Homemaking Tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 06:14 AM

RE: Homemaking tips...Jennifer's Corner :)

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good morning all. Here's my agenda so far for the day:

~Make bed (Check)
~Get dressed (Check)
~S&S toilets (Check)
~Finish laundry (Check)
~Work on my journal (Check)
~Shine sink (Check)
~2 minute hot spot (Check)
~Declutter 15 minutes (Check)

Night routine:

~Lay out clothes for tomorrow (Check)
~2 minute hot spot
~Shine sink
~Figure out dinner for tomorrow (Check)

Last edited by babyfordawn1983; 01-24-2012 at 04:33 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 AM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Morning ladies My agenda looks eerily familiar to Jennifer's

Morning Routine:

-Check Control Journal - check

-What's for dinner ( Taco Tuesday heheh)

-Get Dressed - check

-One load of laundry ( in the washer now)

-Make bed -check

-S&S toilets- check

-Devotional ( I am reading a devotional by Dr. David Jeremiah ♥)

Tuesday is my "free day" so not much to do today. My sock drawer is also in tip top shape so I will work on my closet for 15 minutes instead I am heading to Kroger soon since yesterday's weather was no fun.

Afternoon agenda

-Declutter 15 minutes
-Fold and put away laundry.

Right now is coffee and AFC time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with three wonderful princesses Corynn (18)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

AFC is looking for Forum Leaders

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Dominochic has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good morning everyone!

Here's today's agenda:

Make DH's lunch
S&S toilets
Make bed
Unload dishwasher
Dinner plan (steak fajitas tonight)
Make week's menu plan & grocery list
Go grocery shopping
Finish craft room (not the closet, just the room)
Keep up on dishes

I stayed up late last night working on my craft room. Only about 1-2 hours of work left to do in there! Then I need to start on the closet.... :S

I have a question for all you lovelies. So, I've been working REALLY HARD on getting & keeping the house clean. DH got home last night, left his shoes and socks seriously in the middle of the living room. I (KINDLY!) reminded him to put them away, but he was mad that I asked him to put them away right then and told me "He'd get to it". Then after dinner, he got a snack cake out of the pantry. He left the wrapper and the empty box just sitting on the kitchen table. When I asked him to please throw out his garbage, he got all huffy about it. Before I went to bed, I had the sink shined and started the dishwasher and went straight to bed. DH stays up later than me and made himself a PB&J before bed, leaving his uncleaned dishes in my clean sink and crumbs all over the counter. I'm not sure what to do. Do I just do all of these things myself and not get worked up over it? I want him to learn and help me keep our house clean, but it's not worth fighting him on every little thing. I don't want to act like his mother but it's really frustrating to work so hard during the day just to see it get messed up. What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?
Stay-at-Home Mommy to Andrielle (7 years) and Grayden (4 years)

Positive Thoughts
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominochic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok, here are my thoughts on this Brook....Luckily, my husband is neat and tidy. While he does leave dishes on the counter, or sink, and does throw his clothes in a pile right outside the master bath or at the laundry door ( I mean seriously?? You're at the laundry door, and they can't make it into the laundry basket two steps further?!), I think I'm pretty lucky and that it could be worse.

I too, got soooo frustrated when I started this journey and he would do things like that, but I had to remember something....I signed up for this, not him. I accepted the challenge, he didn't. So, I try to remember that I too don't ALWAYS/EVERYTIME pick up and put away the second I put down (like your DH shoes).

I usually just wipe up the counter crumbs, and throw the dish in the dishwasher once I empty it. For me personally, while annoying, it just isn't worth an argument. Again, this is just me. By the way, it could be worse, and you could have your FIL come up and fry bacon on your clean stove leaving grease everywhere!! Now that makes me REALLY mad!! Matter of fact, I hear him downstairs leaving me a nice mess as we speak! Grrrrrr!!!

I hope that helps. Keep your chin up, and your kind tone, and I'm sure he will see things from your point of view as well. (remember him picking up his clothes the other day and apologizing? Maybe he was just bone tired and planned to get his shoes when he got up or had had a bad day) You'll have those too and not be so thorough at times.

I don't want you to think I don't understand your side, I Do! I'm just trying to give an objective view and see both sides. This was very hard for me to do myself.

Have a great day Brook!

I'm Jennifer Happy Working Homemaker
Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Who wants to join me in a OHC?

Last edited by cpht; 01-24-2012 at 08:24 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!babyfordawn1983 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'd like to know the same thing! Feels like I take 1 small step with the cleaning and then he gets home and I go back 5 steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominochic View Post
Good morning everyone!

Here's today's agenda:

Make DH's lunch
S&S toilets
Make bed
Unload dishwasher
Dinner plan (steak fajitas tonight)
Make week's menu plan & grocery list
Go grocery shopping
Finish craft room (not the closet, just the room)
Keep up on dishes

I stayed up late last night working on my craft room. Only about 1-2 hours of work left to do in there! Then I need to start on the closet.... :S

I have a question for all you lovelies. So, I've been working REALLY HARD on getting & keeping the house clean. DH got home last night, left his shoes and socks seriously in the middle of the living room. I (KINDLY!) reminded him to put them away, but he was mad that I asked him to put them away right then and told me "He'd get to it". Then after dinner, he got a snack cake out of the pantry. He left the wrapper and the empty box just sitting on the kitchen table. When I asked him to please throw out his garbage, he got all huffy about it. Before I went to bed, I had the sink shined and started the dishwasher and went straight to bed. DH stays up later than me and made himself a PB&J before bed, leaving his uncleaned dishes in my clean sink and crumbs all over the counter. I'm not sure what to do. Do I just do all of these things myself and not get worked up over it? I want him to learn and help me keep our house clean, but it's not worth fighting him on every little thing. I don't want to act like his mother but it's really frustrating to work so hard during the day just to see it get messed up. What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Truly Blessed

My Mood/Status:
DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DarcieB has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Brook, I am thinking that maybe he is just not use to your new routine and once you have been sticking to it for a while and he notices that the sink is clean and empty every night he will pick up on it too. I don't think its worth the argument either. But that's just my 2 cents. If it really bothers you than have a talk with him.

DH will occasionally leaves things out still and I sigh and clean it up but the next day he doesn't. It does depend on his level of tiredness.
with three wonderful princesses Corynn (18)
Julia(10)
and Sarah (7)
and our new puppy Bella

AFC is looking for Forum Leaders

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarcieB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
My DH has always been messy. His mother did everything for him. I try to be patient with him but when my DD starts saying "Well daddy leaves his clothes out on the floor so that means I don't have to pick my stuff up either." that's when I start having problems.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:09 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cpht has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah, Dawn that one is tough. DD found out quick that that excuse doesn't fly with me. Others also get to watch things she's not allowed and do things she's not allowed but when I say no or this needs to be done, that's it.

Fair...probably not, but I'm not having the argument of, but so and so does/doesn't, I don't care who she's referring to.

But, I totally see your point!! Like I said, it's a tough one!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 AM

feels truly blessed!

My Mood/Status:
pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pchef3 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtazzy
jennifers corner made facebook

http://www.facebook.com/afullcup?sk=wall
----------------------

Woo-hoo!!! Way to go, Jennifer!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pchef3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
What?! Where?!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:23 AM

Back in Action!

My Mood/Status:
QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpht View Post
What?! Where?!
Just found this thread, and I am loving it!!!
Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Its already making me feel super motivated! Off to get DS on the bus, Ill be back later to chat more!
& 5yr DD {Kylee}
*~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QClippinMama For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QClippinMama
Just found this thread, and I am loving it!!!
Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Its already making me feel super motivated! Off to get DS on the bus, Ill be back later to chat more!
Welcome!!! Glad you like it.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
I use to make my own laundry detergent. It worked amazingly! We got a new washer last year and I have been a little apprehensive to try it in my new washer. Might give it a try after I run out of my current laundry detergent.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 AM

Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yea just found it to sooo inspirational when being the glue to keep the house together can b overwhelming.....lived reading about devotional time....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aliciaboo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM

Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Aliciaboo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Loved any tips on spelling jk. Have it on auto spell don't know how to change it. Lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aliciaboo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Glad you like it Alicia!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 AM

Back in Action!

My Mood/Status:
QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!QClippinMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfordawn1983 View Post
I use to make my own laundry detergent. It worked amazingly! We got a new washer last year and I have been a little apprehensive to try it in my new washer. Might give it a try after I run out of my current laundry detergent.
I make my own laundry detergent too! I love it and its super cheap. I do stock up on detergent when its on sale so when we have company stay the night I wash the sheets in the "good stuff" because it smells so good. Other than the scent, I cant tell the difference between the two.
& 5yr DD {Kylee}
*~
Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
You guys need to share your laundry detergent recipe!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:58 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QClippinMama View Post
I make my own laundry detergent too! I love it and its super cheap. I do stock up on detergent when its on sale so when we have company stay the night I wash the sheets in the "good stuff" because it smells so good. Other than the scent, I cant tell the difference between the two.
Here's a tip for about the homemade laundry detergent if you don't already know. If you keep your empty containers of the store bought detergent you can scent your homemade stuff by pouring it in the store bought containers and shaking it in the bottle. It works great!

Another tip for those of you looking for ways to scent your cleaners. Essential oils! My mom makes her own surface cleaner and adds 5-6 drops of lavender essential oils to the cleaner and gently swirls it around. It masks the odors of the ingrediants you are using plus essential oils have added benefits depending on what ones you use!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
The Duggar Family - Duggar Recipes - Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap- Front or top load machine- best value

I love love love the Duggar family! This website has a ton of recipes on it including ones for cleaning! I'll post a few of them on here!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
The Duggar Family - Duggar Recipes - Powdered Laundry Detergent - Top load machine
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 AM

Back in Action!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpht View Post
You guys need to share your laundry detergent recipe!
THIS is the recipe I use.
& 5yr DD {Kylee}
*~
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
The Duggar Family - Duggar Recipes - Inexpensive Fabric Softener Recipes
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babyfordawn1983 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Thank you both, I will be looking into these!

Dawn, does your mom use the essential oils in a vinegar cleaner? Just curious if it masks that strong of a smell. I don't mind it, but DD just wants to hold her breath when using it.

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Still love my job! ;)

My Mood/Status:
I like the Duggars too. Even though for me, that is just too many! One of me favorite sayings, I heard from Michelle Duggar.

"Practice makes Progress"

I think this is wonderful, since perfection is too hard, and we all know none of us are perfect!

Married to DH
Homeschooling Mom to DD
and to furbaby Princeton

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cpht For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread