What To Do About Bad Hotel Customer Service?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Relaxing

My Mood/Status:
twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!twilcn has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
What to do about bad hotel customer service?

So this week we ended up moving into a different hotel with lots more room w/ stove full referigator
So we make a reservation with this hotel for a move in on Tuesday. So Tuesday gets here and we move our belongings from the other hotel we were at to this one.
So Check in goes smoothly and sign papers blah blah blah....Then clerk gave me after I gotten my room keys and finish paying for it a list of "Rules and Regulations" Which I'm pretty use to ...So I go back outside and wait for hubby to get there for lunch (In the meantime our room isn't ready)..so while I'm waiting I read over the paper work and blah blah No Loud Music...Same ole Same ole...and I get to the portion where it says..No Trailers,No Pets...So I go in...and said..Well,I'm not sure we can stay here because we have a flat bed trailer we carry with us for DH's motorcycle. He then says well you can keep it here for a week since you didn't know..So Went back to the car and waited to discuss this with DH. So after discussion with DH we decided we didn't want to stay there since we'd have to move the trailer and no where to move it to..The Clerk was being such an a** ...Well you have to cancel within 24 hours or we'll keep all the money you just paid ..WHAT!!! I then told him hold on..I'm getting hubby...
So DH goes in there...and it's getting heated...We didn't know we were moving somewhere where we couldn't have our trailer (When there's at least 4 sitting in the parking lot) DH wanted our money back ...and Clerk was not giving our money back at all...So we threathen him with BBB and calling our CC and debateing the charge...We he goes on to say "Well in that case you're not getting a dime back"
ERRR I could have ..So somehow..We ended up staying with one requirement of our trailer could stay here. He agrees.
So Now, everytime I have to get Fresh towels or just a simple ironing board ..I get GEEEZEE or JESUS CHRIST!! It's not like I asked him for his kidney
So we've been trying to contact the owner...Which he is never around when we
need to speak to him...This Clerk is here fulltime..No one else...He is the MANAGER

So I'm at wits end with this guy....Someone needs to teach him his manners or just put him over their knee and a good southern spanking.
We've tried to Call Corp but no one ever picks up and we tried to Email and the email won't go thru.
I really don't want to move for the 3rd time,but debating whether we should or not ...Thanks for this A## that doesn't know a thing about Customer Service.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:17 PM

RE: What to do about bad hotel customer service?

Couponing Mom of Five
couponing mom of five

My Mood/Status:
staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!staviles has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this...and wow, that guy sounds like he needs a "come to Jesus meeting" and I don't mean in a good way...I swear customer service is a term that no longer has any meaning these days...hang in there and don't let him get you down
Old 07-14-2008, 09:00 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
msgail1953 has posted more than 25 good deals
I work at a hotel in a very large chain and customer service is our motto. If you are dissatisfied then we at the front desk are enable to give you your room for free. I love my job and the company I work for. Absolutely notify the better business bureau as well as your credit card co, but also write to the chain who franchises the hotel and inform them what's going on. All chains have standards and if any hotel does not abide by them then they will not be allowed to use the chain name. I'm sorry you got stuck at such a place. I wish you the best.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:03 PM

loves twinners boxes!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgail1953 View Post
I work at a hotel in a very large chain and customer service is our motto. If you are dissatisfied then we at the front desk are enable to give you your room for free. I love my job and the company I work for. Absolutely notify the better business bureau as well as your credit card co, but also write to the chain who franchises the hotel and inform them what's going on. All chains have standards and if any hotel does not abide by them then they will not be allowed to use the chain name. I'm sorry you got stuck at such a place. I wish you the best.
Where do you work???

Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
fuzzyboo has posted more than 200 great deals!fuzzyboo has posted more than 200 great deals!fuzzyboo has posted more than 200 great deals!
Most hotels have a cancellation policy, but I have never heard of one that would more then the first night for not cancelling on time. The ones I used to work at rarely even charged for the cancellations if we knew we could still sell that room for the night. It is so sad how there is no "Customer Service" left in the world these days. I always did my best to make our guests happy, and would never have let them see me angry for any extras they requested. I hate it when I go some place where they glare at you, like how dare I make them do their actual job! I hope things get better. Definitely call the BBB, and the corp. office for the chain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:31 AM

My Mood/Status:
mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mpayne has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Is it a chain hotel? If so, definitely complain to Corporate! I got really bad service at a Marriott, of all places, several years ago. I complained (it was that bad!) and got a voucher in the mail for 3 free nights @ any Marriott in the world.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 AM

hopes everyone has a great day!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Carrie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I work the front desk at a Hotel and our cancelation policy is 48 hours prior to arrival. But if you cancel we can only charge for 1 night, not your whole stay. And if there was a problem with the room or our rules we wouldn't charge you at all. This guy should grow up and do his job. Sorry you are having a bad time there. Hopefully you get a hold of someone who can something with him.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 AM

My son is back on base!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Goldi43192 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
FOR SURE get ahold of corp! If this is a chain by all means get ahold of some one up in command. Is there any comment cards in the room? If so, fill them out EVERY day and drop them in the mail box dont leave them in the room! Make sure you leave that managers name on it! I would also get ahold of my credit card as well, let them know whats going on, they may be able to take the charges off your bill! I'm sooo sorry this is all going on during your vacation, but dont let it get you down, but I would also keep an eye on your bikes as well!

Tags
bad, customer, hotel, service