips of your fingers and make a face while you're doing it, that hair. LOL My hair is slowly falling out so I've got that. My son shaved, yep shaved his eyebrows. OMGoodness.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 04:14 PM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
I got everything done that I wanted and needed to do early this morning. I've been in the sun and pool all day. I did do a load of laundry in between swims. I did go to Giant earlier too. Made dinner, steak on the grill (my dad would be proud - they were just right), salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. Yumm. Dinner clean up done. I think while I'm watching Andy Griffith I'll clean out the cabinet drawers.

Btw, my pool looks great, so proud that I did a good job closing last year. Hope it stays clear and chems stay just right all summer.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 06:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetlr1974

You mean the hair that you pick up with the very tips of your fingers and make a face while you're doing it, that hair. LOL My hair is slowly falling out so I've got that.
Or with your toes! Lol
, Colton
, & Reagan
Old 06-16-2014, 07:46 PM

andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!andrea044027 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I did all of my yard work this pm. Took about 2 hours. Took advantage of the cooler weather.

I love gardening. HATE yard work. They are not the same thing. :-)

Just me at my house.... I'm not very good at cleaning. I always end up organizing instead.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andrea044027 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 07:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
sorry 4 shorthand - right hand broke
SAHM w/ 4 month old baby
DH & I run a business that I also help with - trucking & cattle
just moved into new house 3.5 months ago
not very good at cleaning - procrastinate 2 much
like motivation from this thread
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
What?!? How did you break your hand, Jenni?
, Colton
, & Reagan
Old 06-16-2014, 09:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
was helping DH breeding some cows and one of them got where she wasn't supposed 2 B
she freaked out, kicked a pallet that was behind her - piece of wood flew off and hit my hand, broke the 3rd metacarpal (bone between middle finger & wrist).

so needless 2 say - my housekeeping and paying down of bills is once again derailed
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Ow, that sounds terribly painful! You should definitely focus on a proper recovery! The dust will keep.
, Colton
, & Reagan
Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by polydoly13 View Post
was helping DH breeding some cows and one of them got where she wasn't supposed 2 B
she freaked out, kicked a pallet that was behind her - piece of wood flew off and hit my hand, broke the 3rd metacarpal (bone between middle finger & wrist).

so needless 2 say - my housekeeping and paying down of bills is once again derailed
Ouch!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 AM

couponing browncoat

My Mood/Status:
amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!amandatockert has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Aww Jenni, sorry.
No laundry yesterday had to go to town to fax papers and get
Hubby knockoff dayquil.
Maybe today.
My major goal is a shower.

wife to DH
,mom to DS
,keeper of a
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amandatockert For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 07:13 AM

smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!smaustin has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Well, I thought posting here would make me want to clean when I get home at night but not so much. Last night I got home and since all kids were gone - I layed down and thought I'll just rest my eyes for a minute - that turned into a 2 hour nap. Dinner was frozen pizzas or leftovers - you make it yourself night. And then I went back to bed. I do feel very rested this morning though.

(maybe if I write down actual goals here, I can get something accomplished at night)

Goals for tonight:
Clean out litter box
Unload / Load dishwasher - Handwash extra dishes
Grocery Store - put away groceries (I'm horrible about leaving them on the cabinet)
Clean my room
My laundry - 1 load
Hubbys laundry - 1 load
Clean out fridges x2
Dump house trash (bathrooms, papers in the living room, etc)
Take out trash
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smaustin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
My antibiotics really did a number on my stomach last night, so the only thing I did was after-dinner cleanup.

We are headed out on a family hike today.

Before we left:

All beds got made
Dishwasher got emptied, refilled, and turned on
DS9 watered garden/plants
, Colton
, & Reagan
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
That looks like a good list, Stephanie! You can do it!
, Colton
, & Reagan
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
have roast in crockpot - started it late so might b tomorrows dinner

paid a couple bills - big mistake, now in tears and thoroughly depressed.

fed baby w/ bottle so that he'll accept one after my surgery

having a snack and going 2 do some tidying
Andrew, Mom to
(George),
Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM

aka Nadine -- Weis Market forum leader
Building my stockpile w/ great deals!

My Mood/Status:
roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!roygbiv has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandatockert View Post
My major goal is a shower.
LOL - me too! During the summer, the kids being home messes up my morning routine.
.......WAH Mommy to
DS (14) and
DD (12)

forum leader
...AFC is looking for Forum Leaders, check it out
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to roygbiv For This Useful Post: