Vicks Q Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lola_rz has posted more than 25 good deals
Vicks Q question

I'm kinda new at couponing so I'm hoping the pros can help me with this. The p&g brand saver has a B2 Vicks G1 puffs free. Since H-E-B has cough drops @ .99 I was thinking buy 2 coughdrops and 1 box puffs. Use 2 $1/1 Vicks products and 1 bogo Q. All 3 free. Would this work?
The Following User Says Thank You to lola_rz For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:46 AM

RE: Vicks Q question

My Mood/Status:
BrandiMT has posted more than 150 good deals!BrandiMT has posted more than 150 good deals!
Yes, this does work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiMT
Yes, this does work.
Thanks!! Will go tmrw after BF shopping
Old 11-25-2011, 03:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Just got back from trying my Q's. The manager, who was also my cashier, refused to take my Q's even though none of them beeped. Makes me wish we had super kmarts or kroger around here!! Heb is not coupon friendly
Old 11-25-2011, 03:57 PM

Feeling GREAT !!

My Mood/Status:
ForZeroMan has posted more than 75 good deals!
Which P&G did you get the B2G1 free from. I can't find it in mine. Did the MGR. tell you, you were stacking Q's?
Old 11-25-2011, 04:13 PM

beautyqueen.fuentes26 has posted more than 75 good deals!
It looks like this q is coming out Sunday on the 27th, I read it on the preview, hth
Old 11-25-2011, 04:14 PM

Feeling GREAT !!

My Mood/Status:
ForZeroMan has posted more than 75 good deals!
How did she have it to take to the store today?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
BrandiMT has posted more than 150 good deals!BrandiMT has posted more than 150 good deals!
I misunderstood the OP. I thought it was another HEB yellow Q for free Puffs with Vicks. I've used those before, and had no issues (except with one cranky cashier).

I haven't seen the P&G Vicks/Puffs Q.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!
All those coupons are out in p&g's..I have seen them!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:52 PM

5 days until my cruise!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola_rz
Just got back from trying my Q's. The manager, who was also my cashier, refused to take my Q's even though none of them beeped. Makes me wish we had super kmarts or kroger around here!! Heb is not coupon friendly
Did the manager give you a reason why they were being refused?
and Thad (17)
, 5
and 1

Join us in the
!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnme99

Did the manager give you a reason why they were being refused?
He said the B2G free puffs had 'Vicks' on it so that coupon was a discount on those items as well. He said I had to choose one or the other Q. I explained to him that the register did not beep because the bogo Q was for Puffs so I should be able to use the Vicks as well.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:57 PM

5 days until my cruise!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!vnme99 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:

He said the B2G free puffs had 'Vicks' on it so that coupon was a discount on those items as well. He said I had to choose one or the other Q. I explained to him that the register did not beep because the bogo Q was for Puffs so I should be able to use the Vicks as well.
I would try it again either at a different store or be sure and don't get him as a cashier!
and Thad (17)
, 5
and 1

Join us in the
!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForZeroMan
How did she have it to take to the store today?
Also, my area (south TX) got the p&g in Wednesday's paper along with black Friday ads. I just looked at my Sunday paper and they are included again. Guess we're lucky in that area but unfortunately not with coupon friendly hebs.

If anyone else is able to get these please let me know how it went. TIA
Old 11-26-2011, 12:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnme99

I would try it again either at a different store or be sure and don't get him as a cashier!
I'm gonna try my usual heb this time. They give me a hard time usually with B Q's combined w MQ's. Hoping this will work.

Another interesting coupon I saw at that store was $30 yellow B for sonicare essence 5300. It was on sale for 53 and some change I believe. Can't remember exact numbers. I'm wondering if the $25 sonicare Q works on this particular TB. Would be free if Q is adjusted.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!
My HEB says they wont take coupons over the amt. of the item...even the .99 cent cough drops and the $1.00 coupon...and they wont adjust either and tell me it is in their policy.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 AM

5 days until my cruise!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdubow View Post
My HEB says they wont take coupons over the amt. of the item...even the .99 cent cough drops and the $1.00 coupon...and they wont adjust either and tell me it is in their policy.
Here's what their official policy states on their website:

H-E-B cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.

It does not say it won't take a coupon greater than the amount of the item just that they will not give cash back. Print the policy and carry it with you. When you're told that something is in their policy that you know isn't, pull it out and ask them to show you where. I feel very fortunate that the HEBs I shop at I have not encountered this problem (yet?).
and Thad (17)
, 5
and 1

Join us in the
!

Old 11-26-2011, 04:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
I feel very fortunate that the HEBs I shop at I have not encountered this problem (yet?).[/quote]

What area are u from? I went to another heb about 20 mins away. They were friendly and didn't question my Q's. No beeps just asked for management approval, I guess bc of the overage. Just wish I didn't have to drive so far.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:38 PM

5 days until my cruise!
AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola_rz View Post
I feel very fortunate that the HEBs I shop at I have not encountered this problem (yet?).
What area are u from? I went to another heb about 20 mins away. They were friendly and didn't question my Q's. No beeps just asked for management approval, I guess bc of the overage. Just wish I didn't have to drive so far.[/quote]

I live just east of Austin. I'm glad it worked for you at the other store!
and Thad (17)
, 5
and 1

Join us in the
!

Old 11-26-2011, 04:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I feel very fortunate that the HEBs I shop at I have not encountered this problem (yet?).
What area are u from? I went to another heb about 30 mins away. They were friendly and didn't question my Q's. No beeps just asked for management approval, I guess bc of the overage. Just wish I didn't have to drive so far.[/quote]
Old 11-26-2011, 07:01 PM

amk04 has posted more than 150 good deals!amk04 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola_rz View Post
I'm gonna try my usual heb this time. They give me a hard time usually with B Q's combined w MQ's. Hoping this will work.

Another interesting coupon I saw at that store was $30 yellow B for sonicare essence 5300. It was on sale for 53 and some change I believe. Can't remember exact numbers. I'm wondering if the $25 sonicare Q works on this particular TB. Would be free if Q is adjusted.
where did you find the 25q? the biggest one i have is a 15...
Old 11-28-2011, 05:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amk04

where did you find the 25q? the biggest one i have is a 15...
The q expires 1/31/12. I think it's an old smart source.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2261602185.jpg (10.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by lola_rz; 11-29-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 AM

My Mood/Status:
I went to another heb to verify. The toothbrush is 58.64 and the heb BQ is $34. Minus that $25 MQ. The yellow Q was specific for that store though. I didn't find it at this other store. I wanna try it but that heb gives me a hard time w Q's

Last edited by lola_rz; 11-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 AM

jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jessbme has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
The $25 q isn't for the 5300 anyway, sorry cheapest I've found one of the models listed on that q is $119