Why Wont Hannies Double Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
couponcrazies has posted more than 200 great deals!couponcrazies has posted more than 200 great deals!couponcrazies has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wish Why wont Hannies double coupons?

I used to be a devout Hannies shopper until I started couponing. Now I only shop there when I cant find a better deal at Target, Shaws or Walmart. I miss Hannies sometimes, but really their prices arent that super on a lot of stuff.

Anyone know why Hannies hasnt jumped on the double coupon bandwagon? I miss them. Maybe someday they will double coupons and I can shop there again.
The Following User Says Thank You to couponcrazies For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:37 AM

RE: Why wont Hannies double coupons?

lacol62 has posted more than 5 good deals
because to "double coupon" is to raise the prices on the items you buy the most to make up for it. did you ever notice that the prices at other stores, like shaw's or stop/shop are ridiculous? always pay attention to the price of your items, whereas a lot of times, buying products at hannaford and redeeming a coupon will result in a lower price for the product that the "double coupon" store. not saying that you cannot get some really good deals at the competitors, because you can - I like my items as close to Free as I can get, too!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Katlady has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I asked them about it one time-They acted like it was a stupid question to ask. Before coupons six years ago, I was spending $600-$700/month on groceries at Hannaford. I now spend $200-$300/month at Shaws with my double coupons and deals. Hannaford rarely gets my business these days. They can choose not to double and I choose not to shop there. Oh well...
Old 10-25-2009, 07:01 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
couponcrazies has posted more than 200 great deals!couponcrazies has posted more than 200 great deals!couponcrazies has posted more than 200 great deals!
Same here. I spent maybe $800 a month at Hannaford on groceries. Now we spend $400 and shop everywhere but Hannaford. Ah well. Their loss. Hopefully someday they change their policies.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:58 PM

is trying to get back on track so we can save more $!

My Mood/Status:
mommymentality has posted more than 150 good deals!mommymentality has posted more than 150 good deals!
I started shopping at Shaw's almost a year ago because I was able to get way more for my money... I recently got over $100 worth of groceries for $13 out of pocket... without Doubled coupons and great Catalina deals, that would never have happened... I WISH Hannaford would do it! And I've seen no real price difference between the two stores pre sale prices.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!MomToC has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
And they won't take IP's. At least my store here
Old 01-02-2010, 05:04 PM

enjoying life!

My Mood/Status:
dboobear711 has posted more than 200 great deals!dboobear711 has posted more than 200 great deals!dboobear711 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I gotta say I asked my broter in law this question who has worked for hannaford for years and is a manager there. he says that would be a gimmick and they don't believe in gimmicks. he also told me I was the kind of shopper they don't want to get there because they won't make any money with all the coupons I use. Like everyone else said their loss.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 AM

lacol62 has posted more than 5 good deals
I'm all for shopping for Free! whenever possible. Hannaford is more consistent in their pricing, not "hi/low", (prices changing every week to make up for their "deals", as many of their competitors. Even without the "double coupons", I can still save at Hannaford. All of the coupons that are for $1, (or more), do not save you any more when used at "double coupon" stores. So, if Hannaford pricing is lower on any of those items, you still save! Those of us who are considered "cherry pickers" will always be able to save money by shopping at different stores. Be attentive, watch your sales, clip your coupons - personally, I prefer to shop where I can count on the prices being more consistent week to week. The "double coupon" stores aren't doubling their coupons for free - nor are their BOGO sales - they are making up the difference by charging higher retails on other items - and on the BOGO items, keep an eye on the weekly pricing....funny how the price of some of the BOGO items increase on the week that they are BOGO!

Last edited by lacol62; 01-04-2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: adding
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM

My Mood/Status:
tammij28
Hannies won't double coupons because it si a loss on their business. All the stores that double coupons like Shaws and Stop and Shop, take a loss of profit because they are only getting the face value of the coupon from the manufacturer. That is why Shaws's prices are higher. Also, Hannaford is big into the store brand items which I find are cheaper than the name brand even with a coupon.