Our Shopping Trips 08/03/11 - 08/09/11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:19 PM

RE: Our Shopping Trips 08/03/11 - 08/09/11

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I love HT. For some reason, my e-vic coupons keep coming back. I am going back tomorrow for a third trip. Wonder what's up?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 PM

tired

My Mood/Status:
Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Nirakina has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My evic coupons are coming back as well, the P&G ones, and I've never seen that happen before. I had used the ones for the mouthwash and the bodywash earlier in the week, checked to today and they were both back so I went and used them again tonight. When I go home I was able to load them again! I doubt I will make it up there tomorrow to use them before the sales end but still pretty neat.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 PM

djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!djones9714 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
With all of these free items, I really am starting to feel that I am cheating somehow. LOL. I love the ZVRs. I wish Safeway would treat their scan to card coupons the same way.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
aurorahorse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aurorahorse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aurorahorse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aurorahorse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aurorahorse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!aurorahorse has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyroberts View Post
I must have the only HT that does NOT have the Velveeta Skillet Dinners
They're with the Hamburger Helper...have you tried there? It took 4 people or so at 2 stores to figure that out!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 PM

TimTamz75 has posted more than 200 great deals!TimTamz75 has posted more than 200 great deals!TimTamz75 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Heads up ladies. I made one trip today, came home, and re-loaded the ZVRs. My hubby was going out tonight and was going to make a stop to pick up a few things, I sent him with the Qs and list. He was going to get the Skillets and Mac and cheese, body wash, and several of the items that I got on my first trip. The ZVRs did NOT come off at the checkout at ALL. I'm not sure if this happened because there's a glitch or if they are going to be limiting purchases to once per day? He went to customer service after he'd paid and asked. The lady at customer service manually entered everything, except the Gillette bodywash, which he says she told him wasn't on there, but when I checked, it was still there. He told her he didn't want the bodywash after all, so he asked for the refund on that. The Qs were still on there to save again after he returned, though. Just figured I'd let everyone know, in case they are planning to make more than one trip tomorrow before the new sale starts. Be aware, though, that if you do make more than one trip, and this happens and you have to have them manually enter it, the b1g1s go to $2.50 and $1.50 off, instead of the full price. Also, the Nerds candies (singles) are on clearance for 49˘. If you have the $1.00/2 tearpad Q, the Q takes off the full dollar, so you have a 1˘MM per box. I bought 16 packages there today. I'm giving these out for Halloween.

Last edited by TimTamz75; 08-08-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: needed to add info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimTamz75 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!400000coupons has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTamz75
Heads up ladies. I made one trip today, came home, and re-loaded the ZVRs. My hubby was going out tonight and was going to make a stop to pick up a few things, I sent him with the Qs and list. He was going to get the Skillets and Mac and cheese, body wash, and several of the items that I got on my first trip. The ZVRs did NOT come off at the checkout at ALL. I'm not sure if this happened because there's a glitch or if they are going to be limiting purchases to once per day? He went to customer service after he'd paid and asked. The lady at customer service manually entered everything, except the Gillette bodywash, which he says she told him wasn't on there, but when I checked, it was still there. He told her he didn't want the bodywash after all, so he asked for the refund on that. The Qs were still on there to save again after he returned, though. Just figured I'd let everyone know, in case they are planning to make more than one trip tomorrow before the new sale starts. Be aware, though, that if you do make more than one trip, and this happens and you have to have them manually enter it, the b1g1s go to $2.50 and $1.50 off, instead of the full price. Also, the Nerds candies (singles) are on clearance for 49˘. If you have the $1.00/2 tearpad Q, the Q takes off the full dollar, so you have a 1˘MM per box. I bought 16 packages there today. I'm giving these out for Halloween.
I went in tonight with my sister with the intention of doing as many trans as possible. We both checked out 3 times each. Trans #1 was at self checkout. No problems. I don't have my card, so I entered my # manually.
Trans #2 was at a register. The cashier entered my phone # wrong, so it gave my someone else's card. My ZVRs didn't come off, so I cancelled the trans and tried again, this time it worked. Trans #3 she enter my # right, but ZVRs didn't come off AGAIN, so I cancelled it again, this time re-ringing everything, but putting my # in FIRST. I've had trouble with putting my # in last before and was glad it was a fairly simple fix.

In short: a physical card is more reliable than a phone # and put the #/card in FIRST.

Learn something new every day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 400000coupons For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 PM

TimTamz75 has posted more than 200 great deals!TimTamz75 has posted more than 200 great deals!TimTamz75 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400000coupons View Post
I went in tonight with my sister with the intention of doing as many trans as possible. We both checked out 3 times each. Trans #1 was at self checkout. No problems. I don't have my card, so I entered my # manually.
Trans #2 was at a register. The cashier entered my phone # wrong, so it gave my someone else's card. My ZVRs didn't come off, so I cancelled the trans and tried again, this time it worked. Trans #3 she enter my # right, but ZVRs didn't come off AGAIN, so I cancelled it again, this time re-ringing everything, but putting my # in FIRST. I've had trouble with putting my # in last before and was glad it was a fairly simple fix.

In short: a physical card is more reliable than a phone # and put the #/card in FIRST.

Ah. Well, my husband said that the lady at customer service told him that he wasn't the first to complain about it? She said that quite a few customers had come up to the customer service desk this evening, all with virtually the same items. So, I don't know. Just trying to be helpful in case there was an issue with ZVRs. Thanks for letting me know that all is well. I just asked my husband and he said the card was definitely scanned before any items were. **shrugs**
The Following User Says Thank You to TimTamz75 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 03:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!kathyroberts has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorahorse View Post
They're with the Hamburger Helper...have you tried there? It took 4 people or so at 2 stores to figure that out!
The store closest to my house never even got them in. I went to the next closest store and did find a few boxes. So I'm happy to have finally got in on the deal
The Following User Says Thank You to kathyroberts For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 04:53 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTamz75 View Post
I don't think it had anything to do with doing more than one trip. I've been doing 2 trips a day everyday since we first got the Velveeta ZVRs and they've all worked perfectly until yesterday. Yesterday I did only one trip and not one single ZVR came off. What a pain. This happened to me one other time a few weeks ago. The ZVR YTD section doesn't even print on the receipt -as if ZVR's don't even exist. Even the CS manager thought it was werid.
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tygar103 has posted more than 200 great deals!Tygar103 has posted more than 200 great deals!Tygar103 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy

I don't think it had anything to do with doing more than one trip. I've been doing 2 trips a day everyday since we first got the Velveeta ZVRs and they've all worked perfectly until yesterday. Yesterday I did only one trip and not one single ZVR came off. What a pain. This happened to me one other time a few weeks ago. The ZVR YTD section doesn't even print on the receipt -as if ZVR's don't even exist. Even the CS manager thought it was werid.
Have you noticed that under coupons on the bottom of your receipt they now include the sale prices as "coupons" so it's not a true reflection of what your coupons actually were. Just their beefed up version. Lol I noticed it changed about a month ago on my receipts.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygar103 View Post
Have you noticed that under coupons on the bottom of your receipt they now include the sale prices as "coupons" so it's not a true reflection of what your coupons actually were. Just their beefed up version. Lol I noticed it changed about a month ago on my receipts.
I thought it was always that way. "coupons tendered" includes Vic, eVic, actual coupons and e q's - at least that's the way I've always understood it to be. They also seperate out your Vic Savings -
Harris Teeter!

Last edited by Moggy; 08-09-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: didn't make sense.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400000coupons View Post

That has happened to me too when they don't enter the phone# or card 1st the zvrs don't come off.

Sometimes the cashiers are so fast to grab your items and start scanning before getting your card.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Ah. Well, my husband said that the lady at customer service told him that he wasn't the first to complain about it? She said that quite a few customers had come up to the customer service desk this evening, all with virtually the same items. So, I don't know. Just trying to be helpful in case there was an issue with ZVRs. Thanks for letting me know that all is well. I just asked my husband and he said the card was definitely scanned before any items were. **shrugs**
My card was scanned first as well - and none of mine came off. I think they were having issues yesterday. I hope they have it fixed because I sure don't want to have to hang around CS for 20 minutes again while they sort it all out.
Harris Teeter!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:34 AM

jennbragg has posted more than 25 good deals
My "coupons tendered" section has always included all savings, coupons and Vic card.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbragg View Post
My "coupons tendered" section has always included all savings, coupons and Vic card.
That's what I thought.
Harris Teeter!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:23 AM

Shopping one good deal at a time...

My Mood/Status:
Islandspyce has posted more than 100 good deals!Islandspyce has posted more than 100 good deals!
This started happening to me on Friday, I thought it was a fluke but then again on Sunday. I've sent emails to Zavers and called Harris Teeter because I thought it was just me having changed my email on the Harris Teeter site and perhaps that was the reason. Harris Teeter said my e-coupons would be available to me on Wed. I guess I'll see if that is true, perhaps I'll test one thing before I get started buying a cart full of items at full price!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Not glad that you had to stand around CS, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking it might be my store or something, since the CS manager told hubby that it had been an issue all evening. As of late, I've become quite well acquainted with this lady at customer service. Thank goodness she's nice!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 AM

I stopped at HT this morning and exact same thing happened to me. Even though the e-vic coupons were on my card, it did not take anything off. I just figured it was because they had caught their mistake and would not let me use them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to djones9714 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Not glad that you had to stand around CS, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking it might be my store or something, since the CS manager told hubby that it had been an issue all evening. As of late, I've become quite well acquainted with this lady at customer service. Thank goodness she's nice!
I know right? All but one of my CS people are super nice.

I'm happy to report that I just made my HT run and all of my ZVR's worked like a charm. I decided to use self checkout so I could see right away if they were working. I would scan an item and then hit "pay now" - the ZVR would come off and then I'd hit 'back' and do the same with the next item. It was a lot easier than finding out at the end that none of them worked. I used $28.65 in ZVR's today.

I've been wondering, how much has everyone saved w/ ZVR's so far? My YTD is $264.80! I love ZVRs (when they work properly )
Harris Teeter!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Oh, and all of my ZVR's came back for reloading - this'll make the 4th time I've loaded the P&G ones and 8 or 9 times on the Velveeta I think.
Harris Teeter!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Thanks for the tip. I think I will try this during lunch because my mom really wants some of the Clairol.
The Following User Says Thank You to djones9714 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
nancybotwin has posted more than 10 good deals
when i find my receipt, i will post my deals
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I know right? All but one of my CS people are super nice.

I'm happy to report that I just made my HT run and all of my ZVR's worked like a charm. I decided to use self checkout so I could see right away if they were working. I would scan an item and then hit "pay now" - the ZVR would come off and then I'd hit 'back' and do the same with the next item. It was a lot easier than finding out at the end that none of them worked. I used $28.65 in ZVR's today.

I've been wondering, how much has everyone saved w/ ZVR's so far? My YTD is $264.80! I love ZVRs (when they work properly )
I've never done the self-checkout. When it beeps or something, I might freak out. Mine equals $96.83. That's since the middle of July, when I used my first one. Not too shabby, considering it's been less than a month.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I've never done the self-checkout. When it beeps or something, I might freak out. Mine equals $96.83. That's since the middle of July, when I used my first one. Not too shabby, considering it's been less than a month.
I love using self check out, as long as its not lunch time because I feel bad holding up all the folks on their lunch breaks. But the cashiers who man the self checkout lanes are really nice and helpful. I watched one lady today who had to be helped through almost her entire transaction and the cashier was very patient and nice to her. I just wish we could scan our own coupons too, like we can at Foodlion here. I love being in control - that way I know nothing will get missed.
Harris Teeter!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I love using self check out, as long as its not lunch time because I feel bad holding up all the folks on their lunch breaks. But the cashiers who man the self checkout lanes are really nice and helpful. I watched one lady today who had to be helped through almost her entire transaction and the cashier was very patient and nice to her. I just wish we could scan our own coupons too, like we can at Foodlion here. I love being in control - that way I know nothing will get missed.
A newbie question, but you have to call the cashier who watches over the self-checkout to scan them for you, right?