31 Days Of Baby Stepping Through Flylady!!

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hot 31 Days of Baby Stepping Through Flylady!!

Ok everyone, you asked and I listened! Some of you feel like you've missed the boat, so I'm turning around and throwing out a rope and life vest! Don't worry, I'll slow this boat down when I get close.

There's no time like the present, so why not start today!

31 Days of Flylady Baby Steps

First thing on the agenda.....Shine your sink! I've even linked up the instructions to her site for you on how to do this, so no excuses!

Everyone, be sure to take a before and after picture, so you can post them to Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)! Let's cheer each other on! C'mon!! It's going to be fun!! Yes.....cleaning will all of a sudden, magically put a smile on your face. Just ask the others! Others.....tell them!!

Also......this is VERY important! No matter when you are reading this, you can start in whenever you're ready. Even if you are reading this post after it's been here for 6 months. Begin at the beginning and post your progress. Please come over to Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :), introduce yourself and feel free to ask questions or just to say hi along your flybaby journey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm Jennifer Happy Working Homemaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Who wants to join me in a OHC?

Last edited by brieclark; 01-05-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 AM

RE: 31 Days of Baby Stepping Through Flylady!!

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Day 1!!

Okey Dokey.....Here we go with Day 1 Shining the Sink!

For the purpose of authenticity....ahem....I left the kitchen a mess when I went to bed last night. Gasp! I know! I just wanted you all to know, I'm dedicated to walking through this journey with you and am feeling your pain. Let me tell you....I did NOT like walking down in my sleep fog early this morning, heading straight for the , to this mess! I was REALLY missing my nice clean kitchen to greet me this morning. If nothing else, I have definitely renewed and set in stone my motivation to get the kitchen in shape before I go to bed! Thank you all for that!

However, you guys can't leave me alone in this! Please don't tell me I've done this in vain! Nothing like a little guilt to get you all off this computer, iPhone, iPad, and go clean your sinks, huh?! Hey, whatever works! Let's go! Make those sinks shine! Then light a pretty candle or fix a pretty glass of whatever and sit down to celebrate! Go on!

Come back later and tell me how it went. Introduce yourself, and post your progress here: Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

Don't forget to take so you can share your before and after pictures. I'm leaving you mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (57.9 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (44.0 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (39.4 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.JPG (45.3 KB, 211 views)

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Title
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 11:47 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 2!!

Ok, we're off to a fantastic start! Remember be sure to clean your kitchen before bed tonight, then tomorrow Day 2.

Get dressed first thing in the morning. I've been slacking on this and waiting until after cleaning, after exercise....blah, blah, blah,....by the time I wait until after xxxxx the day is about over! So no more! I'm going to hop in that shower first thing in the morning. If I have to, I can always just hop in again later in the day and wash from the neck down and freshen up hair and makeup. No more excuses! Let's revive ourselves from the morning fog with a shower first thing in the morning.

Introduce yourself, and post your progress here: Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 3!!

Hello all!

Sounds like we are all off to a great running start! I hope you all continue with me into Day 3!!

Which is to just continue shining your sink, and getting dressed. To add on for Day 3, explore around Flylady. See all the things she has to offer. Check out the Big Tent. You can find all sorts of tricks and tid bits there.

Have fun, and enjoy the day!

Introduce yourself, and post your progress here: Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 4

Good Morning everyone! On to Day 4!!! Im so glad this challenge fell on Sunday, makes it a bit easier. You can just sit and relax while doing this one.

Starting your Control Journal. Basically this is just a list of the habits that you are already establishing.

When I first started this journey, I wrote my list down on a piece of paper. I have since advanced to the Cozi Calendar app. I LOOOVVEE this app. Best of all....it's free! So now my lists look more like the picture below. I just put all my daily lists for each week in, which took some time. Now I just hit the app, go to "To Do" click the day of the week, and start checking off! This app is stored on the front page of my phone for easy access. I use it every day. You can also hit the calendar and find out what the Daily Missions are that Flylady suggests. We'll get into those later, right now we are still baby steppin'.

So, I hope you all have a wonderful day and stop in to let me know how your "Control Journal" is going.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1-1.jpg (10.2 KB, 70 views)

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:02 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 5!!

Good morning everyone!! Ok, where is everyone? I know there were more people ready to hop in the boat that came by them! Did I take a turn too fast? Did anyone fall out? Stop in and say a quick and let me know if I need to turn around and throw out another !!

How are those Control Journals coming? I just love mine. No more deciding what to do for the day....it's all there ready and waiting to be checked off.

Onto Day 5....Today it's all about continuing to check off the things on my list, or my Control Journal, and remembering to pat myself on the back for the accomplishments that were made. Instead of being so hard on myself about the things that I didn't get done that I had hoped, I'm going to take a step back and look at what I did finish, and be happy about it!

To often I think, oh shoot! Grrrr! I didn't do this or that, but forget to look back on the day of the list of things I did. If I just had a bad day, no problem, I'm sure I can look back on the week, and find plenty to pat myself on the back about. Now matter how small the mundane, everyday things that are done may seem....they HAVE blessed me or my family.

So turn those negative thoughts into good ones and start fresh again today. You can do this!

Have a great day everyone!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Title
Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 6!!

Good Morning everyone!

Welcome to Day 6: Hot Spots

Good thing we are on this today, because I have them all over my house right now! Hot Spots are those places that things just get thrown and left and before you know it you have an awful cluttered mess!

I tell you what, these places pop up throughout my house so fast my head sometimes spins! So, today I'm really going to focus on adding this to my list and set my timer to work on them.

My worst hot spots are my night table next to my bed, and the office desk. Where are your worst hot spots?

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 7!!

Ok, seriously! I LOVE reading these threads sooo much, I've gotten sucked in again! DH gets home usually around lunch time. So I have always tried to get all my to do's done before then because I know once he gets home, I'm toast! We love to have lunch together, run errands or go to the Y, then watch our tivo'd shows, "American Pickers" "Ax Men" "Pawn stars" "AI" etc. and. Once I sit on the sofa w: laptop that's it! I'm done!

Lately, I've been spending lots of morning time here, so things are ok, but some things are slipping! So....in an effort to bring some balance back, I'm posting what I need tonight for tomorrow, then NO AFC for me until I get my list done tomorrow!! AFC will be my reward, and I just know if I put myself on AFC restriction, my house will be sparkling lightening fast!

That's my theory, we'll see how it goes. So tomorrow I'm practicing what I preach and prioritizing big time.

Just for fun.....what time do you all think I'll be able to get on? Any guesses? Just so you know....tomorrow includes the daily stuff, along with mopping all hardwoods, and yes....I'm behind on the laundry!

Now for tomorrow.....Day 7! I love this one! Lay out your clothes for tomorrow during your bedtime routine.

Well, I've adjusted this a bit for me. Bedtime routine is always REALLY hard for me. As I mentioned earlier, I'm toast after a certain time of day. So, thanks to a great suggestion from Dawn, I now will go ahead and pull out tomorrow's clothes while I'm getting dressed. One less thing to do later.

So, wether you do it within your Bedtime Routine or earlier in the day, be sure to set out your clothes for tomorrow sometime before you go to bed. I'm posting this today, but it's tomorrow's mission.

Tip: I also take a look at the calendar and weather before I do this, to make sure I'm pulling out the appropriate clothes.

Also, I'm c/p this excerpt from the Homemaking Chit Chat that I wrote on this subject:

-Check Calendar/Weather (See if you have anything planned for tomorrow, and what is expected for the weather....you'll see why in my next item )

-Lay out clothes (If it is one thing my DD and I both have learned is, this is HUGE!! By doing the above mentioned thing, we can set out the appropriate clothes (underwear, socks and shoes) and not be running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out what and wear everything is that we are going to wear!!)

Note: Also if it's calling for rain, be sure to have your umbrellas ready to go, where's everyone's coat? Do you know how long you or your kids stand in the closet deciding what to wear in the AM?! Especially you all that have to get the kids to school and yourselves to work.

Need motivation on this?....How about taking that extra 10 minutes that is normally wasted on searching for everything and staying in that nice warm bed??!! C'mon! What teenager, or yourselves for that matter wouldn't LOVE a few minutes of extra sleep?! Am I right?

Oh me!! I just feel like I now need to say...."Can I get an AMEN?!"

If that doesn't do it for you, how about just less stress, screaming and yelling, "You're going to miss the bus!!, We're going to be late! Mom! I can't find my sweater! or Where's my book bag?"

Which brings me to another note....During that 5 minute hot spot, have your kids get their book bags (with books and homework IN them , to the door or wherever you need them to be ready to grab and go).

Have a good night everyone, and I'll see you tomorrow after all my household duties are complete!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 8!!

Alright, posting tomorrow's goal last night worked out great for me. I need to practice what I preach and check my list off, before whittling time away on the computer in the mornings!

Day 8 Is making a notebook for your Control Journal.

I just have mine on my Cozi Calendar app. This works fine for me. You all need to find whatever works best for you to access your Control Journal easily.

You need to have a Basic Morning Routine page/section and a Bedtime Routine page/section.

We will be adding as we go along this journey.

Now give yourselves all a and take a bow! You have all completed a whole week of a brand new cleaning regimen. How does it feel so far? Can you feel the difference? Can you tell some stress has been relieved? Are others in the house taking notice? These are all questions I would love to hear answered from you all!

I'm so happy to be taking this journey along with you! It's been fun and I look forward to moving on.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Title
Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 9!!

Good Morning!

Sorry I've got to make this one real quick, I'll be back on later to chat about it further...

Day 9 Now, we begin to start adding de-cluttering into our routine.

Read Flylady's insight on decluttering here.

Talk to you all soon!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 10!!

Good Morning!

So sorry I was MIA yesterday! I had a full day at work yesterday, and just couldn't get on. So I'm going to just pick up again right here with Day 10 if that's ok with you all. If you have all moved on, just let me know and I'll post a catch up day as well.

Day 10 is about setting your timer for 15 minutes to work on something....like artmayer1's garage, or sar1's kitchen counter. Just 15 minutes....then stop and set your timer for 15 for yourself. Read a book, flip through a magazine, look at some recipes, just sit with your favorite beverage in a pretty glass cup, whatever you want to do. Then if you feel like you can, go set the timer for another 15 minutes and work on your project again.

I have had some disaster spots, that I absolutely would put off because the sight of it was so daunting. I tried the 15 minute idea on it and could not believe what was accomplished in such short time! Then the next 15 minutes don't seem near as bad. It's more for me about just getting the project going. Once that initial 15 minutes is over, it seems down hill from there.

So, did anyone move on, or is everyone still on the same page? How is it going with everyone? Are you enjoying the baby steps?

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 11!!

I'm going to go ahead and post Day 11 for you. Add an inspirational page to your Control Journal. I love to read inspirational passages!

How about this one:

My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor.
-Ecclesiastes 2:10b

I'd love to hear some inspirational quotes from you!

Have a a great day!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 03-13-2012, 04:02 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 12!!

Good Morning! Day 12!! Today's mission is to clear out all the Flylady emails in your inbox. Flylady says, not to worry because all the emails will come around again.

So, today I'm going to take the opportunity to clear all of those emails out along with lots of other emails. My inbox is ridiculously full. So, I plan to take 15 minutes to delete all the Flylady emails and also unsubscribe to a lot of emails. Too many to read, so I need to scale down.

How is everyone doing so far? Are you keeping your sinks clean? Laying your clothes out for tomorrow? Setting aside a few minutes to take care of those Hot Spots? Stop by and share.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Title
Old 03-13-2012, 07:03 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 13!!

I'm looking forward to getting a good night's sleep tonight, then getting on the ball tomorrow. The time change, along with to late nights at work really threw me for a loop the past two days. I am ready to hop up tomorrow and get to it!

So...moving on to Day 13! Here's where Kelly's Missions are incorporated into our routines. I can't wait to get back on track tomorrw!

Be sure to stop in and let me know which of Kelly's mission you took on.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 14!!

Ok everyone....moving on to Day 14!! I just love baby stepping through Flylady! She makes some days so easy, so that we don't get overwhelmed and have a chance to ease into our new routines. Today click on the link and read Kelly's essay on using a calendar. I know that a calendar is something that a lot of you are already working on. So on a head start.

For those of you who haven't, take your time and see what Kelly has to say about it.

Where's all the crowd participation? How have the baby steps changed your life so far? Are you loving it....hating it....anxious to build to...or feeling lost? Let me know if you need some encouragement or support!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2012, 03:30 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 15!!

Ok, Beginner BabySteps: Day 15 | FlyLady.netDay 15!!! Make your bed. This one is a nice and easy one to add to your morning routine.

So, here's what I want you to do....set your stop watch or look at your clock and GO! Make that bed, see how fast you can get it done. Then post later how long it took you. C'mon! It will be fun!

Then step back and look at how much better your bedroom looks with just a nice inviting, made up bed.

Have fun!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 16!!

Wow! Here we are on Day 16 already! Time is really flying by! Pun absolutely intended!

Today's mission is to go to your inbox to read one of the Flylady emails. Now I know that some of you have opted out of getting her emails. That's completely up to you. This is all about finding what works and inspires you. I do find that I enjoying the Morning Musings, so I may check out one of those.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Title
The Following User Says Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 05:19 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 17!!

Day 17!! I'm so glad this day is falling on a Sunday, because it's an easy one. Go to at a decent hour! It makes all the difference in the world to get a good night's rest.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:44 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 18

Well....here we are on DAY 18! Flylady has 11 Commandments. They are really good, so be sure to check it out. Nice, simple, basic, concise.....love it!

Today I've got to get things back in gear. While my house looks ok, it's not up to the standards I would like, so I'll be fine tuning during my routine today. Then burning some good smelly candles and crochet for a reward later. Can't wait!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:00 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 19!!

I'll be back later to respond to your posts, just wanted to pop in real quick to discuss Day 19!! Today Flylady shares an email.

This is a wonderful concept! Making our homes like a bed and breakfast. I mean really....don't we, as well as our families, deserve a home that feels like a bed and breakfast. We do spend our lives here, so shouldn't we love it, feel comforted, feel blessed, come home from work to a haven, rather than thinking work is better then the chaos we just walked into? I don't want to feel like I need an escape....I want to feel as if my home IS my escape, my haven. Don't you? We can do this! We can do simple daily steps to get there. No, it won't happen over night, but you can make your home welcoming, comforting, and a joy to be in. It just takes time, and determination to keep a spot clean once you've gone to the trouble to clean it.

Remember....It's much easier to keep a house clean, then to clean a dirty house!

Have a great day everyone, and when you are feeling less then motivated, remember how good it feels to come down to a clean kitchen with the coffee pot all ready for you, or how nice it is to just slip right into that nice freshly made bed after a long day, or in the morning not having to run around frantically to find what you are going to wear, because you took 5 measly little minutes to set out your complete outfit.

Stop in and tell me what you are going to/or did do today to make your home like a bed and breakfast. I'm off to do my list now, I'll stop in later to see what you all did today.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Title
Old 03-21-2012, 03:10 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 20...

Moving on.....Day 20!!!Duh...Duh...Duuuuhhhh........Tackling what Flylady calls....Mt. Washmore!!!

Incorporating laundry into our daily routines is the goal for today. I am on a constant roller coaster ride with this one. Diligent...Slacking....Diligent....Slacking....Ugh ! I gotta get off this ride! One load a day is not bad at all, until I end up washing, drying, then leaving them unfolded in a basket. Why do I do this to myself? Seriously, it's not that hard to fold and put away one load, but I continue to end up with 3-4 loads of clean clothes to put away, which ends up more wrinkly = more work! Can we say...."Coo Coo?!" So today I will NO MATTER WHAT....not go to bed tonight before I have washed, dried, put away one load as well as the previous clean load as well! There! I said it! I mean it! It will be done!

Does pumping yourself up help you all? Hmmm....My have to try this approach more often.

Also, how's you Bed and Breakfasts coming along? Are you seeing it yet? Are others in you family seeing it yet? Do tell!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:37 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 21!!

Good Morning everyone!

So.......how did everyone do on tackling Mt. Washmore? Did I scare everyone off?
I hope not! I for one feel GRRRRReaat, that I don't have a Mt. of clean unfolded clothes staring at me right now! I still have some catching up to do on the clothes I need to steam, but 15 minute steam sessions, should tackle it in no time. Right after this post, I will begin my one load of wash for today. Ahhh.....

Moving on......Day 21!!! Have you noticed yet how after a tough routine add on, that the next one is pretty easy? Flylady is so good that way, isn't she? Today is about asking questions. Do you have a question you would like to ask? I'm sure that your question is not as unusual as you think. It may have already been answered. Go check out the link to see the great answers Flylady has given out.

Or, ask away here. I'm certainly no expert.....I've learned everything I know pretty much from the Flylady herself, but I'll be glad to help if I can. Anything you are struggling with? Need suggestions, or want to see if there's an easier way to do/handle something? Ask away! Maybe someone else here is having the same cleaning conundrum. Even better....have you discovered some great tip you would like to share so far in the daily routines to make things easier? Do share!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Title
Old 03-23-2012, 05:03 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 22!!

Now for Day 22!! Another easy day today, which is great since it's Friday! I like for my Friday's to be easy, so that one quick dash of cleaning and the ease of the weekend can begin.

Today, work on your Control Journal, fine tune it. Sar1, today is a perfect time to go back and read what you needed a refresher on, although I like what you are using your 2, 5, and 15 for.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following User Says Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 06:02 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 23!!

Sorry for the quick post....Day 23...

Control Journal, Step 4: Morning Routine | FlyLady.net

Afternoon routine for your control journal.

Have a good day, gotta run for now.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 03-25-2012, 05:39 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Day 24!!

Good Morning everyone!

Today we begin my favorite daily routine....Day 24!! Swish & Swipe....or as some here on AFC lovingly refer to as Swish & Stir! This still just cracks me up.

Swish & Swipe is the swishing of the toilet and swiping down the bathroom counter tops daily. The first time I read this on Flylady I thought , cleaning the toilets everyday?! However, I thought.....ok.....I'll give it a try. This is now my favorite thing! Not because I just enjoy cleaning the toilets, but because I LOVE never, ever, ever having a nasty one. I never have to worry about someone going into my bathroom and thinking....when was the last time I cleaned it? Or, when me or one of my family members is sick, we at least have a clean (as clean as toilets can get anyway), to get sick in.

If those two things don't convince you then, just try timing yourself. Set the timer and see how fast you can S&S. I can do 3 toilets (DD does her own) in 5 minutes, and they are on three different levels. If you don't want to do them all at once, just go to each one once during the day when you need a visit and do it when your finished.

I alter my S&S a bit from Flylady though. I don't have a bunch of stuff on my bathroom counters, and since we always wipe out our sinks after each use, I just clean my counter tops once a week after I clean the mirrors. So, my S&S is swishing the toilet out and swiping the tank, lids (top and bottom) and rim. Rim to floor gets done once a month with the Zone cleaning, unless I just see something that needs immediate attention.

As for the toilet brush.....I keep one of those all in one containers that the toilet brush goes into. I squirt whatever stockpiled soap I have on hand. I've used shampoo, Men's Nivea Body Wash, and even dish soap. Then I just fill the container with water and swish it around. Change/fill when necessary.

I hope this daily mission doesn't scare you all off! Give it a try. I bet you will love have a nice clean toilet and counter top everyday. What do you all think? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this one!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Last edited by cpht; 04-02-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Title
Closed Thread