Standard Schedule For Markdown Days On Aging/nearly Expired Products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

disantor has posted more than 10 good deals
Question Standard schedule for markdown days on aging/nearly expired products?

My mom shops in a different location than me and knows all of the days that they mark down meats, seafood, bread, etc. relative to expiration at her store. She also is able to hit the "scratch n dent" fruits and vegetables fairly often, snagging some great deals. I rarely see this stuff-- just recently I saw $1.47 French Bread at $1 off one morning when I was going before work-- but I don't usually go then. This is a great deal at <50 cents a loaf!

When is the best date and/or time to find these great markdowns on meats and fruits/veggies?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to disantor For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM

RE: Standard schedule for markdown days on aging/nearly expired products?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I find the most markdowns on meat early morning and late at night. The meat manager told me that they mark down first thing in the morning, again in late afternoon, and a final markdown before the meat counter closes bwtween 8-9. As for deli/bakery items, I have not discovered a set schedule for those. I seem to find good markdowns throughout the day in those sections. We were in HT tonight and they made an annoucement that all rotisserie items were $3 off the price and donuts were 1.99 per dozen. I always look for the orange special stickers in the deli area. Makes those very easy to spot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aidan&logansmommy For This Useful Post: