Men Know NOTHING About Make-up!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!
Men know NOTHING about make-up!!!!

So, I went to CVS today. I planned on taking advantage of the Revlon lipstick with attached $4 ECB, the Revlon nailpolish on sale for $4.79 and get $3 ECB. Also, I wanted to see if they had restocked the Abreva pump. I was in on Sunday and the tag clearly read $18.99 -$7 ECB like getting it for $11.99. Well, they were almost wiped out of lipstick and nailpolish and the only colors left were colors that I would be hesitatant about using on my kids even on Halloween. So, I figured I'd get a RC. I walked back to the where the Abreva is supposed to be, and they were still out of stock. And the tag was altered. Someone had put a label over the $18.99 with a $20.99 price. So the sale tag said "$20.99-$7 ECB like getting it for $11.99" Really??
And the tag even had the sale date still on it... 3/4 -3-10

I had seen the manager a few aisle over, so I asked her about the tag. She was extremely nice. She found the Abreva pump in the back for me and told me that Yes, it should ring up at $18.99 and give me $7 ECB and to let the cashier up front know. Well when he scanned the Abreva, it rang up as $20.99. I told him that it should be $18.99, and he said "Well, it's not, it's $20.99" So, I explained to him that I had already spoken with his manager and she said that it is supposed to be $18.99. He just stood there and looked at me with daggers. I told him I could step aside and let the people behind me go, while we waited on her to come up to the counter. He huffed and said "No, it's fine". So I got my Abreva (finally) and the $7ECB automatically printed.

Part 2
I then told him I needed to get a few RCs, but I would let the people behind me go ahead and go.
He waited on them and huffed again as I stepped back up to the counter with my ad. I told him I wanted a RC for the Revlon Eye/Lip deal and the Revlon nailpolish deal and showed him the back page of the ad. He again glared at me and said sarcastically "We are completely out of stock of nailpolish AND lipstick?" I said no, but I don't want any of the colors that are left. He then asked me what color lipstick and nailpolish I wanted. I told him that I didn't know because they didn't have the rest of them to look at..... I can't tell what color it is just by the name. He told me that he couldn't give me a RC if I couldn't tell him what color, slammed his RC pad down and said I'm getting the manager. I told him that was fine with me. When SHE came up to the counter I explained which RCs I wanted and showed her the empty shelves. She nodded to him and said "Yes, it is fine" and he turned around and huffed and puffed away, . I apoligized to her and she said "No, it's fine. He's a man and he doesn't understand these things"
He ended up giving me the RCs and rudely slapped them down on the counter. I said "Thank you sir" and without even acknowleding me, he turned around and started stocking something behind the counter.
What a rudey patooty!!!

Was I wrong about the price of the Abreva? and was I wrong to get a RC even though they had ugly colors available?
The Following User Says Thank You to glugal For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:10 AM

RE: Men know NOTHING about make-up!!!!

My Mood/Status:
aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aubreepwi has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
LOL you should have asked him to display some of the ugly colors on his nails, so you can see if you liked them or not. Joking ofc. You were in the right!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aubreepwi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!
No you weren't wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to floflolinda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 10:13 AM

sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!sonatinaclef has posted more than 400 great deals!
No you weren't. He clearly has no customer service. Good grief
The Following User Says Thank You to sonatinaclef For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
As a guy I don't know much about makeup I concede that FACT with no problem....I do know what good customer service is, his lack of that knowledge is MUCH more disturbing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupid For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!glugal has posted more than 300 great deals!
I apologize if I offended anyone, I wasn't "hating" on men
I LUUUUUV men....

I was just very disappointed that he gave me such a hard time over 2 silly rainchecks and I wasn't giving him a hard time AT ALL.

I have shopped at this CVS for YEARS and never had a problem with them accepting my qs, etc, but it seems like the last month or so they have gotten VERY snippy. I had a similiar experience but not as bad on Sunday with a completely different cashier. It just doesn't make sense to me why they are acting this way because the manager has always been VERY nice and has even pointed out better ways to use my qs and ECBs in a deal.

I don't want to switch to another CVS, but if the cashiers continue to treat people this way, I am going to. I am already passing one Kroger just to go to another Kroger in a different state (I'm on the border of WV/OH) because of the same treatment.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Men are clueless most of the time about that stuff. But, I think he was having a bad day more than anything.

I think that cashiers have a tough job. We know we are honest couponers. We try to follow the rules, buy the right items, etc. Then you have those mixed in with the extreme couponers who will clear a shelf (with the right coupons) in 2 seconds flat and defend their right too. Then you have the shady couponers who will give anything a go to see if it will work and get by. Mix that with regular customers and then managers and store managers and district manager who all have a different view on coupon use depending on their job and all give different rules on what these lowely cashiers can and can't take. Mix it in a blender and you have one crabby cashier who just sees a coupon and ducks for cover. He can't tell the difference. The shady couponers are just as nice as the normal ones, till they don't get their way.

Have you ever sat back and watched a store cashier for an hour and see all they deal with. That is just what we can see, not even going with the manager meetings and csm meetings.

Should he lose the attitude and just do it? Yes. That is the job he has, buck up and do it with a smile. But, we can be aware that it is a delicate position some of them are in with a manager telling them, "You take one more bad coupon and you lose your job".

I have the same gripes, and I stop shopping at stores for a bit if they cashiers get that grumpy. But, then after a month, the nasty ones have a way of leaving and you go back and give it another go. Kind of like sale seasons, cashiers come and go too. Wait him out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaillasB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!KaillasB has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
dup post for some reason.

Last edited by KaillasB; 03-06-2012 at 11:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KaillasB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Lol I wasn't offended btw. Well other than by the way you were treated
The Following User Says Thank You to Coupid For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You should have explained to him that you were doing CVS a favor by getting a raincheck rather than buying a product you were 99% likely to not like and then you would have to return. With the policy that they will take back any makeup you are unhappy with, they would have had to dispose of the return as a loss. It really is better for CVS in the long run to just write the rain check in this sort of a situation.

Am I the only one that doesnt feel at all bad about how long I may take at a register? I certainly try to have all my ducks in a row so that (assuming no cashier personality issues) my transaction should run smoothly. I really dont see it as my fault that a coupon wont scan or that something rings up correctly and I dont see why I should have to step aside and wait for the cashier to have no other customers. I usually end up waiting to get checked out, often for quite long time so once it is my turn, it is my turn and I will get everything taken care of at once. I do offer (or just do it if there is only one cashier) to go to the end of the line if I have multiple transactions.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydawn View Post
Am I the only one that doesnt feel at all bad about how long I may take at a register? I certainly try to have all my ducks in a row so that (assuming no cashier personality issues) my transaction should run smoothly. I really dont see it as my fault that a coupon wont scan or that something rings up correctly and I dont see why I should have to step aside and wait for the cashier to have no other customers. I usually end up waiting to get checked out, often for quite long time so once it is my turn, it is my turn and I will get everything taken care of at once. I do offer (or just do it if there is only one cashier) to go to the end of the line if I have multiple transactions.
Nope if I have to wait in line then its my turn when I get up there. I will however let someone go ahead of me if its not busy (ie I will get my turn quickly) and they only have 1 or 2 items. I figure it this way. I don't want anyone to have to wait an exorbitant amount of time because of me, but if there is a line anyway and we all wait then I'm not giving up my turn!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!
Since I do the shopping and deal hunting I buy all my wife's makeup. I've memorized her usual colors for all face makeup but with the lipstick and nail polish she notes what colors on the list but often I pick them out myself since I find deals on them when they aren't on the list for that week. Unfortunately for her I like her in what he would refer to as 'hooker colors'. :-p. What can I say? it's hot.

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GaryInOhio For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!Newbie Wan Coupone has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryInOhio View Post
Since I do the shopping and deal hunting I buy all my wife's makeup. I've memorized her usual colors for all face makeup but with the lipstick and nail polish she notes what colors on the list but often I pick them out myself since I find deals on them when they aren't on the list for that week. Unfortunately for her I like her in what he would refer to as 'hooker colors'. :-p. What can I say? it's hot.

First of all I just want to say, how sweet of you. Sorry, I know most men don't like being labeled sweet or cute but I had to say it.

Second of all, LMAO @ Hooker colors!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:13 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
LOL. I just asked DH if he wanted to pick out my lipstick and nail polish for me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Hannah
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Old 03-06-2012, 04:14 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glugal
LOL. I just asked DH if he wanted to pick out my lipstick and nail polish for me
Oops!!!
I got the deer in the headlights look and a "drrrrrrr"
and Hannah
~~
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryInOhio

Lol!!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryInOhio View Post

Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!AngBuck has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Most men are clueless when it comes to make up.Kind of the same, most women would be clueless about fishing and hunting stuff .DH will buy me "lady stuff" if it's for sale at Cabela's or Bass Pro. I said I'd fish with him if he could find a pink rod. he did and it is blinged out. Now if he would just get my pink Mossberg, I'd go hunting too. But DH does find it hot that I buy lures that get him fish
Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngBuck View Post
Most men are clueless when it comes to make up.Kind of the same, most women would be clueless about fishing and hunting stuff .DH will buy me "lady stuff" if it's for sale at Cabela's or Bass Pro. I said I'd fish with him if he could find a pink rod. he did and it is blinged out. Now if he would just get my pink Mossberg, I'd go hunting too. But DH does find it hot that I buy lures that get him fish
I'm pretty much clueless about hunting, but fishing I LOVE!!! Right now my fav rod is my Pfluger, but I am patiently waiting for a St. Croix......alas, I doubt I will ever get one. I don't think they have coupons for St. Croix rods.
I do think that Pfluger makes a purple rod and Shakespeare has a pink one, if that helps, LOL
Old 03-07-2012, 04:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!GaryInOhio has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie Wan Coupone View Post
First of all I just want to say, how sweet of you. Sorry, I know most men don't like being labeled sweet or cute but I had to say it.

Second of all, LMAO @ Hooker colors!!!!
Thanks!

She has *a lot* of bright red lipstick and hot pink nail polish
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryInOhio For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
cringe has posted more than 100 good deals!cringe has posted more than 100 good deals!
Nope, you're not wrong-- what if were make-up FOUNDATION?! Are we then supposed to just choose a color that is not suitable for our skin tone, simply because they still have it in stock? I think not! I've had to ask for their assistance occasionally when makeup is B1Gx, and there is only ONE of my color left. I'm very open as to how they want to solve it, but not to changing colors (most often, they'll calculate the per-item price, and let me buy the 1 by adjusting the price).

So what's a good ("typical") male equivalent? If there's no lager left, just buy (and drink) the ale? No beef jerky left, buy the tofu-- no raincheck for you? What would resonate with the stereotypical male???