LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 AM

RE: Help with Hawaii Couponing

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

noMOkala808 has posted more than 1 good deal
Stacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincaidia View Post
Just a follow up to my Target question...I did go to the store with my manufacturer's and printed Target coupons in hand. I was able to stack the coupons and got some really great deals! I was able to reduce my total by almost $10. They also had a bunch of items marked down so don't forget to look for those little reddish orange clearance stickers! Also, Target almost always has a coupon for a discount at the cafe. My nephew was able to enjoy his Pizza Hut breadsticks for $.50 off. I also sign up for Target coupon texts. It's a convenient way for me to save even more money. Happy shopping!
In case anyone wants to know, Walgreens stacks coupons too They will allow you to use both the ad coupons or instant coupons (which come in the little booklets) along with your manufacturer coupons. That is definitely a rarity here in Hawaii.

I love that there are better local forums and blogs for couponing, so that we can come and share our couponing experiences with others.
The Following User Says Thank You to noMOkala808 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 AM

noMOkala808 has posted more than 1 good deal
Free w/coupon

STOKED! Walgreens has oral-b toothbrushes 2/$2 this week (It's not in the ad). Sunday's paper (7/3) had a P&G coupon for $2 off 2 oral-b indicator toothbrushes, which means... they are FREE (w/the coupon of course). WooHoo! Get them before they run out!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM

The Thrifty Military Wife
Hi! Im new to Hawaii, we've been here for about a month now. So far Ive shopped @ Walmart, Longs Drugs & the Commissary and was able to score a lot of freebies/cheap things. I was worried moving here that I wouldn't be able to save as much as I did in VA.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM

Mauicouponers has posted more than 5 good deals
Aloha from the island of Maui!

Yes indeed, couponing in Hawaii is harder than on the mainland. However, when you figure out the ins and outs, getting deals is possible!

You were right in thinking Longs Drugs doesn't participate in ECB promotions. However Longs has good in-store sales and temporary price reductions. When you use coupons with these sales, it's easy to get free products! I've also heard that Longs accepts CVS ExtraCare cards. We'll have to see!

When Walgreens has RR, it usually isn't as much or the product cost more. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't good deals. It just means that when there are, you need to stock up!

Unfortunately, there are no stores that double coupons that we've been able to find. On the up side, Walmart does allow overage, though you WILL need the coupon policy in case the cashiers don't know about it.

As for blogs with ad-matches, I know that mauicouponers.com does ad match.

I hope this helps! Aloha!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM

savingmommaof2
Catalina

Hey there couponers! I'm from SC but my sister and her family recently relocated to HI for military. I'm trying to help her out with couponing there. I have searched coupon policies and am bent on getting her some extreme deals like we get here. I just called Safeway for her about an hour ago and spoke with someone to find out if they double coupons. I was SO happy to hear a YES to this question!!! I asked the lady what they double up to and she said "typically $0.75, but it depends on the manager on duty's discretion, but it could be doubled up to $1.00"! WOW!!! That's better than anything around here! This was an awesome help to getting her pointed in the right direction. Of course, she will also be receiving full coupon inserts from me to help give her a boost. If anyone knows someone on the mainland that could do the same for them, I'm sure it would be of great help. This Sunday's paper is going to have one P&G insert, one SmartSource insert, and two RedPlum inserts!

Hope this helps y'all to more extreme couponing out that way! Good luck and happy couponing!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
LeahLou1976 has posted more than 5 good deals
I too live in Hawaii, and just started couponing. The main reason is because of the price of items being so much more expensive here. I have started with Walgreens, they seem to have good deals by using multiple coupons and receiving register rewards. I have a trip planned to go to Walmart soon with all my coupons!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Walmart

Did you know that the Walmart's on Oahu charge higher prices in town versus in Mililani or Kunia? I guess Walmart has "rural" and "city" prices depending on the location. Just an FYI for everyone.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
I heard that the commissary takes expired coupons for up to 6 months past it's expiration date. I would love to donate my expired coupons to military families, but am unsure as to where to send them. If you would like them, let me know and I can mail them to you!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:49 PM

lala2011 has posted more than 1 good deal
HI!!!!! I'm new to couponing as well.... just came across this site and was happy to see that there are ppl on oahu doing this. I had a bunch of questions answered just by reading this. I started to wonder who else did this out here bc i'm thinking it's not easy. So, how are you all doing? Please let me know what you all have come up with so far.... I would like to know how you are using your coupons and where...
The Following User Says Thank You to lala2011 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
Walgreens

I just started with Walgreens and buying only the items I would use that have Register Rewards. Last week I got the following twice:

Complete Eye Solution ($8.98-1.00 Manu coupon=$7.98 and received $8 in Register Rewards (RR)!!) So basically, I made 2 cents everytime! I also got the Celidryn, a joint reliever supplement. It was $10.00 and you received $10.00 in RR. I did this twice for each item throughout the week.

This is a good store to start with cause you can use a manufacture and store coupon and receive rr's all on a single item!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Some Good Sites

Aloha!

As many of you have said, couponing in Hawaii is harder than on the Mainland. However, I have found some good sites for couponing in Hawaii. They are mauicouponers.com, alohadeals.blogspot.com, and hawaiicouponing.com. The first one, mauicouponers, does ad matches for Safeway and Walgreens which I find really helpful. They also have a GREAT deal posted today for FREE toothpaste at Walgreens (it's today's coupon of the day)! Hope this helps start you of on your couponing adventures!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mauicouponers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Wow, this is great!! Thank you!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM

any good sites for price matching here in hi?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:37 PM

will the walmart here start dbling qs?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:38 PM

Aloha!
There are two sites that I know of that do ad matches for Hawaii. Mauicouponers.com does ad matches for Safeway and Walgreens, and myalohadeals.net ocasionally does them for Longs and Times. Hopes this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mauicouponers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2011, 07:47 PM

Live*Love*Laugh
Savy Saver

My Mood/Status:
Alohalk has posted more than 5 good deals
Liked seeing this Hawaii link. Gotta share that *aloha*. Mahalo for the info peeps
The Following User Says Thank You to Alohalk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2011, 02:15 AM

killerredtex
Thank You Newbie to couponing

Hello all,

We are a military family as well living on the leeward side. We are new to the couponing scene and would like to get together with other couponers and learn the system. We have been doing a little research on coupons and starting small. Email us if you would like to share information.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
pattondollard
moving to Hawaii

Hi we are military and moving to Hawaii this summer. I have been a couponer for over 10 years and I hate to get rid of my stockpile. What can I bring? I tried to ask transportation but they thought I was crazy and said to just get rid of everything.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:42 PM

hawaiicouponmama has posted more than 1 good deal
I have a Hawaii blog and Facebook page savingwithaloha.com!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
poglaus has posted more than 25 good deals
I have a SIL who lives in Pearl city, HI and she said most of the Walgreens there do not have inventories but only provide Pharmacy services...are most of Walgreens in Hawaii like this?
The Following User Says Thank You to poglaus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM

Live*Love*Laugh
Savy Saver

My Mood/Status:
Alohalk has posted more than 5 good deals
Waipahu Walgreens is like that...the others like Kalihi & Kailua aren't. She should try those
The Following User Says Thank You to Alohalk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM

nikkicaligirl
Aloha ladies!!! Im in Aiea and would love to be in the deal loop!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:16 PM

couponspage
Commissary couponers

Hi! I just moved here recently from florida, and I noticed it's way too hard to do couponing here than mainland, the prices of each item is like addtional 10% here comparing. I would like to meet and make friends here and do some couponswap here is honolulu hawaii if there's anyone who live by.. (actually more of gettingadvice and making friends) Thanks!