I Am Sooo Upset, Nasty Note From The Neighbor- UPDATE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 AM

RE: I am sooo upset, nasty note from the neighbor- UPDATE

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
That is so sick - the time it took them to write a 3 page letter they could have come over and done the lawn if it bothers them so much. Where do you live that you would get a note like that for not mowing the lawn for 2 weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to 332pca For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 AM

I'm off to see the wizard.....
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would have taken the note... kept it.. but put a sign out front.. FREE HAY... BAIL YOUR OWN!!!!

Leave that up a couple days .. they will get the hint......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lhart24 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:05 AM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
We live in Nutley NJ -- Martha Stewart grew up there if that gives u a clue. It's actually a great place to live, raise a family and we mostly love our neighbors. For the most part, everyone seems great. It just takes one bitter person to throw it out of wack.

WE spent a lot of freakin money on our home and we should be able to do with it as we'd like. I understand that it's a white picket fence, perfect lawn community but too bad. Give me a break. if it was out of hand then fine -- send the town to do what they need to - but for one condescending guy to act like we've committed holy murder is uncalled for. I can't believe I'm still upset about this!!!!!! I'm gonna try getting over it now. really I am. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 AM

I'm off to see the wizard.....
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You know regardless of the community atomosphere... things happen in life and the lawn isnt a top priority.. plain and simple... if that guy cant understand that.. or hasnt a clue.. he isnt worth your time..

I mean in the end what is he REALLY going to do... even if he send the townfolk after you.. you get like a notice etc.. no biggie... He may write another nasty note at which point you will realize he is a lonely old man with too much time on his hands...

Now I do understand that being in a well kept community is part of the appeal of some towns... so I do understand that point.. but like i said .. real life sometimes gets in the way of mowing the lawn...

I guess you could resolve the problem and treat the lawn with weed killer... dead grass or tall grass.. hmm which is worse..
The Following User Says Thank You to lhart24 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 AM

Needs to get to CVS already!
Yay! I can use expired grocery qs!!

My Mood/Status:
Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Momtoabunch has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
What a schmuck! I would send the letter definitely!! How pathetic that the person had enough spare time to write out a letter but not enough compassion and empathy (for the human race in general) to see if you needed a hand.

I would get rid of the last paragraph, where you talk about the driveway though, because you don't need to defend yourself to a schmuck.

Oh, and forgive my anal-ness (is that a word?) but it is "whoever" not "whomever" in that sentence.

This makes me sad. I'm so sorry you had to deal with it. FWIW, if you were my neighbor I would have had my boys mow your lawn.
The Following User Says Thank You to Momtoabunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM

baby it's cold outside
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Momma D has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!

Don't let one bad apple spoil the batch. I sure most of your neighbors are not like that...but I do love your letter. Bravo for have the courage to send it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wife of Tim
Mom to Brendan (22)
Luke (8)
& Emily (3)
and ...Domino
Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lesliec has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I am so sorry this happened to you. I can't imagine living with people like that (or near them). In our neighborhood the neighbors usually take care of the new neighbor's for a few weeks or so when they move in (it was done for us and we have helped out and seen it done for so many others). Our neighbors are great!!!! Everyone takes care of everyone else, watering plants or mowing lawns when out of town, or in other kinds of need. I am saddened that they didn't even check on you guys to see if everything was ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to lesliec For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:23 AM

is waiting for her DS to visit 3/27
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Jen, I am so sorry to hear the baby has been sick on top of all your work travels lately. That really sucks. I knew you have been gone alot, your DH is a saint.

I thought you did a great job on the letter to. I am kinda leaning toward MJ in maybe not handing it out. That person sounds like a mean noisey stuffy unfriendly crabapple. That's why there wasn't a knock on the door. Nasty people like that will only feel proud of them selves knowing it hurt your feelings, made you mad and got you out there to do what they told you to do. Pretending you didn't get it will just drive hateful neighbor crazy. Like when you always smile and say hey to that person at work that doesn't like you.

The Following User Says Thank You to lifeworthliving For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 AM

Neocon

My Mood/Status:
SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think the letter is well written. I don't know if I would send it or not. Maybe give yourself a chance to cool down and if you still feel you want to defend your position, send it.

Don't forget to say please and THANK YOU!
The Following User Says Thank You to SoccerMama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:27 AM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks --

momtoabunch -- I missed that and one or two little typos, already made my copies so the letters going to the neighbors - errors and all. Too late to take out the driveway thing - i shouldn't have to defend myself but i felt the need to.

I was so mad when I wrote it, I am seriously surprised it's even coherent!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 AM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Oh, it's going out. It'll make me feel so much better. Not my usual MO but it's happening. LOL -

DH is a true saint. My company is shaky right now (I work for a tv show) and I've been on the road every other week practically. It's been unbearable being away from my baby and DH so much. He's been such a trooper. He gets up all hours of the night to take of the baby, he takes him to and picks him up from daycare. he feeds him, changes him, gets him to bed at night. I usually get in very late. DH was a stay at home dad for the first 6months but took some really bad job b/c if I lose mine, we'll be without healthcare. So now he's doing most of everything as I travel trying to save our TV show (and our benefits). Hopefully, the show will get on better ground and DH can quit to take care of important things - like the baby and our lawn.

Thanks again for listening.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:37 AM

My Mood/Status:
gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!gahippiechik has posted more than 200 great deals!
Its a shame that in the world today its hard to find good neighbors. When I grew up everybody was friends in my neighborhood. We use to have block parties where everybody would get together and hang out, eat, kids would play all day. What has happened to all that?
Now you live in a neighborhood and don't even know who your neighbors are let alone talk or wave to them. Its very sad...
Sorry you had to deal with that and good for you for standing up for yourself with that letter! BRAVO

The Following User Says Thank You to gahippiechik For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
mikeswife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mikeswife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mikeswife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mikeswife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mikeswife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mikeswife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm so sorry that they would be so nasty to you like that, I think you did a great job on the letter try not to let them get under your skin it probably a nosey old biddy that has nothing to do then bitch
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeswife For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 AM

is searching for deals on AFC!
AFC User

My Mood/Status:
MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so sorry you were the recipient of such nastiness! Why someone felt the need to send a 3 page letter about your lawn is beyond me. 3 pages? What the heck took up 3 whole pages? That's nuts!

The letter you wrote was perfect, and I'd absolutely send it out. I probably would have even included a copy of the letter I received right along with it! This accomplishes 2 things. The most important being that I highly doubt you'll get another letter like that. If you let it slide and just did your lawn, the person who wrote it would feel the compulsion to do it again anytime they felt like it. Also, I'd imagine you'll be getting a few calls or knocks on your door from the majority of your other neighbors who want to reassure you that they didn't appreciate being lumped in that sig line.

Shame on the person that wrote that letter.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxxMe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 AM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Oh yes, I've made 30 copies of the original letter that is getting attached to my note. thanks!!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 AM

Decluttering is a goal this year !

My Mood/Status:
mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mysweetiepie has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
hope your baby gets better ...... personally I would wait a couple of more weeks before I took care of that lawn just because of that letter.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
since when were things more important than people? loved your line about missing the other note of concern for you. way to go!
The Following User Says Thank You to carriemb2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 PM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
so tempting sweetiepie but we had plans of doing our garden this weekend anyway -- I don't like looking at the overgrown yard myself.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:01 PM

is searching for deals on AFC!
AFC User

My Mood/Status:
MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Jen, be sure to let us all know when the other neighbors pipe in with their input about that awful letter. You'll be feelin' the neighborly love not long after they read it. I know I sure would be making a quick call to reassure one of my neighbors that I didn't want to be included in that 'from your neighbors' signature line. And then I'd ask if I could help in any way!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 PM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
thanks maxxx -- I promise to keep you all updated!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I think your letter was very well stated. I wish people would take into consideration others circumstances. Hang in there and keep us updated on the result.

& Claire
The Following User Says Thank You to wkfrank29 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM

is settling into our new home.
is saddened and concerned...

My Mood/Status:
luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!luv2sav has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hey Jen, how is the baby feeling?As far as the lawn goes, let it grow another two weeks! Really, don't let people like that bother you. They are petty and small and aren't worth the energy to get upset over.
The Following User Says Thank You to luv2sav For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM

What a way to go!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Teacup3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Wow~ what a terrible thing for someone to send to you...That was very uncaring indeed...

The letter you are mailing out sounds great...Though I would not send it out...It may cause more problems for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teacup3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 PM

Will work for pamper points!

My Mood/Status:
marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!marbear has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I LOVE YOU ARMYMPWIFE!!!

Hey Jen, when they put out the Christmas ornaments at wags I will buy you the yard inflatable where Santa is sipping a margarita if ya want!

Definitely invest in a pink flamingo. Better yet, hang a gallon ziploc full of letters w/ "take one" written on the ziploc off the flamingos neck. That way you don't have to distribute them b/c you know Mr. Nosy pants sure will get his hands on one.
, Hayden
, & Jack
The Following User Says Thank You to marbear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2008, 12:19 PM

loves a good bargain.
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!JavaMomma has posted more than 400 great deals!
that is so uncalled for by the neighbors.
If they were true neighbors they would have realized what was going on in your personal life and mowed the lawn for you!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to JavaMomma For This Useful Post:

Tags
nasty, neighbor, note, sooo, update, upset