Homemaking Tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 06:20 PM

RE: Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

loves to crochet
nana to Karson & Kaiden

My Mood/Status:
vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I made dinner, we ate then I heard clattering in the kitchen. DH was cleaning up after dinner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vicki518 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow cleaning the toilets daily?!? I better get on it !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is full for now, but PM me if you'd like to hop on in March!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AlliHoov For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:57 PM

loves to crochet
nana to Karson & Kaiden

My Mood/Status:
vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vicki518 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yea, I need to find out about the swish & stir or whatever Jennifer called it

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vicki518 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 PM

AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AlliHoov has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well I washed bottles and shined my sink. Just threw a load of laundry in (I usually do a load a day). I figure that's pretty good for working full time, part time single parent (hubs works offshore... Gone 21 days at a time) and DS has a different therapy every day after I get off work
Starting this summer I will be able to get on an awesome cleaning schedule! I can't wait! But I'll be here reading and getting ideas and encouraging and celebrating with all of y'all!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AlliHoov For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 PM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki518 View Post
Swish and Swipe, basically you "swish" clean the toilet with a toilet brush and "swipe" the counters and mirrors every morning. Quick and easy way to to keep the bathroom shiny
with three wonderful princesses Corynn (18)
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

AFC is looking for Forum Leaders

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstover0426 View Post
ohh this is fun! I am a stay at home mom now as of this past summer and the only thing I have got on a schedule is washing sheets on Wednesdays! I love to see what the ideas will be!
I take off our sheets on Thursdays. I have found that it helps me to have at two sets of sheets for each bed. That way I can rip off and immediately put a fresh set right on without having to wait for them to wash and dry. By the time next week rolls around, the other set has been washed, dried, and folded. All ready to put on.

Yeah, family room gets done every day no matter what. As for the rest of my house, I set my timer for 15 minutes and vacuum daily. We have a dog that sheds so, it must be done. Today I got all of my main level done, all of the upstairs, the dog bed and still had almost two minutes to spare. I figured I would save the two stair wells and the basement for another day, been sickly for a couple of days.

As for mopping, I hate this too. But...I got a shark steam mop and just go to it. I mop my floors once a week. Just a quick mop, doesn't have to be perfect. I save the detailed mopping (getting in the corners and all) for the zone cleaning. Kitchen is swept every morning onto the family room floor, so I can just vacuum it up.

Note: Zone cleaning is a detailed cleaning in a particular part of the house. You work on the particular room (or zone) for the whole week for an extra 15 minutes on those details that don't get done in just your quick daily cleaning.

The house is spit into 4 zones, so each zone/room gets hit once a month with some extra attention.

Quote:
I made dinner, we ate then I heard clattering in the kitchen. DH was cleaning up after dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliHoov View Post
Wow cleaning the toilets daily?!? I better get on it !
I know....I thought daily?! Really? when I first read this. But....this has become my favorite habit. Yep, cleaning toilets! Not because I love that porcelain throne, but because it is awful to be sick and have a nasty toilet!! Not to mention when the neighbor unexpectedly pops in and has to use the bathroom while there. You start thinking to yourself...when's the last time I swished that sucker?

I keep on of those toilet brush containers next to each toilet. As couponers we ALWAYS have some type of soap stockpiled. Wether it be shampoo, mens body wash, dawn, some kind of body wash you got in a gift basket that you just don't like...squirt some of that stuff in the container, then fill it with water. Swish it around a little with the brush and just leave it in there. Every morning I do a quick swish with the brush, it's all nice a soapy already.

As for wiping it down....how about all those Lysol/Clorox wipes, or baby wipes? Just get one of those bad boys and do a very fast wipe down of tank and lids to rim. I'm telling you....time yourself for fun. See how fast you can do the toilets in your house. You'll never have a nasty, disgusting toilet again! Save the bottom to the floor for the week your in the bathroom zone.

If my 10 year old DD can do her toilet, you can do yours! C'mon! She doesn't even mind it anymore because since it's done daily it never gets gross...as far as toilets go anyway.

Quote:
OMG!! I literally had a good out loud belly laugh when I read swish & stir!!! So funny!!

I'm Jennifer Happy Working Homemaker
Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Who wants to join me in a OHC?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcieB View Post
Swish and Swipe, basically you "swish" clean the toilet with a toilet brush and "swipe" the counters and mirrors every morning. Quick and easy way to to keep the bathroom shiny
Thanks for explaining this! My swish & swipe is on the toilet for me. As far as the counters, I wipe out the sink/counter and faucets whenever I use the sinks. This keeps them nice and sparkly for a long time.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 01-18-2012, 09:06 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Whew! I'm up way later than usual. I've got to hit the sack. I just wanted to stop in and say I cleaned my kitchen before bed!! Yipee!! Clean kitchen to greet me in the morning! Love it!

DD got the coffee ready. She just loves doing that! I love that she loves it!!

Good night all!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 PM

Getting settled in my new house!

My Mood/Status:
armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!armywife80 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks Jennifer for taking all the time to go through this I need this motivation. I'm one of those that tries to do all my cleaning in one day and it burns me out! I need to get better at doing a little each day!
SAHM to DS(7)

and DS(5)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to armywife80 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 PM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife80 View Post
Thanks Jennifer for taking all the time to go through this I need this motivation. I'm one of those that tries to do all my cleaning in one day and it burns me out! I need to get better at doing a little each day!
Your welcome! I'm having fun talking about it. I'm so glad you are finding it useful. Yeah, I just couldn't leave it for one day. That WOULD drive me bonkers. By doing things this way, I really feel like I'm getting more done, in less time, and my house looks great! Win Win!!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!robincabrini has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Jennifer- love your cleaning site-- It's great. I am soooooo TYPE A that my house is always clean before I go to bed, can't wake up to a mess in the a.m even if I'm up until midnight.

My biggest problem is my coupon office-- AKA my Hoarder corner! I have been taking one to three rooms a week and decluttering right now. I did my laundry room last week. Girls rooms this week, my stockpile bathroom this week and my closet two weeks ago. My biggest challenge is my Garage, don't know when I'll manage that with my 20 month old. He's into everything right now.

I would love to get your fly lady website again.

I will mail PIF's and RAOK's on Fridays, if you need it sooner, let me know!

SAHM
married to DH
17 years 3 kids Sofia
12yrs, Camilla
9 yrs. Luca
4 yrs. old, and our 2 crazy

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robincabrini For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM

Hi Sun! I've missed you!!

My Mood/Status:
5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpht View Post
I just wanted to stop in and say I cleaned my kitchen before bed!! Yipee!! Clean kitchen to greet me in the morning! Love it!
Good night all!
I cleaned my kitchen too!! I always feel so much better knowing I have done this and there is not a huge mess to tackle first thing in the morning! Too bad I don't do it often enough!
While I was cooking dinner, I automatically loaded the dishwater as I went, and even filled my sink with hot water for my pans to soak while we ate!
Tomorrow, my plan is to make my sink shine! I needed to get some more bleach!
Thanks Jennifer, for your help and especially for your encouragement! I also signed up for the FlyLady emails!
I am REALLY excited for this.....I have need this for soooo long!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 5zamoras For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM

cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!cyndibru has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
When I saw this thread about a cleaning schedule, my first thought was oh good, when are you coming over to clean? LOLOL

Seriously, I share that major lack of motivation with others. Right now with my mother newly in a nursing home I am wiped out from all the running back and forth. We've been lucky to get meals around here, much less clean laundry and a clean house. I had to make a grocery store run WITHOUT coupons!!!! Haven't had time or felt like clipping. But I'm going to have to try some of these tips. I need a feeling of accomplishment about SOMETHING.l......may as well be cleaning!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cyndibru For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
11Barmywife has posted more than 150 good deals!11Barmywife has posted more than 150 good deals!
Ok I like the idea of a schedule with a almost two year old and almost one year old my house could use the help . Ty for the advice
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 11Barmywife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great site Jennifer! I am like Robin and am working on my office, that looks like someone pucked coupons. I just started a family binder that I keep my meal/clean planning calenders in along with many other things.
(4) and Wyatt (11/7/12)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kmrkat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dsaenz6 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've had a schedule which includes daily laundry I love knowing I have an (almost spotless) house and I like knowing I get all my housework done feels good at the end of the night! My girls also have a schedule for "mini" chores!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dsaenz6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 05:48 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robincabrini View Post
Jennifer- love your cleaning site-- It's great. I am soooooo TYPE A that my house is always clean before I go to bed, can't wake up to a mess in the a.m even if I'm up until midnight.

My biggest problem is my coupon office-- AKA my Hoarder corner! I have been taking one to three rooms a week and decluttering right now. I did my laundry room last week. Girls rooms this week, my stockpile bathroom this week and my closet two weeks ago. My biggest challenge is my Garage, don't know when I'll manage that with my 20 month old. He's into everything right now.

I would love to get your fly lady website again.
Robin,
I'm so happy you are finding this thread helpful! It sounds like you are doing a great job of tackling one space at a time. Listen, don't stress over your garage. I know with a little one, time is a precious commodity. When you do get a moment set your timer for 15 minutes, even if you could do this 15 minutes before everyone gets up, with your am Diet Coke , go out there and start in one corner. Make a trash box/bag, a donate box/bag, and a put away box/bag. You will not believe what just 15 designated minutes a day will do. It doesn't sound like much but you can accomplish a lot.

I find myself always looking at my timer thinking...did I press start because I think it should already have gone off! It doesn't have to be done in a day! Rome wasn't built in a day you know. Don't be hard on yourself. Small battle victories will win the war! j

FlyLady.net is the website

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5zamoras View Post
I cleaned my kitchen too!! I always feel so much better knowing I have done this and there is not a huge mess to tackle first thing in the morning! Too bad I don't do it often enough!
While I was cooking dinner, I automatically loaded the dishwater as I went, and even filled my sink with hot water for my pans to soak while we ate!
Tomorrow, my plan is to make my sink shine! I needed to get some more bleach!
Thanks Jennifer, for your help and especially for your encouragement! I also signed up for the FlyLady emails!
I am REALLY excited for this.....I have need this for soooo long!
Good for you! Wasn't it so much easier to clean with the pans being soaked in water? I too have night where I'm like..."Nah, tomorrow" However, I found if I just force myself to do it the more times I come down to a clean kitchen the more motivated I am to do it that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndibru View Post
When I saw this thread about a cleaning schedule, my first thought was oh good, when are you coming over to clean? LOLOL

Funny! I know I keep saying this, but set your timer! Take the thing that is really bugging you the most and just do it a few minutes a day. Before you know it, you'll have it done.
Give yourself a break you've got a lot on your plate right now, just do a very small amount at a time. for you and your Mom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Barmywife View Post
Ok I like the idea of a schedule with a almost two year old and almost one year old my house could use the help . Ty for the advice
Your Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkat View Post
Great site Jennifer! I am like Robin and am working on my office, that looks like someone pucked coupons. I just started a family binder that I keep my meal/clean planning calenders in along with many other things.
Tackle it a few minutes at a time and it won't seem so daunting! Ummm...I really need help in the family meal planning. So, feel free to pass along any tips, ideas or recipes! I want to really learn how to cook meals for the freezer for my work nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaenz6 View Post
I've had a schedule which includes daily laundry I love knowing I have an (almost spotless) house and I like knowing I get all my housework done feels good at the end of the night! My girls also have a schedule for "mini" chores!
Yes, it does feel great! Also, good for you for getting your kids involved!

It will not hurt your kids to have a daily cleaning schedule as well, ya'll! It not only teaches them good habits to take with them as they grow, but they will learn that it's easier to clean as you go! Trust me! My 10 yr old DD is responsible for her bathroom, making her bed, vacuuming her room, dusting her room, picking up after herself, and putting away her clothes once I've folded or hung them. Now, she doesn't do this all in one day, besides making bed, clothes and picking up her toys. I have specific days to complete certain tasks.

Yes, I hear complaining, but then when a friend comes over and says, "Wow, your room is so clean!" She later tells me your right Mom, it does make you feel good! She's proud as a peacock, and that's her reward! If you are having trouble finding the right motivation, reward them with their interests....when they've done their tasks, play that video game with me they love, do an art project with them, run them to that store they want to browse in, toss the football, make their favorite dinner or dessert....whatever it is that puts a smile on their face. That can be their reward!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 05:53 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Looking forward to what you have in store for us today, Jennifer! Look! You have three pages already on your thread from the first day it went up!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Am I getting too long winded? I like to respond to everyone when I can and sometimes this inspires tips and ideas. Let me know, I won't be offended if you say give it to me in smaller doses, Jennifer!! I want you all to love this thread and us all gain from it! Feedback is welcomed!

As for homemaking....keeping a house up IS a job and it is HARD WORK. Unless you are like Samantha from Bewitched and can wiggle your nose and have a spic and span home!! Ok...don't hate me now, but I had to take a hard look at my day. Let's get real, I couldn't believe how much time I was spending on my computer when I really looked. I had to own up to wasted time and prioritize. I needed to bless my family first, by blessing my home.

Now....don't get me wrong! We ABSOLUTELY deserve our free time. For me, I found I could enjoy it so much better once I got my priorities sorted out. AFC time became guilt free and one of my rewards!

For me it is all about breaking up into manageable parts. That's why I like the flylady site so much.

Ok, on that note, I've got to get off here and get going. Work night for me tonight, so I want to have all my daily stuff done, showered and ready to sit with my family by late lunch. That's my goal!

Have a great day everybody!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchef3 View Post
Looking forward to what you have in store for us today, Jennifer! Look! You have three pages already on your thread from the first day it went up!
I know! I'm so excited about that! One quick thing and I've got to move! Besides having a clean kitchen....the thing I really have found to make a big difference is making the bed. The minute I get up, minus husband of course. If this doesn't work for your schedule in the morning, do it after work, or whenever you first can.

I don't know about you all, but my room could be spotless and if my bed is not made, it still looks a mess. Besides, there's nothing like being bone tired after a long day and slipping into a nice crisp inviting bed!

Do it with vigor! Time it! Tell me later how long it took you to make those beds.

How did you all like your clean kitchens this morning?

Ok, gotta go, I'll check in as I can.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 AM

I dried and folded a load of laundry before work today still out the door by 6:00!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AlliHoov For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:16 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Morning everyone! So far this morning I have started shining my bathroom sink, unloaded the dishwasher and started a load of laundry. Oh and got dressed. Can't forget that! LOL

Dinner tonight is going to be slow cooker beef stew. Slow cooker recipes are AWESOME for freezing and reheating later! Another idea for dinners (I used to do this not anymore though. Need to start it again!) is when cooking dinner double your recipes on certain things. A good example is rice. You can cook a whole box of rice at one time but it takes the same amount of time to cook as your normal serving. Then you can pack the extra up, throw it in the freezer and reheat it later!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:22 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Woo-hoo, Alli! I am actually cleaning my sink this morning, so tomorrow I hope to be waking up to a shiny and spotless sink! Keep the info coming, Jennifer! I don't think you are posting too much! I might need a second "me" to be able to keep up with reading the threads, though! I also need to prioritize my time. It flies by when I am on the computer and then I feel like I haven't gotten anything accomplished. Need to get busy... Today is my shopping day, too! Everyone have a great day!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:30 AM

amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I want to say the clean toilet thing I got into that when pregnant with my first for that exact reason of getting sick!! No way did I wanna stick my head in a dirty toilet ... I was sick from 2 month through the very last day !!! I cleaned our toilets minimum 3 times a day !!! Now it's just once
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to amyw05 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyw05 View Post
I want to say the clean toilet thing I got into that when pregnant with my first for that exact reason of getting sick!! No way did I wanna stick my head in a dirty toilet ... I was sick from 2 month through the very last day !!! I cleaned our toilets minimum 3 times a day !!! Now it's just once
Amy, I guess you broke yourself in so once a day seems easy!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread