How Do I Save On A Big Lowes Purchase?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

jeannedp has posted more than 150 good deals!jeannedp has posted more than 150 good deals!
Help Sign How do I save on a big lowes purchase?

I'm going to be purchasing about $1500 in roofling shingles this week and I know there has to be a way to save a little of that money. I thought about just going to kroger to purchase a bunch of lowes gift cards to get the fuel points, but not sure if that will work as I will need to purchase alot of them. I see there is a 10% coupon and I've signed up for that and hope to have it before they supplies are bought, but does anyone know of any other way to save that I'm not aware of? I appreciate any advice you can offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeannedp For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM

RE: How do I save on a big lowes purchase?

My Mood/Status:
tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tippyc30 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannedp
I'm going to be purchasing about $1500 in roofling shingles this week and I know there has to be a way to save a little of that money. I thought about just going to kroger to purchase a bunch of lowes gift cards to get the fuel points, but not sure if that will work as I will need to purchase alot of them. I see there is a 10% coupon and I've signed up for that and hope to have it before they supplies are bought, but does anyone know of any other way to save that I'm not aware of? I appreciate any advice you can offer.
I went on their website and printed off a 10% off coupon. It says it's for foreclosed homes but it's been verified that anyone can use it. I used the q to purchase shelves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tippyc30 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Philly_Girl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Go to the post office to get a change of address packet. It has a 10% off lowes coupon inside
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philly_Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Haties23 has posted more than 100 good deals!Haties23 has posted more than 100 good deals!
They have a military discount.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haties23 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Girl View Post
Go to the post office to get a change of address packet. It has a 10% off lowes coupon inside
^^ this ^^ is the quickest way to get one.

just ask the PO personnel @ the counter for Lowes moving packet and they'll give you one or two. Or just say Change of address packet.

Depending on your tax rate, that'll be more than enough to cover for the sales tax. If you have the FRN card, make sure to swipe it to get add'l points when you shop at a participating store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 AM

jeannedp has posted more than 150 good deals!jeannedp has posted more than 150 good deals!
Great! Thank you so much! I will go pick one of those up. By the way, what's a FRN card?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 AM

Working at living BELOW our means....

My Mood/Status:
Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shellydav has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
The Lowe's charge card comes with an automatic 5% off, so you could put that on top of the 10% off moving kit...then, pay off the charge at the front desk.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
rraikk has posted more than 200 great deals!rraikk has posted more than 200 great deals!rraikk has posted more than 200 great deals!
address change pcket iis the easiet ay
or
20% off harbor freight coupon for a single item
hth
The Following User Says Thank You to rraikk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 AM

zuni198623 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Lowes will accept a harbor freight coupon??
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuni198623 View Post
Lowes will accept a harbor freight coupon??
I noticed it is YMMV depending on each store's SM so it is worth asking customer service before you start shopping.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM

zuni198623 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Cool thanks
Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!
Do they let you stack % off coupons like CVS does? My son is building a shed for his motorcycle and needs more lumber for it.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM

Jackie

My Mood/Status:
SaverJ12 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerink
Do they let you stack % off coupons like CVS does? My son is building a shed for his motorcycle and needs more lumber for it.
Has anyone purchased any laminate flooring from Lowes if so what brand and how has it held up to
Scratchs, dents, anything falling on it, Im planning to have laminate flooring laid after Thanksgiving
so just trying to see what advice i can get to save money and get quality product.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM

Jackie

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaverJ12

Has anyone purchased any laminate flooring from Lowes if so what brand and how has it held up to
Scratchs, dents, anything falling on it, Im planning to have laminate flooring laid after Thanksgiving
so just trying to see what advice i can get to save money and get quality product.
Today is my birthday!! I placed the order for my new laminate floors, Im so excited I should have them in next week before Thanksgiving YAY!!! I purchased them through Carpeteria the people that helped us were so nice.

Last edited by SaverJ12; 11-14-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Girl View Post
The packets not contain a code that you enter on the lowes web site and they email a coupon. Says it is limited to one per household. Although I havent tried for a second yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraikk View Post
address change pcket iis the easiet ay
or
20% off harbor freight coupon for a single item
hth

Thanks for suggesting the HF coupon! That hadnt occurred to me. I have used craft store 40% off coupons when buying something that a craft store would sell!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:41 PM

SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!SouthernBellSaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
The best way is to buy gift cards...NOW!!! The prices are getting outrageous...You can save with the big money cards.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!Tannerink has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaverJ12

Today is my birthday!! I placed the order for my new laminate floors, Im so excited I should have them in next week before Thanksgiving YAY!!! I purchased them through Carpeteria the people that helped us were so nice.
How expensive were they, if you don't mind my asking?

We're remodeling. We used rolled vinyl in the bathroom, but I want hardwood or a hardwood look alike in the living room. I just can't make up my mind about what would be best.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
holsha3 has posted more than 150 good deals!holsha3 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Put the money on a gift card! Kroger has 4x fuel points right now.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM

Jackie

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerink

How expensive were they, if you don't mind my asking?

We're remodeling. We used rolled vinyl in the bathroom, but I want hardwood or a hardwood look alike in the living room. I just can't make up my mind about what would be best.
No I don't mind but it really depends on how big your rooms are ours was about 2.00 per square feet and another 2.00 per square feet for installation, Carpeteria was so helpful they came and measured the rooms we put it in livingroom and main hallway, best purchase so happy with quality of floors.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM

Jackie

My Mood/Status:
Has anyone used the Harbor Freight coupons the 20% off on one item on appliances , both HD and Lowes said no actually Lowes said the manager would hv to make decision .
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM

Corn-fused

My Mood/Status:
I got a couple of coupons in the mail the other day, one for $25/$250. I don't know if they are card specific or not. I'll look and if they aren't you can have them. I don't have any major purchases to make.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tannerink For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
My Lowe's gives a 10% discount all the time to Active duty military and to any veterans.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Relique has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haties23 View Post
They have a military discount.
Thanks so much for this information!

Yesterday we HAD to buy a washing machine... and a dryer. The military discount saved us over $150.00. And I will be getting a prepaid visa worth $150.00 as a rebate.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
77giggles has posted more than 200 great deals!77giggles has posted more than 200 great deals!77giggles has posted more than 200 great deals!
Does any one know if the military discount can be combined with other Lowe's coupons?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!NORTNEY has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I used a gift card reseller when I bought a lawn mower. I used a plastic jungle but there are tons of them. People resell their gift cards they aren't going to use and then the company sells them to people at 7% or so off the face value. I used a company that let me use paypal (for the guarantee) and bought them and it worked like a piece of cake. I got 20% off (competitor's home depot coupon) and used the gift cards so my total savings was about 27%. If you are interested just surf "gift card resellers".

If you buy large amounts $1000+ some of the resellers now give you a bigger discount.