Ace Hardware Is Cheating Us!!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
817BuyingQueen has posted more than 50 good deals
Ace Hardware is cheating us!!!

I went into Ace today with savings ace reward card got all deals I wanted total was 27.29 then tax was 5.80 what??? 2.35 is like tax on 27.Xx dollars so I looked over my receipt in car & of course they were closed so I have to go in tomorrow =( I added 43.00 savings to my 27. 29 & figured they charged me tax on 70.xx dollars & not on 28.29 is this wrong????
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 PM

RE: Ace Hardware is cheating us!!!

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CouponingMomOfTwins has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Wow, yeah thats a lot in tax. With coupons, I understand that some states are post coupon and some, like florida go on your total before coupons. However, I have never hear of tax being charge on a before savings card price because they are only liable to pay tax on the final amount the consumer pays. Either way, let me know what they say. I'm curious now.

Edit: I saw your other post about coupons at ace. Some states do charge tax before coupons. At the bottom of the coupon in the remittance area, there is a disclosure that the consumer pays tax. I know how it feels to be in a pre-coupon state. Sometimes I want to click my heels 3 times and go to another state where tax is post coupon

Last edited by CouponingMomOfTwins; 07-05-2013 at 09:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponingMomOfTwins For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
This is a after q tax state but this must be an Ace hardware thing I'm going to call their corporate too, but I bet I get no where really just a lesson learned =( Boo! Crooks if you ask me! I'll let you know I technically used no coupons just their as a card member
Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ok I just still feel they are crooks better off PM if I can! I just read the flier it does say you pay tax before the discounted card price ugh! I do not see Ace in my future!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 PM

BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BillyGr has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think (as noted in the other post before) that since they are basically giving you what would normally be a mail in rebate, that is why they charge the tax on the full price.

After all, if you bought an item at a store for $4.99 and there was a Try me Free sticker on it that you could mail in and get the $4.99 back, you'd expect to pay the tax on the $4.99 at the store, and you wouldn't expect the company to send you the tax amount back as part of the rebate, at least not ususally.

I supposed one way to think of it - the tax you pay is offset by what you would have spent in postage for the rebates and the time you don't have to spend filling out forms, cutting bar codes, circling prices on receipts etc.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
What state do you live in? Louisiana and California have laws that require tax payments on the full amount.

I work in a call center where we take national orders for cell phones. Customers in those two states are frequently frustrated with taxes. They have to pay a big tax even when they get a phone that is free after discounts. It is not up to the retailer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and newest DS 2 months old
........and three little fur babies Ocho
Rocky
and Peekaboo
The Following User Says Thank You to brandilou2 For This Useful Post: