Menards?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 PM

RE: Menards?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess I don't get this, so maybe someone can explain it better.. Are you all saying that you purchase something that's "free after rebate", then when the check comes in roll that into another free item? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to mickie333 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie333 View Post
I guess I don't get this, so maybe someone can explain it better.. Are you all saying that you purchase something that's "free after rebate", then when the check comes in roll that into another free item? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
You have it!

Here is how we started ... buy free after rebate items then you send in the rebates and wait ... it seems like forever but i have no patience. You get a check that is redeemable at Menards. You take the check buy more free or cheep items after rebate and then mail in those rebates and so on. They also take the tax off when you use the checks. It is fabulous. If you don't just want to roll the checks you can use them on anything in the store.

Hope that helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Married for 4 years with a perfect baby girl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hmmm, that could be fun. Anything cool on rebate this week? LOL
And thanks for clarifying for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickie333 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 09:55 AM

mosafam has posted more than 10 good deals
theres like 6 ads or something and all ads have rebates and free stuff just look around it
also just a tip... make sure u read the small print it states how many rebates per household and most of the time its more than one so thats a plus point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickie333 View Post
Hmmm, that could be fun. Anything cool on rebate this week? LOL
And thanks for clarifying for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to mosafam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!bluegreenbutterfly has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
All most all their ads run 2 weeks as well. Which is really nice!
The new ad is online for this week... Some free kitchen stuff and some gloves, house cleaner, driveway degreaser, and deck wash.

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 09-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Live4Coupons has posted more than 200 great deals!Live4Coupons has posted more than 200 great deals!Live4Coupons has posted more than 200 great deals!
Menards is new to our area. I have some questions about the rebate program. I went to their website, but I didn't find all the info I was looking for.

How is the rebate returned to you? In a gift card? As a voucher (I'm thinking it might be something like an ECB that you get from CVS)?

Do the vouchers expire (e.g., like CVS ECBs that are good for 30 days)?

Do I have to spend the entire value of the voucher at once, and possibly lose the unspent value? (Like CVS ECBs where I buy an item for $2.50, pay with a $3 ECB and lose 50 cents of the value)
The Following User Says Thank You to Live4Coupons For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Coupons View Post
Menards is new to our area. I have some questions about the rebate program. I went to their website, but I didn't find all the info I was looking for.

How is the rebate returned to you? In a gift card? As a voucher (I'm thinking it might be something like an ECB that you get from CVS)?

Do I have to spend the entire value of the voucher at once, and possibly lose the unspent value? (Like CVS ECBs where I buy an item for $2.50, pay with a $3 ECB and lose 50 cents of the value)
The voucher gets mailed to you, takes about 30 days. It is about the size of a postcard, they don't expire and you don't have to spend the whole amount. The cashier will cross out the typewritten amount and write the balance after you use part of it. If you get a Menards card and use it to buy things then you'll also get 2% back at the end of the year to use as store credit.
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2013, 10:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Coupons View Post

You get your rebate back in the mail as a rebate check. It looks like a post card.

The rebates are good for one year.

You can spend portions of the rebate at a time. So say you have a rebate for 99.00 you can use 3.00 and will then have 96.00 dollars left.

Hope that helps

and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Live4Coupons has posted more than 200 great deals!Live4Coupons has posted more than 200 great deals!Live4Coupons has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks for the info! Going to look through today's ad and see what they have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Live4Coupons For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM

lovethosecoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!lovethosecoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!lovethosecoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!lovethosecoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!
Does anyone know if the limits are per person or per household? TIA
The Following User Says Thank You to lovethosecoupons For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2013, 01:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
per address. so if you have multiple addresses you can send to, then you can do more.

Please note that alot of their rebates indicate that if there is a limit of say 4 and you want to buy all 4, then all 4 have to be bought on the same receipt. You can't buy them on 2 or 4 different transactions and submit all the receipts for that item.

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
Mr. Jericho(8) and Ms. River Song(4m)
and
Big Cody(doggy heaven 12/13/11)
Slick Nick (doggy heaven 6/10/14)

The Following User Says Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethosecoupons View Post
Does anyone know if the limits are per person or per household? TIA
It varies from item to item. In the ad as well as on the shelf itself it will say limit x.

Example this week Slim Fast Snack items in the ad are limit 6.

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 10-18-2013, 06:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
A big THANK YOU to the posters on this thread!

Making $1 on the wash cloths started me on my Menard's shopping. I am now there every week buying rebate items. It is wonderful fun and easy!

I am going today for the Mar's fun size bags. A $1.49 bag of candy after rebate is amazing but add a manufacturers coupon and it is awesome.

I am actually keeping a file with copies of the receipts and pictures of my purchases to track my savings. I have already purchased several Holiday gifts.

I love the kitchen gadgets that come out free or 99 cents. They always work great on the commercials but not my kitchen! Now I can try them for cheap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayclan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 07:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ArwenEvenstar has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i saw that 1.49 candy yesterday. can't beat that!

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
I had a yard sale two weekends ago .. I would say that 80% was free after rebate items. We didn't buy them with the idea of sell it but we had a big expense come up that we have to make some money come from nowhere so to the stock pile and extras i went. To the point of the story we made almost $500 dollars in a few hours while battling rain and a really cold day.
This year we have got a lot of Christmas and birthday presents free or really really cheap (which helps a ton) and built up what tools we have inexpensively and even got things fro a few remodeling projects around the house and not to mention the money we have saved while remodeling a new rental property.

Menards is additive and so simple. Don't get me wrong i love to coupon but sometimes it is nice to open the ad and make a list of free stuff and go get, it with no stink eye from cashiers and no problems.

My goal for this rest of this year and next is not not spend any cash while attempting to get birthday and christmas gifts as well as extras. Fingers crossed!

Anyone else have Menards goals?

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
we just bought 48 2 packs of light bulbs for floodlights/ can lights for our new house... they were originally 10.99 i think and were on clearance for .99 a pack saved $480.00!

Can't beat that!

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!rayclan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We also have rental properties. I hope to keep the rebate checks coming in for emergency repairs. The gift giving opportunities and everyday necessities along with free luxuries are a win win situation. I am sure we all have times when cash flow is an issue? Having the rebate checks and access to their grocery department is a blessing. I have been studying the prices in the grocery department and an arsenal of coupons can make for happy belly's.

The 40 lb bags of Tidy Cat are $6.99. There is a $1 off any that expires 10/28. I am stocking up at $5.99.

My store has Betty Crocker mac n cheese for $.60. There is a coupon coming out for 25/1. 35 cents for mac n cheese is a stock up price here.

Their cleaning supplies are also reasonably priced. I find the possibilities endless.

I am thinking about the Menard's card but don't trust myself to not overspend. I will confess: A good deal is sometimes bad for me. I will overspend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayclan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayclan View Post
We also have rental properties. I hope to keep the rebate checks coming in for emergency repairs. The gift giving opportunities and everyday necessities along with free luxuries are a win win situation. I am sure we all have times when cash flow is an issue? Having the rebate checks and access to their grocery department is a blessing. I have been studying the prices in the grocery department and an arsenal of coupons can make for happy belly's.

The 40 lb bags of Tidy Cat are $6.99. There is a $1 off any that expires 10/28. I am stocking up at $5.99.

My store has Betty Crocker mac n cheese for $.60. There is a coupon coming out for 25/1. 35 cents for mac n cheese is a stock up price here.

Their cleaning supplies are also reasonably priced. I find the possibilities endless.

I am thinking about the Menard's card but don't trust myself to not overspend. I will confess: A good deal is sometimes bad for me. I will overspend!
We got the menards card when we were working on a remodel on a rental house. We put everything on it and paid it off as we went. We haven't used it is 6 months or so. It is always nice to get a little something back even if it is only 2 percent. But then again I have also been trying to just roll my rebates so we haven't spent hardly any cash. So you could always get the card and use it for your rentals only or just big projects.

and wonder
cat Lyra
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegreenbutterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
and they also sell toys for christmas too...

Working mommy to 7yr old
and 1yr
;
and

The Following User Says Thank You to ArwenEvenstar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
Black Friday is pretty good or at least has been the last few years here always tons ans tons of people.
And great deals.

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 AM

ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ladygodiva02 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Also if you have a kwik trip card they often send $5 off a $50 purchase coupons in their coupon sheet that comes with the bill. It does get prorated against all items but it didnt change how much I got back off the rebates with the first one I did.

The rebates will likely slow as we near black friday, they did last year.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
11% WEEK!

We do have a $500 repair that needs supplies today. Hopefully they have everything.

I am also thinking everyday essentials I have a coupon for.

Is the 11% before or after coupon?

Anyone with rebate experience have any tips for this week?

Old 10-24-2013, 09:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayclan View Post
11% WEEK!

We do have a $500 repair that needs supplies today. Hopefully they have everything.

I am also thinking everyday essentials I have a coupon for.

Is the 11% before or after coupon?

Anyone with rebate experience have any tips for this week?

I don't know this for certain but I would think you will get the 11% back on the purchase price precoupon. I say go for it! And let us know when you get your rebates back.

11% weeks we use as down time in our house to get rebates back and don
t really do any shopping unless we have a project going and then we buy everything we think we might need in addition to what we know we need.

and wonder
cat Lyra
Old 01-04-2014, 07:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
I wanted to Thank everyone on this thread!
I ventured into the rebates this last fall and loved it. (after lurking for a few months) My Christmas baskets were a major hit with rebate items! My DS's took the last of the rebate checks for the year to buy their gifts for family exchange. (yes they brought home a couple rebate items) I hope to add all the receipts and checks up to see how much I saved.
This week with the 11% also being paid on gift cards I loaded $100 to start a new full year. If they continue to offer items like I have purchased so far it will be an amazing year.
I hope we can keep this thread active because it is tons of fun and savings!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:09 AM

My Mood/Status:
I hope we keep the thread up and going too ... I did a ton of rebate items for Christmas this year ... Some went over well some not so much (but those are the people that complain no matter what i get)... We need to get some things done on our house so i am buying to sell items and for our rentals and well our house too. I made $500.00 plus in one day with horrible weather last October .. hoping to do a little better this March or so with another sale. Fingers crossed. I buy everything they have free after rebate and roll the rebates into new rebates it has been a huge help to us. 11% weeks are kinda a rest week for us unless we have a project going on but it is a great time to get a gift card Our local pawn shop buys gc and sells them at 25% off.. we have been able to get 400 dollars worth this year for a fridge we needed to replace that was a huge help!!Happy rebating everyone!

and wonder
cat Lyra