Bagging Your Own Groceries :/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 AM

RE: Bagging your own groceries :/

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!
I watch my transaction, bagger or no, then when its done if there isn't a bagger I will start to bag my own. I don't mind bagging but I won't neglect to watch my transaction. Stores I go to make too many mistakes for me to do that.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 09:38 PM

RE: Bagging your own groceries :/

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Northern Belle has posted more than 100 good deals!Northern Belle has posted more than 100 good deals!
The grocery store I typically go to doesn't have any baggers, so the vast majority of the time I do it myself and don't have any issues with it. However, if I'm at a grocery store where there are baggers and there isn't one in my lane to pack my groceries, I'll just politely ask the cashier to ask for a bagger to come over. My feeling is that if I'm shopping at a grocery store where having your groceries bagged is a standard service and customers in other lines are having their groceries bagged, why should I have to bag mine and be unable to take advantage of the service like other customers? It just seems rude and unfair to customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueangel1484 View Post
I don't think it's poor customer service, I just think they are fazing baggers out.
This is a possibility (the Walmart method does seem way more efficient than the traditional method), but I do think it's poor customer service simply because it's a service that's supposed to be available, yet in many stores only some customers are able to take advantage of it. Other customers are expected to pick up the slack when no employee is available to do the bagging or the cashier simply waits until you ask for a bagger, which is rude if the service is supposed to be standard. Employees do typically have many duties, but it's not the customer's job to worry about those types of things. If it's one of the store's standard services, then it should be readily available to all of the store's customers. If that isn't possible and they can't be consistent, they should just stop offering it all together.

I do have to say, though, I will bag my own groceries if the store is clearly understaffed and the cashier would have to do it, especially if there are other people in line behind me. I also do it when the cashier calls over a bagger and it ends up being an elderly person. Even though the person may be perfectly able, as a 20-something it just wouldn't feel right!

Last edited by Northern Belle; 03-17-2012 at 11:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Belle For This Useful Post: