Looking For Some Home Repair Coupons And Tips!!!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ninnie27 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Looking for some home repair coupons and tips!!!!

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house. The house we are looking into needs alot, no I mean A LOT of work!!! If anybody knows of any coupons or has any tips on where or how to get some good deals, please feel free to help me out!!!! I recently learned about the post office, and also have found a coupon for ace hardware 50% off 1 item, but with all the work that this home needs, I'm goin to need more than that .... Thank you all for your help on this
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM

RE: Looking for some home repair coupons and tips!!!!

My Mood/Status:
sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sheena_h has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Check to see if you have a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. It is a store that sells items at a discounted price. Look on ebay for Lowes q's. If you have to seperate ur orders in groups to maximize the savings with the $10/50. We remodeled our kithcen and put new dry wall up so I did it in sheets of 8 to maximize my savings. It saved us alot! Also check Home Depot and see if they have it cheaper than Lowes if they do them price match it at Lowes--you get an add'l 10% off this way--vice versa if you have a Home Depot. Also look at the clearance racks...u can find some good things in this section sometimes.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the remodeling...it is a job! So far we have done our kitchen, hallway to basement and son's room. Got lots more to do but just finding the $$ is the problem. The next room is going to be the bathroom I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to sheena_h For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 01:58 AM

liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!
We have been in our house now 5 yrs and have gutted the downstairs bath ceiling right down to subflooring and replaced everything, upstairs bath replaced everything, gutted kitchen with the exception of the ceiling and subflooring all new cabinets, tile floor and all new appliances. Insulated and replaced all 32 windows (that was the cost of a new car). Took two very small bedrooms made them into one bedroom and all landscaping. It has been a huge job reviving this old house but it's an house worth preserving.
My few best peices of advice is Yes shop clearance we got some really nice lighting at lowes on clearance. One other note about Lowes is I pulled a manager aside and told him I was dropping over 4000.00 in his store today and wanted a discount, they ho-hummed me but told them I would bet HD would be glad to give me a discount. Gave me a 10 percent discount that day saved a little over 400.00. I can be a pushy you know what when necessary
Also Lowes had my the tile for my kitchen floor on Black Friday for 1/3 of the price. I'm sure I looked silly buying a truck load of tile on BF while everyone else was buying gifts but hey saved about 400.00.
I got some amazing and I do mean amazing deals online. Bought all the hardware for my kitchen cabinets on Ebay for like 1.10 ea retail was over 3.00 ea.
I think it's a website called Ira and sons I found my 400.00 kitchen faucet for 260.00 (googled the model number or name of the faucet)
Lastly I got the model number for my stove and just googled it paid 1400.00 less for it on the internet with free shipping than Sears had it on sale for.
The Following User Says Thank You to liltexan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow I didn't know you could save so much. My mom and dad just bought a house that needs tons of work now I know how to help them out.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
step mom to aj 18yrs old
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wife to Alfred
Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
ninnie27 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Wow!!! Those are some really great tips !!!!! Thank you all so much I've learned from this site on how to score free makeup, and really great deals, but this thread so far has them topped!!! Again thanks and keep the ideas
Coming!!!! Lol....

This house we are hoping to get has over 2400 sq ft, and it all needs re done !!! So anymore help I can get will be great!! Lol I wasn't even thinking about appliances...DUH!!!! Hahaha
Old 12-02-2011, 03:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
rodneywt1180b has posted more than 150 good deals!rodneywt1180b has posted more than 150 good deals!
If you're going to be buying a lot of lumber, sheet rock or other raw materials, put together a materials list. Take the list to some of the various hardware stores and lumber yards in your area and tell them you are accepting bids. You can save substantially over retail this way.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!crystallv has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneywt1180b View Post
If you're going to be buying a lot of lumber, sheet rock or other raw materials, put together a materials list. Take the list to some of the various hardware stores and lumber yards in your area and tell them you are accepting bids. You can save substantially over retail this way.
What do you mean bids? Sorry for being a dumb dumb
Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
rodneywt1180b has posted more than 150 good deals!rodneywt1180b has posted more than 150 good deals!
Basically they will give you a price for the whole order instead of individual retail prices. Downside is you have to pay for the whole thing at once instead of spreading it out over time. So if you go to three stores with the same list, you will get three prices to choose from. If you know what the price would be retail, you'll know how much your saving.
Stores probably won't bother bidding on small amounts. Works best if buying a whole bunch at once.
My brother saved a bunch by doing this when he built his deck.
Rodney
The Following User Says Thank You to rodneywt1180b For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
if you have any "construction" people as family/friends they can get a contractors discount at HD and Lowe's. It helps. My husband gets it, i think it's like 10%.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abbylivismom For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lvmyhubby2001 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Also check craigslist. DH and I found several good deals there.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbylivismom View Post
if you have any "construction" people as family/friends they can get a contractors discount at HD and Lowe's. It helps. My husband gets it, i think it's like 10%.
The only way they usually give these is with their commercial credit cards and it is 5%.

You can take your list of materials to Lowes & Home Depot and they will give you a quote too. Make sure to get them to include delivery and sales tax when you get the prices.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2012, 02:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
gumhead has posted more than 25 good deals
If you sign up on the lowes site you can get a 10% off coupon. Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring under the moving sections. Also, if you go to your local postoffice and get the address change packet there are Lowes coupons in it (most have it) Many other stores like Ace and Home Depot will honor the Lowes coupons.
The Following User Says Thank You to gumhead For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pgg has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Did anyone say yet that Lowes price matches? They will also offer a 10% discount if you produce a military ID. I have heard that some stores will do one or the other, but if you qualify, I would ask for both and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to pgg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!myoung has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Check out the paint section every time you are at Lowes or Home Depot. They usually have a cart, or a shelf with "oops" paint. You can get gallons for $5-$7 each and 5 gallon buckets for $15 each. Purchase colors you like and when you are ready to paint, you'll have what you need. You can also get colors that are similar to each other and mix them together (keep the finishes the same when mixing) if you need more than 1 gallon for a project. Or you could do stripes, accent walls, etc. Nothing wrong with the paint, just stuff that was colored wrong or returned by customers. I've even found 2 gallons of bright white satin paint there for $5 each! Worked great for my doors/trim in my house.
The Following User Says Thank You to myoung For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 AM

My Mood/Status:
sheblanca has posted more than 50 good deals
I ran across some 'oops' paint at Ace Hardware also. It looked like the same color I had just bought at Menards for 3 times the price.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:24 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!crazy8kids has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks! I just saved $200 at Lowes.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!abbylivismom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I found a coupon on sherwinwilliams.com for 30% off paint. That's awesome, my husband just saved $120 on paint for an upcoming job! More money in our pocket!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 PM

delsol1 has posted more than 400 great deals!delsol1 has posted more than 400 great deals!delsol1 has posted more than 400 great deals!delsol1 has posted more than 400 great deals!delsol1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Always check ebay. I've been amazed at what I find there. Doggie door (they are so expensive), filter for the fridge....random stuff that you hate to pay full price for.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung View Post
Check out the paint section every time you are at Lowes or Home Depot. They usually have a cart, or a shelf with "oops" paint. You can get gallons for $5-$7 each and 5 gallon buckets for $15 each. Purchase colors you like and when you are ready to paint, you'll have what you need. You can also get colors that are similar to each other and mix them together (keep the finishes the same when mixing) if you need more than 1 gallon for a project. Or you could do stripes, accent walls, etc. Nothing wrong with the paint, just stuff that was colored wrong or returned by customers. I've even found 2 gallons of bright white satin paint there for $5 each! Worked great for my doors/trim in my house.
this was going to be my tip as I've done it quite a bit. if you have a power drill you can buy an attachment (was about $5 for me) that will mix the paint, not sure what it's called but buy a 5 gallon bucket, dump in your colors and use this attachment (I'm sure they can tell you where it is if you tell them what you want it for). I have mixed different finishes together and they've painted fine but don't know if that will work for everyone. Just do your research on your finishes, you don't want to use flat paint in the kitchen cuz it doesn't wipe off well, etc.

I know everyone talks about Home Depot or Lowes cuz they are nationwide - do you have a Menards near you at all? they are more Midwest I believe but they have AWESOME deals and even some stuff that is free after rebate (in store credit).
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following User Says Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2016, 06:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
oh forgot to mention - join a local facebook rummage sale site and do "ISO" posts. you may not get a TON of materials, but some ppl might have something you never know. You can try freecycle too.
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
Old 04-09-2016, 03:01 PM

Back and ready to save money!
Supporting Member

rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rach has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love Menards! I am in MN and they have a lot of freebies after rebate and a lot of good deals on pantry items too.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:14 AM

phyte has posted more than 25 good deals
Will you second-hand gadgets or new stuff? I know there are tons of discount on second-hand marketing, I am tired of having my clothes in cupboards, so went to a garage sale and bought two beauties for $30. But it's from a local marketing, second-hand, old. I have to paint it again.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:24 PM

FullofMe002 has posted more than 1 good deal
read

Need greater place to settle down or have a vacation home!
Imagine living in a place of serenity, birds chirping and smelling that fresh air that most people only hear about; never experienced.
Good news for you! we have eco villages in Costa Rica where your dreams can come true and more! if you are interested in this feel free to PM me
many residents have used IRA 'self-directed to purchase with no tax penalty'. A great way to diversify!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 05:56 AM

RandyClary
Thanks.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:38 PM

Jackson666 has posted more than 5 good deals
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninnie27 View Post
My husband and I are in the process of buying a house. The house we are looking into needs alot, no I mean A LOT of work!!! If anybody knows of any coupons or has any tips on where or how to get some good deals, please feel free to help me out!!!! I recently learned about the post office, and also have found a coupon for ace hardware 50% off 1 item, but with all the work that this home needs, I'm goin to need more than that .... Thank you all for your help on this
Just go to this LANGRIA store, there are lots of deals on furniture. I bought their furniture before, good quality and you can get some deals from it.Hope you can find the thing you are looking for.