Quaker Deal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

queen620 has posted more than 100 good deals!queen620 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quaker deal

I haven't seen this mentioned. Last night when I was at my usual HT I was planning on buying 16oz can Quaker Oatmeal. They were on sale for $1.50- $1 Q from a few weeks ago it was $.50 a can. There was also a shelf tag stating if you bought 5 participating Quaker products (bars, oatmeal & cereal) you got a Tropicana OJ or Tropicana Trop 50% for FREE.

So after sale & Qs I got 5 cans of oatmeal & 1 59 oz Tropicana OJ for $2.50.

Since the Quaker coupons were $1 and weren't doubling, I didn't have any problems with them taking 5 Q for each transaction.

I have been buying so much oatmeal the last 2 weeks. We eat lots and lots of oatmeal so this is a good deal for us!

On a side note, I have been couponing for a year and have only bought oatmeal a few times. Normally I would go to Aldi & stock up which is in a bad location and big hassle to get there. After this week I will have gone through 45 Quaker Q and I think that might be enough to last 6 months. We have 4 kids and we eat lots and lots of oatmeal & cereal. The Q don't expire until 4/30/11. If I buy another 20 or 40 will they still be on sale the next few months or is this something that just goes on sale during January and I will be stuck with all these Q and not good deals?
Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to queen620 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 08:44 AM

RE: Quaker deal

sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!sparklecat2009 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
It is my understanding that most sales cycle every 6-8 weeks but it sounds like in the midwest it is not as often. I have found the 6-8 weeks thing true for my area. Some sales are better than others.
The Following User Says Thank You to sparklecat2009 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 AM

My Mood/Status:
taylorcpa has posted more than 300 great deals!taylorcpa has posted more than 300 great deals!taylorcpa has posted more than 300 great deals!taylorcpa has posted more than 300 great deals!
Most of the time those tags have dates on them so if you go, could you see how long it's good? TIA

Also, I usually only get to stock up on oatmeal once a year so I would say this would be the time!
The Following User Says Thank You to taylorcpa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 12:24 PM

queen620 has posted more than 100 good deals!queen620 has posted more than 100 good deals!
The end date said 1-18, so I guess just this sales week. I would have ordered more Q if I had known, but I didn't see it anywhere on HT weekly email or store flier. The sale also include Quaker granola bars, & some of the cereals; I think the boxed oatmeal was included. It looked like it covered all Quaker breakfast items...the shelf tag had a picture that included several granola bars, cereal & oatmeal.

I live in Greensboro, NC and I do see definite sale cycles but they seem to be more like every 12 weeks. At least to get the lowest prices, but I haven't seen Quaker stuff this cheap since maybe back to school last August and it coincided with Super Doubles.
The Following User Says Thank You to queen620 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM

lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lilagirl has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thank you for posting this deal! I was going to HT today anyway and had 5 those coupons so it worked out perfect! Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to lilagirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 02:59 PM

Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Fleur has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by queen620 View Post
On a side note, I have been couponing for a year and have only bought oatmeal a few times. Normally I would go to Aldi & stock up which is in a bad location and big hassle to get there. After this week I will have gone through 45 Quaker Q and I think that might be enough to last 6 months. We have 4 kids and we eat lots and lots of oatmeal & cereal. The Q don't expire until 4/30/11. If I buy another 20 or 40 will they still be on sale the next few months or is this something that just goes on sale during January and I will be stuck with all these Q and not good deals?
Thanks.
If you have a $1 Q with that long of an XP date, I would think you would be able to get the cans free eventually at a super doubles event. I haven't paid for oatmeal at all in a while. (But the juice deal might be a better one for you if you like the juice?). It seems that usually there is an SDs where the cans are on sale for $1.50, and you have another 15 months to catch one. But I can't guarantee it obviously.

Your deal is still a great deal!

Last edited by Fleur; 01-17-2011 at 03:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 03:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
amstrother has posted more than 200 great deals!amstrother has posted more than 200 great deals!amstrother has posted more than 200 great deals!
where are the quaker q's?

Where did you get the quaker q's from. we love oatmeal, and I can never find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen620 View Post
I haven't seen this mentioned. Last night when I was at my usual HT I was planning on buying 16oz can Quaker Oatmeal. They were on sale for $1.50- $1 Q from a few weeks ago it was $.50 a can. There was also a shelf tag stating if you bought 5 participating Quaker products (bars, oatmeal & cereal) you got a Tropicana OJ or Tropicana Trop 50% for FREE.

So after sale & Qs I got 5 cans of oatmeal & 1 59 oz Tropicana OJ for $2.50.

Since the Quaker coupons were $1 and weren't doubling, I didn't have any problems with them taking 5 Q for each transaction.

I have been buying so much oatmeal the last 2 weeks. We eat lots and lots of oatmeal so this is a good deal for us!

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to amstrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 PM

amstrother-1-2-11 RP and then I bought several sets off of ebay for $4 or so. That was a lot more than I normally pay, but I guess they don't come out very often.
The Following User Says Thank You to queen620 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 AM

Scrapbookgirl933 has posted more than 300 great deals!Scrapbookgirl933 has posted more than 300 great deals!Scrapbookgirl933 has posted more than 300 great deals!Scrapbookgirl933 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Pretty certain Food Lion is going to run a deal this week that is very similar. Not sure what their price for oatmeal is, but I know I saw the buy 5 and get an OJ free in the ad that starts tomorrow.

Christy
The Following User Says Thank You to Scrapbookgirl933 For This Useful Post: