Okay, Who Sent Their Hubby Shopping Yesterday With Their Binder...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 PM

RE: Okay, who sent their hubby shopping yesterday with their binder...

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cndij has posted more than 200 great deals!cndij has posted more than 200 great deals!cndij has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have gradually gotten my husband into it (no binder though) starting out with just a few coupons at a time, until now he's fine with the whole 20 (plus some backups in case something is out) and loves it when the cashiers brag on him, but he always tells them I did all the work. He even asks for rain checks and once at CVS added a candy bar to get the total over what he needed to use a $5/$20 coupon. He gets a little aggravated if I make him go several days in a row, and have never asked him to break it into multiple transactions (don't want to push my luck)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cndij For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 08:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!angelabates1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Finally getting my husband to use coupons. He said that the store he goes to every day started accepting tobacco coupons. He was very excited to realize he could spend less than .50 on a can of tobacco. 15 yr old DD loves shopping at Walgreens with me. She loves that I need filler items to use RR. She has gum or whatever she wants ready. Thinks it ok since I don't pay alot OOP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelabates1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 PM

everprincess has posted more than 400 great deals!everprincess has posted more than 400 great deals!everprincess has posted more than 400 great deals!everprincess has posted more than 400 great deals!everprincess has posted more than 400 great deals!
My hubby is so great about couponing. He always asks "Do you have coupons for blank?" He and DS are great coupon hunters that the stores. I need to make a blinkie and tearpad run this weekend though I don't want to buy anything after Super Doubles LOL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to everprincess For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 AM

Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!
My husband is fine with me couponing, but I dont think he would be up for going on his own. He gets a little frustrated when he goes with me at the time it takes to go through the line with the coupons. He is always in a hurry whether needed or not. My son on the other hand is funny. He always asks when I pick him up from school if we are going to "the store with samples" (HT) or Rite Aid. When we are at the store he is always picking up something he likes and asking me if we have a coupon for it so we can buy it . By the time he is out on his own I think he will probably be able to coupon for himself after so many years of going to the store with me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beautyandthesoldier For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love reading about everyone's families with their coupons.
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mommy1224 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyandthesoldier View Post
My husband is fine with me couponing, but I dont think he would be up for going on his own. He gets a little frustrated when he goes with me at the time it takes to go through the line with the coupons. He is always in a hurry whether needed or not. My son on the other hand is funny. He always asks when I pick him up from school if we are going to "the store with samples" (HT) or Rite Aid. When we are at the store he is always picking up something he likes and asking me if we have a coupon for it so we can buy it . By the time he is out on his own I think he will probably be able to coupon for himself after so many years of going to the store with me.
my girl 10 and 13 always ask that too...they both know that coupons are $$$$.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommy1224 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 PM

Grounded for Life

ninamarie100 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ninamarie100 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ninamarie100 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ninamarie100 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ninamarie100 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ninamarie100 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I love this thread!

My ex is better now than he was when I first started couponing. About a year ago I sent him out to pick up a few items and I gave him 3 coupons. He said he would use them. He gets home and I ask how it went with the coupons and he didn't respond. So I looked the reciept and surely enough, he didn't use them! At first I was mad. Then he gave me the sad face and told me he was embarrassed. I started lauging and I promised him wouldn't make him go again.

My children are 1 & 2, well the other week at HT my son opened a pack of M&M's at the register after I paid for my order. So I paid for the M&M's. They rang up to $1.09. I was upset. I spent more money on that tiny pack of M&M's than I did on my entire basket of groceries!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ninamarie100 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:59 AM

Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!Beautyandthesoldier has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamarie100 View Post
I love this thread!

My children are 1 & 2, well the other week at HT my son opened a pack of M&M's at the register after I paid for my order. So I paid for the M&M's. They rang up to $1.09. I was upset. I spent more money on that tiny pack of M&M's than I did on my entire basket of groceries!!
My daughter has done that with the gum at HT. The Trident is right within her reach when we go through checkout. I put the cart to the side slightly behind the cashier now and have to tell them not to move it or my daughter will be snagging the gum and trying to eat it while they are ringing up and I am getting my coupons and money out. She is two.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beautyandthesoldier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Moggy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't have kids so I really never paid any attention - but most grocery stores have a candy free aisle for parents, don't they?
Harris Teeter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM

My Mood/Status:
mmahanna has posted more than 400 great deals!mmahanna has posted more than 400 great deals!mmahanna has posted more than 400 great deals!mmahanna has posted more than 400 great deals!mmahanna has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've only ever seen one, and that was before we moved here. What I did notice is that if it was a candy free aisle that they would often put things such as those annoying little toys that kids love and parents hate, or items like cigarette lighters and tiny packets of tissues. My toddlers aren't that picky about what they will pick up and shred into! I've started making sure that I have something for them to hold onto and play with once we get to the checkout. Even then it's something of a finely coordinated ballet between blocking items of toddler desire with my butt and unloading my buggy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mmahanna For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM

The Holidays??? Oh no!

My Mood/Status:
lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lallyy has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
DH came home the other day with a brown paper bag (lunch sized) and quietly hid it in his desk. Later, I asked what he had purchased, he sheepishly grinned and said, "we are just about out of batteries, so I got some". I later went and looked and he had purchased 6 packs of Durcell batteries, not on sale and with no coupon. I had 22 qs for $1.50 off 1. I was NOT a happy camper. When I showed him the qs he turned a little green. What? Full price and no q?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 AM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyy View Post
DH came home the other day with a brown paper bag (lunch sized) and quietly hid it in his desk. Later, I asked what he had purchased, he sheepishly grinned and said, "we are just about out of batteries, so I got some". I later went and looked and he had purchased 6 packs of Durcell batteries, not on sale and with no coupon. I had 22 qs for $1.50 off 1. I was NOT a happy camper. When I showed him the qs he turned a little green. What? Full price and no q?
Yikes! One thing my S.O. won't come home with is batteries...I got him stocked up big time when Staples was having that freebie deal going on.
Harris Teeter!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 AM

hicandturkey has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm one of those coupon husbands too. REPRESENT! After my second child was born, I became a believer. I've got the binder and everything. My wife is a typical man when it comes to coupons. She hates it because it's so time consuming.

We have 2 Harris Teeter cards (1 for her and 1 for me), which used to work out great come Super Doubles or Triples because we could buy 40 items per day instead of just 20. I got mine before we moved and she got hers after we moved so the names and addresses didn't match which seemed to work for a while. Unfortunately, somehow HT figured out that we're both married and live at the same address now and linked both cards together so the last SD didn't quite go as planned. When we did have 2 separate accounts though I would give her a stash of coupons and a list. Most of the time she would get it right, but other times she would grab the wrong item or not the right number of items. I'd also have to watch her because I'd ask her about the total price at the end and it usually didn't seem right, and then I'd see a package of Oreos in the bag or something else that wasn't on the list.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hicandturkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Oh, and for all of you who actually have pleasant shopping trips with your toddlers, you guys are lucky. Luckily HTs have those free cookies; sure they aren't a permanent solution, but they help when you need about 4 or 5 minutes to regain your sanity.
The Following User Says Thank You to hicandturkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 10:42 AM

bbygurl77 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicandturkey View Post
Oh, and for all of you who actually have pleasant shopping trips with your toddlers, you guys are lucky. Luckily HTs have those free cookies; sure they aren't a permanent solution, but they help when you need about 4 or 5 minutes to regain your sanity.
I agree!!! My 2 year old drives by an HT and yells cookie. As soon as we walk in I grab 2 one for him and one for me... I save mine . Then I dart for what I need as he chumps down on his cookie. Once he is done I give him mine and I know that I at least have another 5 minutes or so before he wants to get down from the cart.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbygurl77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 AM

bbygurl77 has posted more than 50 good deals
I've seen many guys with either an accordion coupon holder or an index box at my HT. They look so serious and definitely on a mission. It's awesome to see. My Dh will go for me but I have to give a detailed list of what I need, I don't think he would take my binder though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbygurl77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 AM

loving fall

My Mood/Status:
clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!clipperkc has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My husbands great when it comes to me sending him to the store. He doesnt mind making a few trips. He is getting pretty good at it. He even goes with me to Kmart for doubles. He doesnt mind at all walking around with a binder in his cart. And if he doesnt he hasnt said a word. Oh how I miss Kmart doubles.

Both DH and DS bring home tearpads and blinkies for me. Got to love it.

I always ask him when I should stop. He says as long as its free bring it on. My rule is sticking to my $50 aweek budget.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicandturkey View Post
I'm one of those coupon husbands too. REPRESENT! After my second child was born, I became a believer. I've got the binder and everything. My wife is a typical man when it comes to coupons. She hates it because it's so time consuming.

We have 2 Harris Teeter cards (1 for her and 1 for me), which used to work out great come Super Doubles or Triples because we could buy 40 items per day instead of just 20. I got mine before we moved and she got hers after we moved so the names and addresses didn't match which seemed to work for a while. Unfortunately, somehow HT figured out that we're both married and live at the same address now and linked both cards together so the last SD didn't quite go as planned. When we did have 2 separate accounts though I would give her a stash of coupons and a list. Most of the time she would get it right, but other times she would grab the wrong item or not the right number of items. I'd also have to watch her because I'd ask her about the total price at the end and it usually didn't seem right, and then I'd see a package of Oreos in the bag or something else that wasn't on the list.
Hi there. I see you've been a member for over a year and this is your first post! Have you been lurking all that time? Just curious. I think its awesome that guys coupon. I wish my man would.
Harris Teeter!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:30 PM

Yup. Never thought of posting to the forums until now. I've been using this site for the coupon database and the Harris Teeter forum. Getting the AD a day early is awesome.

Yea, I think if more guys tried it out and saw how much money they save you'd see more out there couponing. I try to get some of my coworkers into it at work. I show them my receipts and they seem impressed, but I don't think they want to put the effort into actually doing, plus there's the whole stereotype. I'm always taking advantage of the printer at my work and print as many good internet coupons as I can. It's funny, all of a sudden they'll hear the printer going page after page, and they'll look at me and ask, "Coupons?".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hicandturkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
LOL, you're lucky you can do that at work and not get into trouble! As much as our ink costs I think my boss would boot me if I printed a bunch of q's.

I think most men are content to be the cheerleaders, as far as couponing goes. My S.O. brags about all my trips to anyone and everyone that will listen. He even stands and gazes at our stockpile from time to time.
Harris Teeter!

Old 03-04-2010, 02:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
utvridernc has posted more than 25 good deals
yes, once you fall behind it seems like the coupons just keep mulitpling.
The Following User Says Thank You to utvridernc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvridernc View Post
yes, once you fall behind it seems like the coupons just keep mulitpling.

I am always behind on organizing my coupons! Since we have an eat in kitchen and a dining room I use the large table in the dining room for all my clipping and organizing. Right now I have a stack of ss, rp and pg savers on the table and a pile of IP. The good thing is the table is large so I can spread everything out as I clip and organize...the bad thing is the table is large so I can easily pile up stacks upon stacks and get behind! We only use the dining room a few times a year for holidays and gatherings so for the most part its not in the way and luckily I can close the door and hide the mess from everyone! Its really easy to get behind when you have a lot going on and at the end of the day dont feel like sitting down and cutting and filing! I am trying to set aside at least a few hours one day a week to tackle my pile and have it done by the end of the month.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautyandthesoldier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Bwaahaahaaa!
Here too much!

My Mood/Status:
I'm always behind too. But its not as bad since I quit trying to clip and file everything. I took someone's tip of taking the inserts and marking the date with a marker on the front cover and then filing them whole, in order of date, my life has gotten a whole lot easier. It makes it so easy to use the data base, and then go straight to the correct insert and cut what I need as I need it.

I still have q's waiting to be filed - but no where near as big a pile as I used to have!
Harris Teeter!

Old 03-20-2010, 12:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!EMunion777 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
The first time my husband went with me and the binder was the last time. . He said he'll leave the shopping up to me because it was too confusing. He loves that I do it... but he prefers that I do it alone. He said if he wanted something from the store, he'd put it on the fridge and I could hunt for it. .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EMunion777 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 01:30 AM

having dreams about coupons!

My Mood/Status:
jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!jjsbev has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
My 18 yr old son not only found me a tearpad coupon the other day but he also made a statement that made me go..wow- he has been listening! He said "mom, here's this coupon for .50 off and it'll double at Fry's making it FREE!" It was a proud Mom moment to see that i've created a male that knows his coupons!!!!!
, Justin 18
and Tara 12
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjsbev For This Useful Post: