Menards?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Menards?

I was just wondering if anyone else had gotten in on the rebating at menards... We have been doing this for over a year now and i have a ton of Christmas and birthday gifts put away that have cost us close to nothing or nothing out of pocket.
When we have a rebate I will look through the ad and get pretty much anything that is free after rebate to flip the rebate into. The I look at the cheep after rebate items and see what i think we can gift or use.

How do you do it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Married for 4 years with a perfect baby girl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM

RE: Menards?

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Cadnil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I do about the same thing, although I've become selective because some of the items aren't even worth paying tax on, IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cadnil For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 10:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
With the rebates here they take the tax off ... Maybe that is a Missouri thing though.

and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 10:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
we do the menards thing and get so much free/cheap stuff. a few times they had free socks after rebate. we have a few addresses to send them to so my SO must of got like 30 packs of mens socks, another sock one we go 10+ packs of socks for our son.

Also we are remodeling a house and we have gotten alot of the items we need for very cheap and some free. another free paint rebate just ended so we got (between yesterdays and one about 2 months ago) about 20 gallons of ceiling paint free and like $2-$3 gal of paint of semi-gloss for trims/doors.

and yes you can roll those rebates. and I think you are not charged tax when you redeem those rebates.

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
Mr. Jericho(8) and Ms. River Song(4m)
and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

The Following User Says Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenEvenstar View Post
we do the menards thing and get so much free/cheap stuff. a few times they had free socks after rebate. we have a few addresses to send them to so my SO must of got like 30 packs of mens socks, another sock one we go 10+ packs of socks for our son.

Also we are remodeling a house and we have gotten alot of the items we need for very cheap and some free. another free paint rebate just ended so we got (between yesterdays and one about 2 months ago) about 20 gallons of ceiling paint free and like $2-$3 gal of paint of semi-gloss for trims/doors.

and yes you can roll those rebates. and I think you are not charged tax when you redeem those rebates.
We just remodeled a new rental property and had to fix one after renters moved out .. it has been great. Been putting aside anything we thought we could use on the rentals.

The sock rebates are great ... my hubby is set for a long long time.
We also get the menards t shirts to use as "work" shirts when we are working on the rentals.

I have been buying all the kitchen goodies up for my sister in laws for christmas ... Helping a ton on stay on budget.

I love that they except coupons too ... although the rebate items and coupons don't happen often it is nice when they do. Like the World's best Litter .. 2.00 printable then 7.99 with a 3.00 rebate i believe. And there is a mail in rebate for the manufacture on there web site.

Love a good deal!

and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Yeah Menards is great on some stuff.

Also $2.50 - $2.00 rebate giving you .50 wasp/hornet killer 2 weeks ago.

I used the .35 softsoap coupons on the softsoap about 3 weeks ago. 1.79 each get $1 rebate pay .79-.35.

I think we got free painbrushes cheap doors, just got cheap faucets, the 11% rebate back on like 9K worth of materials.. Can't wait for that rebate check. I told my SO they better be fedex'ng that check to us.

They used to carry this Vasoline lotion in a blue bottle. Was free after rebate and that lotion was so creamy - it was awesome. I don't think they carry it anymore.

And we have the contractor credit card and the big card so in addition we also are getting an additional 2% rebate back at the end of the year. its not much but when we are buying 1000's of dollars worth, it can add up.

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Last edited by ArwenEvenstar; 07-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
I totally forgot about the CC .. We got one when we started with the rental remodel and got everything we could there .. they ran the 11 percent back in the middle of that too .. was a nice check back!

My goal is to try to not pay for anything there just roll rebates now that the remodel is done.. Fingers crossed!

Don't the rebates seem to take forever sometimes ? Although I think that with all rebates!

and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
it takes about a month for a rebate but my SO is constantly sending in stacks of rebates so we get alot of them each month or so. And you can send in a bunch of them in 1 envelope too.

OMG also forgot about those make a $1 on the washcloths. Buy washcloth for $3 and get a $4 rebate i believe it was. 2 times they had that one. And they are good washclothes too. Better than the cheapest ones you can find at walmart and such.

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenEvenstar View Post
it takes about a month for a rebate but my SO is constantly sending in stacks of rebates so we get alot of them each month or so. And you can send in a bunch of them in 1 envelope too.

OMG also forgot about those make a $1 on the washcloths. Buy washcloth for $3 and get a $4 rebate i believe it was. 2 times they had that one. And they are good washclothes too. Better than the cheapest ones you can find at walmart and such.
DH was sooooo exicted!! Not that I minded in the least. I think we go almost every week .. So mail off an envelope a week ... to help with keeping rebates on hand.

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 AM

ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We have been doing Menards rebates for about a year. The menards shirts are actually pretty good shirts and we get them every time. Generally if I have gotten my rebate check back I will get anything that is free.

It has been a really helpful program for us. I still need to wash the free/mm handtowels and washclothes to put in the main bathroom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladygodiva02 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 07:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva02 View Post
We have been doing Menards rebates for about a year. The menards shirts are actually pretty good shirts and we get them every time. Generally if I have gotten my rebate check back I will get anything that is free.

It has been a really helpful program for us. I still need to wash the free/mm handtowels and washclothes to put in the main bathroom.
It have been a huge help to us as well!!
I am glad there are others of you taking advantage to this great program.. i keep thinking it is just too good to be true and they are going to end it soon .. although I really hope not. It is really fun to go get a car full of stuff and pay no cash

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva02 View Post
Generally if I have gotten my rebate check back I will get anything that is free.
so by doing this for a while you could probably get a whole workshop full of stuff for free or close to free....

Love menards!

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 07-20-2013, 09:00 AM

ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
^ Yes. Just a month ago I was telling my husband I wanted a new drill bit set. Well the next time we went to Menards there were two different drill bit sets free after rebate. Got one of each and have my new drill bits.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladygodiva02 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
Three day sale starting tomorrow !!!! some great deals.

What are you guys excited about?

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
I like the 12 pack of keebler cookies for 2.99. will stock up for school snacks.. the shower curtain for 4.99 and maybe the gum 12 pack of 14pieces gum for .88 after rebate.. can't beat that!

You can use the $2/2 Dial coupon and get the body wash foam for .50 each after coupon. On sale 2/$3.

Menards does take manu coupons.

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Last edited by ArwenEvenstar; 08-16-2013 at 06:02 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 06:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
We will get the belts free after rebate and gardening gloves ... I have really long list of things They have some great prices!

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 08-16-2013, 06:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
yeah my SO has a bunch of things circled... belts, gloves, wasp spray.... but for me not too much

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 PM

If I can make it there I plan to use the balance of a menards rebate card to get all sorts of stuff. I actually need the gum and sunglasses. Everything else would be a bonus.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladygodiva02 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm addicted to the menards rebates. I've gotten some fun stuff, some useful stuff and even made money (the make a buck washcloths) also sometimes they have rebates you can doublestack (like when they had the shampoo/conditioner for free plus 11% back). The reason I started was so I could get free stuff and then use the rebates to buy dog food, so some I roll and others I simply use on things that I need, with/without rebate.

I would recommend you get their store credit card too cuz you get 2% back when you use that but you also get a pretty decent bday gift every year.
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I read this and decided since I was already in the area I would stop. It's an hour away and have seen the ads but never went. Oh my I love this store.
But quick ? I can put all the rebates in one envelope right ? And I didn't see anything about upc unless I missed it do they usually ask to send in upcs
The Following User Says Thank You to tharte36 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2013, 07:19 AM

mosafam has posted more than 10 good deals
you dont need the upc code
they can go in the same envelope as long as its the same P.O box number that it is going to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosafam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2013, 11:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharte36 View Post
I read this and decided since I was already in the area I would stop. It's an hour away and have seen the ads but never went. Oh my I love this store.
But quick ? I can put all the rebates in one envelope right ? And I didn't see anything about upc unless I missed it do they usually ask to send in upcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosafam View Post
you dont need the upc code
they can go in the same envelope as long as its the same P.O box number that it is going to.
I've never had a rebate where it had a different PO box listed, so I combine all the time, but prob good to watch for. And since you don't have to send the UPCs I've even been able to double dip - they had a specific cat litter on rebate once and I found a manufacturers rebate also. But remember if you cut off the bottom of the receipt that has the rebate info and then you try to return the item - they will deduct the amount of the rebate.
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2013, 05:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Also, when u pay with the rebate u are not charged tax.

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

Old 08-17-2013, 06:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
Excellent ad coming out tomorrow too I do love free stuff!

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Well $300.00 worth of rebates spent this weekend .. Ouch! We got two cart fulls of stuff from the three day sale and then went back in Sunday for the new ad. Lots of goodies!! Slowly but surely we are getting stuff for our bathroom remodel piece by piece.

and wonder
cat Lyra