My First Coupon Trip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
MCCouponer has posted more than 75 good deals!
My first coupon trip

For my first time out I think I did pretty good. I went to 3 different stores so all my coupons could double.

$164.03 total with tax
$83.51 coupons and one card savings
$80.51 OOP

If I didn't have heavy DP drinkers in the house it would have been better savings. I can see how this can be very addictive. Was awesome hearing them say the large amounts for savings.
The Following User Says Thank You to MCCouponer For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 AM

RE: My first coupon trip

My Mood/Status:
kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!
Great job! As you get stocked up on things your savings will increase even more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kjsspot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
The stocking up will be easy. My trip yesterday gave me 6 packages of the 3 pack zest and ivory bar soaps. My mom seen the ivory and said no one uses that. Had to explain that the overage on the ivory made the zest only $.38 so we can just use the ivory for hands . I couldn't pass it up. Especially after the first store when I seen how their coupons ring up. Even though the policy states no overages, the way the Muskogee stores do the doubles it's not connecting the coupon with the item other then to make sure the item was purchased. So I got a $.51 overage on each ivory 3 pack.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!kjsspot has posted more than 400 great deals!
I used to use Ivory Soap to make sculptures as a kid. You have kids?

The Following User Says Thank You to kjsspot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Yes I do. Maybe soap carving could be a project for them one of the days they are board this summer. I'll be picking up 2 more 3 packs of it today so I'll definitely have plenty for them. What tools work best for carving soap?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
okiecouponmom777 has posted more than 50 good deals
I'm going to give my ivory to a mission. Its in the next town over, it has a halfway house, food pantry for the needy, etc. They are thankful to get things like soap and deodorant, that food stamps don't cover- plus they always need food! Sometimes we can get things for free that we don't want, right? Well, someone else could use it! Yay! Anyway- another idea on what to do with extra soap and such.
The Following User Says Thank You to okiecouponmom777 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 PM

$1 yokisoba noodles anyone ? plz plz
I am good at what I do

My Mood/Status:
OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!OKcouponKING has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
good job !

I stop drinking pop, having watched too many eps of Dr Oz
and my
bites - I
them anyway

&&& if you live around OKC and want my extra coupons let me know. I usually have 10 copies of them
Old 05-11-2011, 09:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCouponer View Post
Yes I do. Maybe soap carving could be a project for them one of the days they are board this summer. I'll be picking up 2 more 3 packs of it today so I'll definitely have plenty for them. What tools work best for carving soap?
The best tools would be the tools sold for pottery like at Michaels. The ribbon versions are probably the most kid friendly. But really you can use just about anything. I think I used a parring knife when I was a little girl.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
I have those tools already from some ceramic classes I have taken. So awesome, fun project for kids that won't cost me anything.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
woohoo!! If you didn't know, I'm an artist and I ADORE sculpting!! So happy I could help support the arts.