HEB Scorecard For Today: C-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
BrandiMT has posted more than 150 good deals!BrandiMT has posted more than 150 good deals!
HEB Scorecard for Today: C-

As I have experienced a large amount of interesting situations at HEB recently, I thought I'd comment on today's trip. It certainly wasn't the worst, but it's wasn't easy either. I just need to vent, because lately HEB is hit or miss with rude managers.

Clearly, I had a new cashier. She paused to read through every word on every coupon I had. When I bought a few bottles of Pom juice with 3 of the $1 off Any Pom Product coupon, she stopped everything and asked, "Did you buy 2 of these?" I said, "I actually bought 3." The sacker told her he knew I bought 3, but the cashier still made her take them all out of the bags. She then read through every line of the coupon, then said they must all be expired. I pointed out the expiration date, and finally she accepted them. Ugh! This was all followed by comments about my coupons, etc. etc....

Next up, my FOF items. This particular store has an ASM that is my nemesis. The poor cashier scanned the first FOF item properly (setting the old one aside), then proceeded to quickly scan everything on the belt. I had them sorted old one first, good one second, but she mixed them all up. To void the order and start over, the ASM had to be paged to help. When she arrived at the register, she looked at me and said, "They don't understand what's going on. You have to explain it better so you don't confuse them." TO ME! Isn't training cashiers her job?!?! Another sacker came over and began bagging the FOF items, and she snapped at him, "Just stop. It's all wrong."

In my FOF items, I had a gallon of milk, an OJ, and 2 types of Zingers snack cakes (one chocolate, one cherry). She spots the Zingers and calls someone on the phone. When I asked if there was a problem, she says, "You can't have 2 of the same thing." The manager she called told her they didn't know the policy. REALLY?? Now she was calling corporate, all for a stupid box of Zingers.

She asks the corporate contact (Ida?), "Can a customer get 2 of the same thing free?" I interrupted her, explaining they aren't the same item because they aren't the same UPC. Obviously, the answer from corporate was "no" because her question was inaccurate. I chose the chocolate ones, and the others stayed behind. I politely told her that all of the lemon ones on the shelf are expired too, so she may want to pull them. She replied, "You better believe I'm going back there right now. In the future, try not to confuse the cashier."

What a pain in the butt! Yeah, she's always like that with me. I can't stand that woman!! No matter how polite I try to be, she's always grumpy and difficult. If I wanted this much grief, I'd shop at Vintage Park!!!

Sorry, I just had to vent!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandiMT For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:49 AM

RE: HEB Scorecard for Today: C-

Thankful for what I Have..

My Mood/Status:
princess_tia has posted more than 300 great deals!princess_tia has posted more than 300 great deals!princess_tia has posted more than 300 great deals!princess_tia has posted more than 300 great deals!
what a pain.. some people at h.e.b drive me insane.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Momma Of Sarah Elizbeth (4)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Proud Wife.
Cousins: Michael, Shawn, Donavan and Timothy Aunt & Uncle: Donna and Tim

When Times Are Hard Just Smile and Think of What You Have... Not What You Want.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM

10 days til my cruise!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I know you have posted several problems in the past. I admire you for continuing to shop there. I think I would find a different HEB even if it meant driving a bit.
and Thad (17)
, 5
and 1

Join us in the
!

The Following User Says Thank You to vnme99 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
jzhidalgo has posted more than 200 great deals!jzhidalgo has posted more than 200 great deals!jzhidalgo has posted more than 200 great deals!
I went in to my local HEB the other day and I had my normal grocery items and a few clearanced items. I asked the normally nice ASM who I check out with a lot to come over because I knew she was going to have to override some things on the clearance because I had coupons on them. She informed me that they no longer take coupons on clearanced items. i said oh really since when? It does not state that in your policy? She said well that is what I was told if it's gonna be free it's a no no. So there fore I made her void my whole transaction and take everything including groceries back. I was not going to sit there and allow her to make up her own coupon policy.
I have in past experience gotten a rude cashier like you got and I immediately called coporate and reported her and had a call back from the store manager in like 2 hours and I can tell you that the particular cashier I had a run in with no longer checks out she is a door greeter now. I don't know why HEB has to make it so hard when all we want to do is save some money.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
pl40 has posted more than 25 good deals
I had a manager argue with me over stacking B coupons and Manf. She had the policy book in habd and still argued until she saw that I was right! She says " ooooooooh you are right!" Learn something new everyday" WTH??? Wow dont know how she got to be a manager!!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
missshannen has posted more than 75 good deals!
Oh Brandi I feel your pain. every time I go to my HEB the cashiers are super sweet but there is an old mean lady In the cheese dept. She actually chased me down today to say she knows who I am from my coupon app! this coupon site! seriously she was like a stalker and I was really scared. she said good luck leaving the store with my FOF. I also bought my groceries by the way! I saw her get a manager and point me out to him( weird) So I introduced myself to him and asked if there was something I was doing wrong. he said NO! You are fine. He was really nice too. but this mean lady actually scared me today. She left her dept. to find me and be mean. also the fact that she KNOWS who I am is SPOOKY. Why would a cheese lady care about a customer following the store policy. I must say that HEB is my favorite store but I don't want to be chased down every time by a crazy cheese lady.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I know a crazy cheese lady in a HEB too .. In cypress market HEB in houston shes a nut bag !! she will follow you around and tell you how its not right that people get things for free , I explained to her .."well if you did your job and checked the dates then no one would get anything now would they?"
Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicily01
I know a crazy cheese lady in a HEB too .. In cypress market HEB in houston shes a nut bag !! she will follow you around and tell you how its not right that people get things for free , I explained to her .."well if you did your job and checked the dates then no one would get anything now would they?"
Well I am disabled from a car accident and as soon as my DH found out he promptly spoke with the Manager and I don't think she is going to bother me anymore. she was just scary! It's the HEB at Barker Cypress. he is the only employee there that is like that. everyone in the store is so sweet..
Sounds like I'm not the only one then. I like the store but am a scared to have to deal with her. I don't even go to the cheeses are now at all. EVEN though that's where I can always find FOF!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!sicily01 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missshannen View Post
Well I am disabled from a car accident and as soon as my DH found out he promptly spoke with the Manager and I don't think she is going to bother me anymore. she was just scary! It's the HEB at Barker Cypress. he is the only employee there that is like that. everyone in the store is so sweet..
Sounds like I'm not the only one then. I like the store but am a scared to have to deal with her. I don't even go to the cheeses are now at all. EVEN though that's where I can always find FOF!
yep thats the same one its called the cypress market .. that lady is a nut

Last edited by sicily01; 01-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Triscuit454 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnme99 View Post
I know you have posted several problems in the past. I admire you for continuing to shop there. I think I would find a different HEB even if it meant driving a bit.
I would too. Maybe it's because I live in a smaller town but I drive by at least 3 HEBs and a Walmart Super Center everyday just between my house and my daughter's school.

Sorry you have an HEB with an Asst. Mgr with such an attitude.
the best daughter in the world. Owned by 3
and 1
The Following User Says Thank You to Triscuit454 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicily01

yep thats the same one its called the cypress market .. that lady is a nut
Would super appreciate if you would write a letter to the manager Mario.
The Following User Says Thank You to missshannen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
FYI Cypress HEB has Sage flavored
Jimmy Dean Sausage on Clearance 5/$5
The Following User Says Thank You to missshannen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 PM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missshannen
So does the one by my house There's a $1/2 coupon you could use to make them 50c each - an awesome price for Jimmy Dean. Except I don't like Sage Sausage.

Want to get fit in 2014? Join us
!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdanalu

So does the one by my house There's a $1/2 coupon you could use to make them 50c each - an awesome price for Jimmy Dean. Except I don't like Sage Sausage.
Do u know where the q is from?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM

10 days til my cruise!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missshannen View Post
Dang, I love the sage sausage! Wish they were on sale at mine .
and Thad (17)
, 5
and 1

Join us in the
!

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnme99

Dang, I love the sage sausage! Wish they were on sale at mine .
I just found them in a the meat area and in the lunch meat area.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:18 PM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missshannen

Do u know where the q is from?
I think maybe one of the 1/8 inserts?

Want to get fit in 2014? Join us
!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
ginagirl4259 has posted more than 1 good deal
That made me just as mad. I noticed the other day at a HEB here in San Antonio on Nacogdoches they had their milk expired, whole and 2%. I proceeded to bring 4 gallons to the front. 2 whole (expired and not) and 2 2% (expired and not) and they let me know I could only get one.

Same thing for some boxed rices I got even though they were different flavors.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
My store only allows one also.