Heb Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ednitai has posted more than 100 good deals!ednitai has posted more than 100 good deals!
heb tips

HEB can be a money saver but you have to know their tricks:

1. Large clearance selection usually found at "value" stores, these are stores in lower social economical sides of town. No pattern, just have to drop by every once in a while. I've picked up that the day of Lone Star activations, they bring out carts full of markdown, items. I hate the traffic in the store during these days, but it's worth it in savings. Don't go too early on these days, most clearance items go out in mid afternoon since the rush comes in "after" school lets out.

2. Use coupons on top of their mark down prices (I've gotten several items for free). Call stores, ask to speak to the manager and ask if they plan to bring out markdowns, won't hurt.

3. Meats: I only buy meats when they are reduced for quick sale. The trick is what date and time to check for these mark downs. First, small pantry stores and most value stores won't do many of these mark down. Their product churns quickly so it rarely gets to the point of "quick sale" mark down. Don't go the day of or the day or two after LoneStar activation, again, product churns quickly on these days. Go early in the morning about 8:30 or 9 am. Sometime going at 10 pm you will find these markdowns, I find that I get luckier in the morning. Thursdays are good days for some reason, no logic, just the way it happens.

4. Lastly, take advantage of their meal deals and combo locos, sometimes the product you need to buy to get the free item (s) has a coupon you can coupon stack (can't use the coupon on the free items).

I hope these tips help.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ednitai For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:37 PM

RE: heb tips

My Mood/Status:
melodystrother has posted more than 400 great deals!melodystrother has posted more than 400 great deals!melodystrother has posted more than 400 great deals!melodystrother has posted more than 400 great deals!melodystrother has posted more than 400 great deals!
thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM

RE: heb tips

I'm in a New York state of mind...

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for this info! Needed to read up on HEB & this was very informative!