Homemaking Tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 11:38 AM

RE: Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know if you wet a sponge and put it the microwave it will help loosen the grim. Someone else might have a better idea though.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliHoov View Post
I dried and folded a load of laundry before work today still out the door by 6:00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfordawn1983 View Post
Morning everyone! So far this morning I have started shining my bathroom sink, unloaded the dishwasher and started a load of laundry. Oh and got dressed. Can't forget that! LOL

A good example is rice. You can cook a whole box of rice at one time but it takes the same amount of time to cook as your normal serving. Then you can pack the extra up, throw it in the freezer and reheat it later!
Great job, Dawn! Ok, these are the tidbits of information that I'm dying to learn from you all...love this rice idea. Now, how do you reheat it to be as nice and fluffy as the day you made it? Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchef3 View Post
Woo-hoo, Alli! I am actually cleaning my sink this morning, so tomorrow I hope to be waking up to a shiny and spotless sink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyw05 View Post
I want to say the clean toilet thing I got into that when pregnant with my first for that exact reason of getting sick!! No way did I wanna stick my head in a dirty toilet ... I was sick from 2 month through the very last day !!! I cleaned our toilets minimum 3 times a day !!! Now it's just once
Yep, nothing like a clean toilet when your sick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcieB View Post
Morning Great job guys, I love all the motivation. I am with Jennifer and let AFC be my reward I am about to reboot laundry and Swish and Swipe, be back in a few
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstover0426 View Post
OK so far this am I have cleaned the other side of the double sink I started last night!! I'm going to clean the cabinet doors after DS goes to school...blah I'm not looking forward to this!
Don't burn yourself out! Set your timer and get as much done as you can in 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchef3 View Post
I just changed the sheets on my bed and have the others ready to go in the washer once my kids wake up! I'm showered, dressed, and ready for the day! Feels so good...
Yipee!!!

Quote:
Good job ladies! I have added folding 2 more loads of laundry to my done list for the day. Time for me to go finish my bathroom sink then start dinner.
Awesome Dawn! I saw on Tazzy's corner you were done for the day, and I think that's awesome!! Now sit, and focus on what you have done, not on what's left. Doesn't it look fantastic? There's your reward, enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmillerSC View Post
ok. So this morning i got up and did my regular morning things....change and feed my little one, pack fiance's breakfast and lunch, and took my mom to work. Came back home and I've cleaned my kitchen (late night eating after school last night), and cleaned up my den. This is GREAT motivation for me!!! Keep up the great work ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyw05 View Post
Showered and dressed, one kid off to school, boys fed, laundry going, dinner in the crock pot, tubs filled with bleach water soaking, about to finish the bathrooms and get ds ready for preschool and clean the rest of the house (been sick ready to get back on schedule) Also I found more stuff to trash/sell/donate so right now 328 items of my 2012 to get rid of
Wow! You are doing amazing on your decluttering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z and G's Mom View Post
Thanks to Jennifer, I started the Fly Lady routine about 8-9 months ago. My personal favorite part is the 27-fling boogie!

I quickly found that I couldn't keep up with the actual Fly Lady schedule so I adapted it to fit my family's lifestyle.
Thanks for sharing your schedule! That's the beauty of this, you can fit and adjust it to your family's needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstover0426 View Post
holy cow...I haven't even gotten out of my pj's I have cleaned the bathrooms, scrubbed the cabinets and kitchen floor, took down and cleaned the shower curtains, vacuumed, cleaned the toy room and cleaned the mirrors! i thought I kept this house clean until I got down on my hands and knees ! Talk about a motivating thread
You're doing awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominochic View Post
Ooops - sorry! Your screen names are too similar You have great ideas, too
No problem! Thank you!

Quote:
I am feeling so motivated! I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours shining my sink (yay!). It looks better than I have ever seen it! My husband already owned this house when we started dating and I moved in once we were married 4 years ago. It needed this SO BAD!

I also deep cleaned the main floor bathroom. I scrubbed the tub (first filled it with water & 3 cups of bleach and let it sit for an hour - just like the kitchen sink, and then scrubbed it down), I swept and mopped the floor, scrubbed the ENTIRE toilet (not just the bowl), scrubbed the sink, washed down the countertops, cabinet, and vanity, floorboards, walls, plugs/outlets/light switch, washed the mirror, and I cleaned out & organized all of the drawers and cabinets. I threw out an entire garbage bag of trash and junk. I have bathroom towels washing now. I am feeling so accomplished. Once it's my kid's naptime, I'm going to try and get the upstairs bathroom done and all of the laundry folded.

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the motivation, ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane66 View Post

You would not believe how much crap a 13 year old girl can fit into a 12 by 12 room Her motivation to clean is a garage sale to make money to buy new bedroom furniture for her. Seems to be working so far

Thanks for some great ideas - love love love waking up to a clean kitchen!
I know what you mean!! Great motivation for your DD!! Way to go!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm Jennifer Happy Working Homemaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Who wants to join me in a OHC?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Happy New Year!

My Mood/Status:
crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I clean my microwave by putting some vinegar in a bowl of water and heating it up in there. Let the steam do the work.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to crosscountrysoccermom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:43 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
To reheat your rice what I do is take it out of the freezer in the morning and move it to the fridge. Then about an hour before your dinner is ready put it out on the counter. It will be room temp. Dump it into a bowl. Depending on how much water that thawed you may want to add a tablespoon or 2 of rice. Cover with a moist paper towel and microwave on half power stirring every 30 seconds or so. During the heating process you may have to add more water but just keep an eye on it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Go Brook Go
Lol - thanks! You know, I think I tricked myself into thinking I was a clean person. I'm really not - I'm a terribly messy person who is good at hiding my messes in closets and behind closed doors. But I want to change that. I hope by January 2013 I will be. It seems so overwhelming right now. I feel like I need to clean everything today, and the more cleaning I do the more I realize how dirty I let things get and how much there is still to do. Once day at a time! A year from now I am determined to really, truly be a clean person My goal is to have a home that someone could knock on my door at any moment and I could feel comfortable letting them in, letting them use my bathroom, and open any door and not be embarrassed of what they might see.
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (7 years) and Grayden (4 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:51 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use plain old water in my microwave. Nuke it until it boils and then let it sit in there with the door closed for about 2-3 minutes. Wipe clean with a paper towel.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Lol - thanks! You know, I think I tricked myself into thinking I was a clean person. I'm really not - I'm a terribly messy person who is good at hiding my messes in closets and behind closed doors. But I want to change that. I hope by January 2013 I will be. It seems so overwhelming right now. I feel like I need to clean everything today, and the more cleaning I do the more I realize how dirty I let things get and how much there is still to do. Once day at a time! A year from now I am determined to really, truly be a clean person My goal is to have a home that someone could knock on my door at any moment and I could feel comfortable letting them in, letting them use my bathroom, and open any door and not be embarrassed of what they might see.
You will be, I am sure. Right now it is taking small steps and creating habits. Don't overwhelm yourself by doing so much at first. You will burn out too quickly. Start with a room a day and set a timer for 15 minutes. Before you know it you will have a house that you wouldn't mind if the President stepped into .
with three wonderful princesses Corynn (18)
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

AFC is looking for Forum Leaders

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
You will be, I am sure. Right now it is taking small steps and creating habits. Don't overwhelm yourself by doing so much at first. You will burn out too quickly. Start with a room a day and set a timer for 15 minutes. Before you know it you will have a house that you wouldn't mind if the President stepped into .
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the microwave cleaning ideas
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (7 years) and Grayden (4 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok, sounds like everyone is having a great day, and enjoying the thread. I can't tell you how thrilled I am!

Just remember, it's easy to get excited and overdo only to crash a burn! Be sure you are deciding what things you can do daily, and break the rest of your needs down within the week. This way your house looks great everyday because you are not too tired and burned out from the day before!

Good job to those who woke up to a clean kitchen today!! Remember how good that felt to walk into, ingrain it in your brain, use that as your motivation when you REALLY don't want to do it before bed!! Believe me that night will come.

I usually have to wind down after work at night, so I suspect I'll be getting on here. I plan to share a little more of my schedule.

Flylady does a home blessing hour (I'll let you read about it on her site if you want) usually on Mondays. This is basically setting a timer and doing 7 things she has listed for like 10 minutes each, for ex: dusting, empty garbage cans, clean mirrors, etc. I just can't do a list like that in one day, because of have other things that I find I need to do on a daily basis, and it becomes too much for one day. So, I have taken that list and assigned those things to specific days of the week.

So, when I start sharing my specific daily schedule it includes those things too. Also, each week you are in a certain room/zone. This week happens to be the main bathroom and one other room. Usually I just do whatever the daily mission is for the day in all bathrooms instead of just one. Otherwise my other bathrooms I know would just suffer.

Another note: I am a list person! I do so much better when I literally check off a list. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. So on my iphone I have the "Cozi Calendar" App. They have a feature that you can download the flylady schedule/zones right onto the calendar. So you can pull up the day, and it will tell you what the daily mission is. It also has a "To Do" feature so that you can make daily lists for each day of the week, and do this for each of your family members. My DD can pull up her personal list on her itouch and check it off too.

I'll attach a picture of what it looks like to give you a better idea. If you don't have a smart phone, or the app, no worries just make out a to do list and check it off. It really helps you see how much you have really done.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies, and keep up the good work!! Pat yourselves on the back for a job well done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (10.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (10.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (10.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1-1.jpg (10.2 KB, 41 views)

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am a huge list person also. Can't live without them. I don't use the app, just pen and paper and I conveniently leave it on hubby's desk everyday so he can see what I accomplished. Don't want him thinking I sit around all day eating bob bon's and watching "stories"
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
To reheat your rice what I do is take it out of the freezer in the morning and move it to the fridge. Then about an hour before your dinner is ready put it out on the counter. It will be room temp. Dump it into a bowl. Depending on how much water that thawed you may want to add a tablespoon or 2 of rice. Cover with a moist paper towel and microwave on half power stirring every 30 seconds or so. During the heating process you may have to add more water but just keep an eye on it.
Got it, thank you!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:12 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I am a huge list person also. Can't live without them. I don't use the app, just pen and paper and I conveniently leave it on hubby's desk everyday so he can see what I accomplished. Don't want him thinking I sit around all day eating bob bon's and watching "stories"
LOVE IT!!!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:24 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Another tip for dinners that will save you some time, when cooking pasta go ahead and cook the whole box. Works that same way as the rice. Takes the same amount of time to cook as I serving. Then you can take the cooked pasta and put it in ziploc bags and throw it in the freezer. When you are ready to use it, pull it out the freezer and drop the pasta in boiling water for 1-2 minutes to heat it up!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Great tip, Dawn!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Ok, reward time over. I've got two more little things I want to do before I have to change for work and head out.

Talk to you all later!

If any of you think of another homemaking topic/questions to talk about in addition to our schedules, let's hear it!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Morning everyone! What's on everyone's list today?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Good Morning Dawn!! Already got DH's breakfast done, dog fed & let out, my one load of clothes washing, and sitting down with a cup of coffee and some AFC to get me going.

Posting my agenda for today in just a bit. How about you?

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
I have no idea yet. I went out with a friend last night and came home to find that my nice shiny kitchen sink had water spots all over it. LOL This is going to be my problem with my housework and what is going to get me discouraged very quickly. When I told DH how much time it took me to clean the kitchen sink he just rolled his eyes and said smart comment about how other things in the house were more important than a sink.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Dawn...I say shake it off!! Don't let his comment discourage you! You can look at that sink and see how it blessed your home. Just wet it and wipe it and the spots will be gone. Sometimes our family members don't see the same things we do as important. It's just how we are made. This was a HARD lesson for me. I had to remember that I decided to take the flylady journey, they didn't.

I decided it just wasn't worth it for me to get so bent out of shape about those type of things. I had to look at myself too, and see that I had that same attitude towards things he did feel was important. Keep letting the cleaning spread and something will get his attention I'm sure and put a smile on his face. A change will be seen in your home, it won't be able to be missed. As my grandma used to say the "Proofs in the Puddin!"

I learned to pick my battles, and not wiping the sink out after every use would definitely not be one of mine. That's just me. Don't give up! Even if you feel others don't appreciate it, it IS blessing your home, your family, and YOU!! Keep your chin up ok?

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks Jennifer! I didn't point it out to him last night when I got home. It will get better, I know.

Trying to motivate myself to get dressed this morning. LOL Got to check the FlyLady site and see what is on the plan today.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM

n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I just wanted to say thank you! Between this thread and the "Frugal" thread I got alot accomplished yesterday. I even got a "Wow, the kitchen looks amazing" from my SO.

Many shiny sinks across America now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to n2sweeps For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:46 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Ok..Here's what is on my agenda today:

Morning Routine:

-Devotional (sometimes I just pray while I'm cleaning too...Have you guys ever read Prayer Walk? It's about a lady who walks every morning, and has her private prayer time with God while doing it. So, I started prayer cleaning. )

-Let dog out/check bowls: check

-Empty Dishwasher/Clean kitchen (from breakfast, and I sweep the floor into the family room since I will be vacuuming soon)

-What's for dinner (this is where I make sure that I have something thawed or set something out, so I at least know what's the main element)

-Get Dressed

-Make bed (I got up a few minutes before DH, so I have to go back to do that)

-Swish & Swipe 3 toilets (I still get tickled about Vicki's Swish & Stir post!! )

Afternoon Routine: (I just jump right into this if I get done with AM routine before afternoon)

-Complete one load of laundry (already washing now)

-Vacuum for 15 minutes (By doing 15 minutes M-F my three levels, including 2 stairwells, get vacuumed twice a week. My family room is done daily, it just makes the hub of our home seems clean all the time. Saturday & Sunday is family room only, it take 2 minutes!)

-Flylady Daily Mission (We're in the bathroom and one other room this week)

-Declutter Current Zone for 15 minutes

-Home Blessing: Clean purse

*Let me give a BRIEF explanation on what a Home Blessing is. Flylady does one hour of what she calls a Home Blessing. She lists it to do on Monday's, set your timer for 7 minutes for each thing do what you can in that time, then move on. She says that you can do that once a week or split it up during the week. That's what I do. I just picked the best days to add in each item into my everyday tasks. Be sure to put the harder ones on your easier/shorter days, so any one day is not out of this world hard! Oh, and I also squeezed these in on M-F, not Sat. & Sun. I leave the weekend for my absolute necessities only.

Here's the list:
Vacuum
Dust
Mop
Polish Mirrors and Doors
Purge magazines
Change Sheets
Empty all trash

-Dinner Prep

Bedtime Routine:
-Shine Sink

-5 minute hot spot (you can read about this on Flylady, basically just picking up things that you sat down and need to go back into proper place, and/or getting keys purse ready and waiting for next day if plans)

-Check Calendar/Weather (See if you have anything planned for tomorrow, and what is expected for the weather....you'll see why in my next item )

-Lay out clothes (If it is one thing my DD and I both have learned is, this is HUGE!! By doing the above mentioned thing, we can set out the appropriate clothes (underwear, socks and shoes) and not be running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to figure out what and wear everything is that we are going to wear!!)

Note: Also if it's calling for rain, be sure to have your umbrellas ready to go, where's everyone's coat? Do you know how long you or your kids stand in the closet deciding what to wear in the AM?! Especially you all that have to get the kids to school and yourselves to work.

Need motivation on this?....How about taking that extra 10 minutes that is normally wasted on searching for everything and staying in that nice warm bed??!! C'mon! What teenager, or yourselves for that matter wouldn't LOVE a few minutes of extra sleep?! Am I right?

Oh me!! I just feel like I now need to say...."Can I get an AMEN?!"

If that doesn't do it for you, how about just less stress, screaming and yelling, "You're going to miss the bus!!, We're going to be late! Mom! I can't find my sweater! or Where's my book bag?"

Which brings me to another note....During that 5 minute hot spot, have your kids get their book bags (with books and homework IN them , to the door or wherever you need them to be ready to grab and go).

Moving on to last, but not least....

-Brush teeth/floss, wash face (I used to be really bad about going to bed before washing my face, but now that I'm in the habit, it feels so much better! I can't even lay my head on the pillow with makeup on anymore, it just doesn't feel good! Also, this has gotten my DD in a wonderful habit to carry on into adulthood)

OK, I think that's it for today. I hope I've given you all some great tips and motivation! Remember a little at a time goes a LOOONNGGG way! Don't get burned out.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 AM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
Good Morning Jennifer Hmmmm, your list looks very familiar I have mine a little tweaked but the big things are the same.

I swish and stirred, made the bed, rebooted laundry, got the kids off to school.

Dinner is easy, we have Pizza every Friday

I am in the same zone room as you, the bathroom. Today is baseboards.

Today I need to vacuum the living room/hallway. Dust and declutter for 15 mins.

Friday I try to do a little more than usual so I can take Saturdays and Sundays off from any major cleaning. I still do my morning routines but nothing heavy on the weekend. That is family time.
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 AM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
Right now is coffee and AFC time
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Looks like a lot Jennifer but I bet it only takes about an hour total for all of that.

I have managed to get myself dressed this morning, start a load of laundry and fold and put away a load. I also took hamburger out of the freezer to thaw for dinner tonight. Got to go check the dishwasher. Then IDK what's next. I'll go check the flylady site and see!
Closed Thread